Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > New England Region > Connecticut Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Connecticut Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: StreamlineGT

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-09-2010, 08:28 AM
New User

Nickygunz is starting off with a positive reputation.
Restoration help

Hi, new guy here in need of some help. I picked up a 79 F250 recently and want to put some money in it getting it fixed up. I need to find someone who does welding near the Danbury area to replace a rear shock mount and leaf hanger and cross member in the bed.

It'll also need some leaks fixed in the rear diff, transfer case, valve covers and exhaust manifold. But I'd like to get the welding done first.

I don't think that it's in that bad condition, but there is definatley rust to deal with and flaking on parts of the frame.

If anyone has any suggestions on the best place to get some of this work done for the money I'd appreciate it. This is my first time tackling anything like this so I am not sure where to start and could really use the help. Thanks guys.
Old 11-09-2010, 04:22 PM
Post Fiend

Zookie400 is a splendid one to beholdZookie400 is a splendid one to beholdZookie400 is a splendid one to beholdZookie400 is a splendid one to beholdZookie400 is a splendid one to beholdZookie400 is a splendid one to beholdZookie400 is a splendid one to behold
i dont even know where danbury is so i cant help you out there, butthe crossmember and spring hangers are all riveted to the frame. if you grind the heads off, you can pound the rivets out (or drill them out) and reassemble with your new parts and grade 8 bolts. if you dont feel comfortable doing it yourself, your local mechanic probably has done 100 of the broken shackle/hanger fixes because it was a problem from the 70's right through the 80's and 90's. they rot out badly on the rangers too.

welcome to the CT chapter

MY YOUTUBE VIDEOS
Old 11-10-2010, 08:37 PM
Post Fiend

Nice Work Truck is a splendid one to beholdNice Work Truck is a splendid one to beholdNice Work Truck is a splendid one to beholdNice Work Truck is a splendid one to beholdNice Work Truck is a splendid one to beholdNice Work Truck is a splendid one to beholdNice Work Truck is a splendid one to beholdNice Work Truck is a splendid one to behold
Welcome Nickyguns.
I wish I could help but I don't know anyone down your way.
Come on over and join the CT chapter.
"Whatever You Are Be a Good One". Abe Lincoln
The more you explain it, the more I don't understand it.' - Mark Twain
Old 11-10-2010, 08:37 PM