Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

94 F350 semi-extreme Build with pics. *update 10-15-11* New Pro Comp Xtreme A/T Tires

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 10:49 PM
SideWinder4.9l
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
All this to pull one measely lil boat?
Hey L. Ward, found yer MPG issue....

-Wes

Old 03-02-2011, 05:43 AM
L. Ward
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LOL! What really sucks is I found the leak right after I bought the thing and went to fill the tanks and drive it home. Got the tank just over half full and fuel just started pouring out. Figured I would just run the front tank down on the trip home and deal with it then. Nope, got on the highway and the front pump cr@pped out, so the entire trip was made on the rear tank, while I sloshed fuel out of the front tank every time I hit the brakes or a bump in the road, and then had to siphon out all the fuel that was left with a hose when I got home.

Old 03-03-2011, 08:35 PM
L. Ward
Elder User
Cab is painted (d@mn! I forgot what a b!itch it is to paint the roof on a crewcab!!) Tomorrow, masking and painting the stripes, then the clear coat

Also, got the hood scoop ordered and on the way, should be here tomorrow from Atlanta, got the clear lenses for the Lund visor ordered, and the new radiator core support made it in from LMC today. Hopefully if things go well the next couple days, the cab will be done, the rear doors done, the old dash pulled and new one in, and motor either out, or just about ready to come out. Got a seminar all next week, so getting anything done next week is out.

Old 03-03-2011, 11:21 PM
1980 Ford F-250
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WOW! That is really coming along! And it is really inspiring me to get mine all finished up! Good luck!!

Old 03-04-2011, 09:50 PM
L. Ward
Elder User
Stripes are done and cab is clearcoated.

Old 03-04-2011, 10:01 PM
SideWinder4.9l
FTE Chapter Leader

L. Ward, has anyone ever told you how badass you are?

-Wes

Old 03-04-2011, 10:10 PM
L. Ward
Elder User
Just call me "Memphis", LOL

Old 03-04-2011, 10:22 PM
SideWinder4.9l
FTE Chapter Leader

Gone in 60 seconds?

-Wes

P.S-For some odd reason I can honestly picture you walking into a job interview and saying...."Hi, my name is L. Ward, and I'm a badass...".....Wearing a white t-shirt and a black leather jacket....rofl

Old 03-04-2011, 10:37 PM
strokin'_tatsch
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
For some reason the first pic of the stripes makes it look like they are off to the driver side just a fuzz, but I highly, HIGHLY doubt they are. LOL. Looking good man, keep it up. Gotta love a new paint job!!!

Old 03-04-2011, 10:40 PM
L. Ward
Elder User
Sorta... it started out with the local supply shop I use giving me a quart of Subaru Black Pearl in Wandabase brand to try out my new guns with. Since I still had 3/4 of a quart left, Dad made the comment I could do some trim color with the Black Pearl on the Dark Smoke Metallic I was going to spray everything with. Then for Christmas, I got a gift certificate to Mustangs Unlimited out of Atlanta. My '67 is still a LOOOONG way from being even ready to order parts for. I still have to replace a quarter panel, add some floor supports and cut the roof off (making a '67 Shelby Convertible clone out of it, there was only one '67 GT500 Convert built and it was a special for Carroll himself) Anyways, one day while I was in the back yard, I was looking at the 'stang and noticed the line in the middle of the hood was nearly identical to the truck hood. Did some checking and measuring, and the scoop that they used on the Eleanor in the remake of Gone in 60 will go right on and match up perfectly. So, I pulled the specs for the Le Mans stripes up on the internet, did some more measuring and playing around, and now the end result. Shelby (Le Mans) stripes on the truck, and cashed in the gift certificate for the scoop.

Old 03-04-2011, 10:51 PM
SideWinder4.9l
FTE Chapter Leader

Shew...dammit, now I have to change shirt, cos ya went and made me drool...lol

-Wes

Old 03-04-2011, 10:51 PM
L. Ward
Elder User
Originally Posted by strokin'_tatsch
For some reason the first pic of the stripes makes it look like they are off to the driver side just a fuzz, but I highly, HIGHLY doubt they are. LOL. Looking good man, keep it up. Gotta love a new paint job!!!
Thanks!!

As for the stripes, it's an optical illusion from standing on a ladder and shooting the picture at an angle. The structural ridge in the roof disappears on the drivers side, but is visible on the passenger side.

True Shelby stripes actually taper at the front and rear and are wider in the middle. This was done since the hoods and roofs of the early Mustangs were so long the stripes appeared to get narrow further back if they did them the same width all the way across. In this case, I didn't worry about recreating the taper. The basic width and centering is 10" wide with a 2" gap in the middle, which is what Shelby stripes start and end with. To do them, I climbed up on the motor and dad got on the frame behind the cab. Using a template we made out of thin cardboard, we determined the centerline on the top of the cab, and then made reference marks at 1" from center and 11" from center, front and real giving us a 10" stripe with 2" gap. Once we had those marks, we used string to give us a straight line and then laid tape down next to the string. Took the string up, and then finished masking it all off. 1 hour later, the stripes are painted and I am throwing the old tape and paper in the trash. Let it finish drying all afternoon, then rolled into the garage this evening, wiped everything down with windex and then a tack cloth, and shot the clear.

Old 03-11-2011, 05:56 PM
L. Ward
Elder User
New goodies are here for the rebuild

"Eleanor" scoop for the hood

"NOS" rear CC PW door panels ($220.. OUCH!!)

and a pair of front PW/PL door panels from the P&P ($20 for the pair)

Old 03-11-2011, 07:17 PM
Diesel_Brad
Fleet Owner
Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts
Ward. that doesnt look lime a crewcab front door panel

Old 03-11-2011, 07:25 PM
L. Ward
Elder User
It's not. I have a CC front PW/PL door panel (in blue), but I have given up finding the switch cover for a drivers side CC. It is so obsolete it isn't even funny. The switch cover for that panel is in good shape, has the power mirror control, so I am going to just go with the 2 switch setup on the drivers door, and then mount the front controls for the rear windows either on the front of the console, on the dash somewhere, or most likely on the radio/light control box. Since it will be big enough to accommodate the Ranger2950, the Yaesu fire radio, Code3 siren and a switch box for the cab lights and hide aways, I think I should be able to find room to mount a couple of window rocker switches in it somewhere.

Quick Reply: 94 F350 semi-extreme Build with pics. *update 10-15-11* New Pro Comp Xtreme A/T Tires