General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Dear DMV

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2010, 08:33 PM
7.3 Rocket
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Dear DMV

Why is it you feel like you know better than my optometrist?

I have 160 degrees of vision in each eye. That does not mean that I can see 320 degrees around my head. My fields of vision from each eye overlap providing my entire field of vision. I know you want the form filled out with a number between 70 and 90 for each eye but my optometrist won't write that because it's not true. To quote the girl at the front desk at the Optometrist's office "160 degrees of vision in each eye is the best peripheral vision a human being can have" Isn't that good enough for you people?

I already made 3 separate trips to DMV. I live 12 miles from DMV making it a 24 mile round trip. That's 48 miles more than I should have had to drive. If you'd put up correct information on your website it would be GREAT. Maybe if you worried about correct information instead of your stupid "CT Go Green" campaign about burning less fuel you could put up correct information so I could make fewer trips and BURN LESS FUEL.

But enough of that... Why is it you think you know better than a doctor as to my vision? Exactly how many years of medical school did the inspector who rejected my paperwork go through? Zero? Thought so...

Maybe this is why you people need a sign on your wall that says "This is a non-violent workplace we take threats very seriously blablabla"

Rant over: What the hell can I do here? The optometrist won't just fill out the paperwork like they want it because it's not legally correct and they put 2 pages of fine print about losing his medical license etc if it's not all accurate yet they refuse to accept the correct numbers. I intend to go back and explain the whole overlapping fields of vision thing to the inspector but we'll see how that goes...

And I intend to get the optometrist to attach a note explaining as well. What else can I do here to get this done? I'm just trying to do the right thing in getting my Commercial Drivers Instruction Permit. I've been very pleasant with everyone I've had to deal with so far but I'm about to lose it.

Old 11-06-2010, 08:47 PM
thndrroad70
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh the joys of the CT DMV........ I went to DMV last year to register a car for my wife , well I was sent home because I had to have some power of attorney paperwork filled out and notorized by her , well the Paper states you need a witnesses , so wife wife who is an ATTORNEY filled out the paper and her partner also an ATTORNEY witnessed it for her... yet when I arrived at DMV that wasnt good enough for them as they said she needed 2 witnesses... LOL I called her from DMV and she quoted the state law to the Highly paid State Employee who responded that law didnt apply to the state Dept of Motor Vehicles... So I guess DMV has its own Government... I am sure sooner or later someone is gonna go on a shooting spree in one of those horrible places..... BTW do we have a Governor in this Godforsaken state yet???

Old 11-06-2010, 08:53 PM
7.3 Rocket
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by thndrroad70
BTW do we have a Governor in this Godforsaken state yet???
Yup. Jodi Rell.

A governor-elect? We won't have one of them for months I bet. Loser will file a lawsuit and the whole thing will be an even bigger disaster.

These people can't even run an election yet they're trying to convince us they're fit to run the state? hah...

Old 11-06-2010, 09:09 PM
Zookie400
Lead Driver
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dan Malloy is governer elect.

who is your optometrist? why dont they know how to properly fill out the dmv paperwork? dmv/dot reigns supreme in the medical world, they have their own paperwork that most med. offices will keep in stock because a large amount of their patients are there to have their dot physical or eye exam. besides all that noise, DMV is great for me. always has been. Bob Ward has been doing a great job of cleaning up some of the inefficiencies in the department.

my sister (who runs an optometrists office) says "tell your optometrist to get their **** together."

Old 11-06-2010, 09:37 PM
7.3 Rocket
Post Fiend
Wallingford eyecare center near stop & shop is who I went to simply because I had my last eye exam there and they just filled out the paperwork. Except not how DMV wanted....

And where's your sister work? I'm going there next...

And I will hand it to DMV that there wasn't much of a line anywhere in that place any of the times I was there.

After my first visit there I got a blue cut the line pass and didn't even need it after that because there was no line to cut.

Old 11-07-2010, 04:55 AM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,221 Likes on 803 Posts
If it makes you fellas from the great state of CT and R.I feel any better, I avoid your states like the plague when driving to Maine. Not that I dislike you or anyone from your states but your interstate system is a Charlie Foxtrot.

Good luck with the DMV.

Old 11-07-2010, 06:36 AM
tjc transport
i ain't rite
Received 3,105 Likes on 2,167 Posts
get a CDL from someplace else Pete, and then transfer it CT.
there are as lot of states that will give out CDL's with no testing at all if you can sign your name in the proper box.

Old 11-07-2010, 11:35 AM
7.3 Rocket
Post Fiend
That scares the crap outta me tom. I'm looking to do this the right way.

Old 11-07-2010, 12:09 PM
tjc transport
i ain't rite
scares me too. all you got to do is get within 5 miles of port newark and you will see half of those guys with CDL's issued by pep boys auto stores.

Old 11-07-2010, 06:19 PM
Ford_Six
Hotshot
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Yes, a bureaucracy functioning at it's peak efficiency. I got charged taxes on two vehicles I owned for three years after I left the state, one they double charged me for both the temp tag and the regular plate, but that's more the city of New London.
I did get to spend two hours trying to register one truck there, and also got to spend the better part of a day helping a guy who bought a bus get a temp tag to take it out of state. They wanted him to buy insurance within CT, because the counter jockey couldn't figure out that better than minimum coverage from a national company that was sold in OH would be sufficient for this.

Old 11-07-2010, 09:02 PM
7.3 Rocket
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by tjc transport
scares me too. all you got to do is get within 5 miles of port newark and you will see half of those guys with CDL's issued by pep boys auto stores.
You don't need to try to convince me to avoid Newark like the plague, Tom. I already do that.

Old 11-08-2010, 03:02 AM
55 f350
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
getting a cdl is a apin in the **** , and has only gottenworse . here they can be a complete nightmare if they think you emit purple gas from yer a-- , as they just don't get it ........... now wait till you go to get the hazmat endorsement . i had too take the test every time i have renewed as it's a requirement . all was fine until they told me i had to give them 95 dollars for the endorsement and had to do a federal background check as they wouldn't accept the one from the postal service , a government agency i thought ....... , and that was gonna cost another 100 bucks . can you geuss what endorsement i dropped and told them to keep in a not so polite way ????????????????

Old 11-08-2010, 05:38 AM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,221 Likes on 803 Posts
My heart goes out to the many men an d women in the trucking industry. You all have a tough time of things.

But, I do want the roads to be safe and i want qualified drivers handling these 80,000 lb vehicles.

I wish they could find you all a middle ground so you can get on with your business without all the red tape.

Old 11-08-2010, 03:49 PM
tjc transport
i ain't rite
ya want red tape Tim??
starting January first, new jersey is changing the weight limits for trucks. triaxle dump trucks are getting dropped from 80k to 72k, tandems are getting dropped from 70k to 62k, and single axle trucks like the F-650 are getting dropped from 38k to 28k.

i can see a whole lot of new weigh stations and portable scales being set up in the very near future, with a whole bunch of very irritated construction company owners.
and the companys have no one but themselves to blame.
when a driver comes in and says the brakes on truck suck, you don't send it out with another driver that don't complain.

you fix the brakes with quality top grade parts.
not cheap chinese recycled parts.

Old 11-08-2010, 04:24 PM
FlyByNight
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Went to get a CDL in AZ and they wanted medical records and all kinds of B.S. The funny part is a regular drivers license is good damned near until the end of time!

Quick Reply: Dear DMV