Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-2015 Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-06-2010, 01:19 PM
Postmaster

EpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud of
Titan Tank Installation - VIDEO

Here you go fellas, in HD if you have the bandwidth:

YouTube - 2011 Ford Super Duty Titan Fuel Tank Installation
2" leveling kit/Rancho 9000XL shocks & dual stabilizer/B&W Hitch/Firestone Ride Rite Airbags/Air Lift Wireless On-board compressor/Viar on-board compressor & train horn/Titan 50 gallon tank/Line-X Bedliner/Door Seal Mod
Old 11-06-2010, 02:35 PM

Tom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputation
TomB985
GREAT VIDEO!

But

Click the image to open in full size.

Currently truckless.
Most recently: 2013 F150 XLT 4x4 EcoBoost
Moderators, Guidelines, and How They are Enforced
Old 11-06-2010, 03:13 PM
Postmaster

EpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy001 View Post
GREAT VIDEO!

But
I knew it would happen some time. Next someone is going to start telling me to clean up my garage.
2" leveling kit/Rancho 9000XL shocks & dual stabilizer/B&W Hitch/Firestone Ride Rite Airbags/Air Lift Wireless On-board compressor/Viar on-board compressor & train horn/Titan 50 gallon tank/Line-X Bedliner/Door Seal Mod
Old 11-06-2010, 03:29 PM

Tom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputation
TomB985
Haha, maybe. But mine's worse!

I only said that because I've heard that it's possible to stress the pumpkin and cause minor leaks by jacking it from the center like that. Never seen it done, just have heard stories...

Currently truckless.
Old 11-06-2010, 04:00 PM
Elder User

roadkingfl is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.roadkingfl is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Epic, that was awesome.....THANK YOU.....wonder if the lwb tank will be a similar install.....should be, it's only another 16 gals.

Great job.
2013 Heartland Cyclone 3110
Old 11-06-2010, 04:33 PM
Posting Guru

srkr has a very good reputation on FTE.srkr has a very good reputation on FTE.srkr has a very good reputation on FTE.
You are truly amazing!! Thanks.

I just gotta save a grand for the Tank....LOL

Still amazing!!!

Shane

ALSO: "Limited Edition" seats. Only a few in existance. I have pictures, just ask!!
Old 11-06-2010, 04:55 PM
Senior User

Rutcutter is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Epic very cool! You wanna help me install mine? Did the ground clearance decrease any? How about a skid plate?
Rancho shocks & dual stabilizers,
HID Headlight upgrade,Adj. High Idle Mod
2008 6.4L CC (Sold)
Old 11-06-2010, 04:59 PM
Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy001 View Post
Haha, maybe. But mine's worse!

I only said that because I've heard that it's possible to stress the pumpkin and cause minor leaks by jacking it from the center like that. Never seen it done, just have heard stories...
Honestly, I've always wondered about that. Obviously Ford wouldn't have spent the time putting ink to paper if it wasn't important. Guess it's just a mentality that it won't happen to me. Maybe the rubber in the jack distributes the load a little bit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadkingfl View Post
Epic, that was awesome.....THANK YOU.....wonder if the lwb tank will be a similar install.....should be, it's only another 16 gals.
I'm sure it will be similar. This is really easy, truly only a double Diet Dew job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rutcutter View Post
Epic very cool! You wanna help me install mine?
Come on up to Utah! Bet we could do it in 70 minutes! Didn't think to measure before and after but it hangs down a good 3 - 4 inches or so. Skid plate is on it. It's just another layer of plastic really. Wraps up and around the tank about 3 inches.
Old 11-06-2010, 05:23 PM
Senior User

I've never seen Utah,looks like really cool there. Wonder if we could modify the stock metal skid to fit?
2008 6.4L CC (Sold)
Old 11-06-2010, 05:29 PM
Postmaster

It would be a major mod. You'd have to extend the vertical members that attach to the truck and probably bend them to fit around the larger tank anyway. And it's too short, it would only cover the back 2/3rds of the new tank. Ricatic and I were musing over the possibility of making our own. A nice sheet of 1/8th inch aluminum custom cut and bent to fit wouldn't be that big of a deal.
Old 11-06-2010, 05:42 PM
Senior User

Could you post a side shot pic of the truck when you get the chance to get an idea on how low it hangs down... Your gonna enjoy that new tank for sure seeing that we got rooked on the small tank in the 1st place huh?
2008 6.4L CC (Sold)
Old 11-06-2010, 06:04 PM
Postmaster

Sgt93 has a brilliant futureSgt93 has a brilliant futureSgt93 has a brilliant futureSgt93 has a brilliant futureSgt93 has a brilliant futureSgt93 has a brilliant futureSgt93 has a brilliant futureSgt93 has a brilliant futureSgt93 has a brilliant futureSgt93 has a brilliant futureSgt93 has a brilliant future
@SSgt93 sgt_93 ssgt93
Great video!
Steve - 2015 Ford F350 King Ranch CC FX4 4x4 SB SRW Loaded - RetraxPro - Andersen Rapid Hitch - Extang MaxSeal Tailgate Seal - Ziebart Z-Shield Protective Film - EZ-Down Tailgate Assist - WeatherTech FloorLiner's that SUCK- Rugged Liner Wheel Well.

2011 Ford F250 Lariat 6.7 PS CC 4x4 SB with a bunch of crap SOLD.
Old 11-06-2010, 06:35 PM
Freshman User

BostonDMD06 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Nice work!!!
Old 11-06-2010, 07:48 PM
Postmaster

rickatic has a great reputation on FTE.rickatic has a great reputation on FTE.rickatic has a great reputation on FTE.rickatic has a great reputation on FTE.
I gave you your just kudo's over at rvnet...Great job...I have not had a chance to work on the skid plate design. I am stuck in Indy for the next ten days...work just gets in the way...
Old 11-06-2010, 09:08 PM

TomB985
Once again, great job Epic. I tried to rep you but it wouldn't let me

Currently truckless.
Old 11-06-2010, 09:08 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel

Tags
2011, 50, diesel, engine, f150, f250, ford, gallon, platinum, rc, tank, tanks, titan, ultima, white