Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-2015 Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-15-2011, 01:23 PM
Posting Guru

porthole has a good reputation on FTE.porthole has a good reputation on FTE.porthole has a good reputation on FTE.
My 65 is in the garage. Hopefully when I get back from my current camp trip I will have "precisely" little fuel left in the tank to prepare for a Wednesday changeover.

Haven't looked yet, but when I did the tank on my GMC I removed the drive shaft, that made it a whole easier.
Also have not looked at eh venting yet. On the GMC the factory tank had a single 5/8" line. The replacement Titan used two 1/2" hoses (one at each end) "T'd" to the filler pipe.
Venting while filling was always an issue. I would fill to within 10 gallons of the fuel used and then run the pump on the slow speed.

Old 08-18-2011, 03:46 PM
Posting Guru

porthole has a good reputation on FTE.porthole has a good reputation on FTE.porthole has a good reputation on FTE.
Tank is in, fairly easy. Hardest part was getting a DRW high enough to work.
I didn't care for the way the front tank support (not the strap) allowed the bolt to contact the tank. So I slipped a 2x4 inch piece of plastic between the bolt head and tank.

Now the hard part - go and fill up.

Old 08-18-2011, 05:52 PM
Postmaster

EpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by porthole View Post
I didn't care for the way the front tank support (not the strap) allowed the bolt to contact the tank. So I slipped a 2x4 inch piece of plastic between the bolt head and tank.
I wondered about that as well and decided to just watch it. I took a pic of my tank-on-bolt. Looks like zero wear.

Click the image to open in full size.
2" leveling kit/Rancho 9000XL shocks & dual stabilizer/B&W Hitch/Firestone Ride Rite Airbags/Air Lift Wireless On-board compressor/Viar on-board compressor & train horn/Titan 50 gallon tank/Line-X Bedliner/Door Seal Mod
Old 08-18-2011, 09:52 PM
Posting Guru

Little bit of rust there already, guess the powder coating is a little light in the loafers.

So, I put 8-9 gallons in, ran it for awhile, went to a sunoco with the lowest price (gas buddy phone ap), added 45.5 gallons cause that's all the cash I had (CC/debit down), down the neighborhood station fi another 13. 67 gallons, not bad. Figure the extra was the last fill up, I'm guessing he thought 12+ was light, so he kept squeezing it in.
Old 08-30-2011, 09:04 AM
Posting Guru

The two tanks, side by side.

I did not have to modify the transfer case skid plate as mentioned in the instructions.

Attached Images

Old 08-30-2011, 09:56 AM
Postmaster

EpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud of
That tank is a beast! I would be funny to sit the 26 gallon tank next to it.
2" leveling kit/Rancho 9000XL shocks & dual stabilizer/B&W Hitch/Firestone Ride Rite Airbags/Air Lift Wireless On-board compressor/Viar on-board compressor & train horn/Titan 50 gallon tank/Line-X Bedliner/Door Seal Mod
Old 08-30-2011, 10:24 AM
Posting Guru

It would, the "small" one in this pic is about a third larger then yours.
Old 08-29-2012, 12:21 AM
Posting Guru

Firekite has a very good reputation on FTE.Firekite has a very good reputation on FTE.Firekite has a very good reputation on FTE.
Excellent video and tech info, thanks!

So I realize my FX4 skid is going away. The Titan skid is an additional purchase? Worth it? Is it something I can add later or need to order with the tank?

Also, did anyone ever figure out whether the dealership can change the DTE calculations to take into account the full 51 gallons? Or is it limited to stock short and long bed size tanks?
Old 08-29-2012, 03:17 PM
Senior User

rob92761 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firekite View Post
Excellent video and tech info, thanks!

Also, did anyone ever figure out whether the dealership can change the DTE calculations to take into account the full 51 gallons? Or is it limited to stock short and long bed size tanks?
yes than can change the tank size. you have to find the right dealer my dealer charged me $28.00
Old 08-29-2012, 09:50 PM
Posting Guru

Firekite has a very good reputation on FTE.Firekite has a very good reputation on FTE.Firekite has a very good reputation on FTE.
Got it, thanks

Found it in the other thread, the procedure for the dealer's techs:

1) Ensure IDS is at least version 72.xx - current version is 72.04 (in May 2011)
2) Click on the toolbox icon at top left of main screen
3) Select 'Module Programming' - click checkmark icon
4) Select 'Programmable Parameters'
5) Select 'Fuel" - click checkmark icon
6) Select 'Front Fuel Tank - (IC) = xx' on bottom of parameter list
7) Select 50 (or whatever size you need) on right side of screen and click checkmark icon. Follow the remaining on-screen instructions.
Old 01-07-2013, 08:44 PM
Freshman User

ftodaro is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firekite View Post
Got it, thanks

Found it in the other thread, the procedure for the dealer's techs:

1) Ensure IDS is at least version 72.xx - current version is 72.04 (in May 2011)
2) Click on the toolbox icon at top left of main screen
3) Select 'Module Programming' - click checkmark icon
4) Select 'Programmable Parameters'
5) Select 'Fuel" - click checkmark icon
6) Select 'Front Fuel Tank - (IC) = xx' on bottom of parameter list
7) Select 50 (or whatever size you need) on right side of screen and click checkmark icon. Follow the remaining on-screen instructions.
Ok I am a new guy as you can see my first post. I have a 2012 F350 and desperately need to get a bigger tank installed. Before I started reading the forums I just went to my Ford Dealer and asked about installing an aftermarket tank. they looked at me like i was from Mars.

My concern is getting my computer programed. I assume that the list above is all i would need to educate my dealer. I was wondering how well the re program works, so the MTE is pretty accurate and does it impact the computers calculations of your MPG/

Thanks

Frank.
Old 01-16-2013, 04:57 PM
Posting Guru

I finally got the 50 gallon Titan tank installed in mid December, and now I finally got my butt over to the Ford dealership this morning to reflash my computer. I emailed my service adviser those steps. I'm pretty sure they would've been lost without it, but I know that with those steps in front of them they were able to get it done.
Old 01-17-2013, 05:13 AM
Freshman User

rgreentmcs is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ftodaro View Post
Ok I am a new guy as you can see my first post. I have a 2012 F350 and desperately need to get a bigger tank installed. Before I started reading the forums I just went to my Ford Dealer and asked about installing an aftermarket tank. they looked at me like i was from Mars.

My concern is getting my computer programed. I assume that the list above is all i would need to educate my dealer. I was wondering how well the re program works, so the MTE is pretty accurate and does it impact the computers calculations of your MPG/

Thanks

Frank.
Once the dealer reflashed my system it seems to be pretty accurate as far as the MTE and the MPG works just as before. IMO most dealers don't see many fuel tank changes but if you go to Titans and/or Transfer Flows websites they list installers in your area.
Old 01-17-2013, 05:13 AM