Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-2015 Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-05-2011, 10:39 PM
Postmaster

EpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexustbs View Post
Ya, its a nice thump when the tank is around 3/4 full. I just wonder what the fuel does to the sender in the tank? Does yours do this Epic? I would of paid a few hundred extra for the baffles. But with the straps that come with the tank, I dont think its going to come loose. Just place that order Marauder!
I have to be honest, I've never heard or felt the sloshing. I rolled up my windows last November and only rolled them down again in the last couple of days when driving around. It's been a long, cold spring. I'll try to pay attention and see if I can pick it up. I'm thinking those big, heavy straps though are WAY over engineered for just this reason. I seriously doubt that there's any real concern for stress fractures over the life of the truck. But I'm not an airplane guy so I don't check every inch of the truck every year with an electron microscope either...
2" leveling kit/Rancho 9000XL shocks & dual stabilizer/B&W Hitch/Firestone Ride Rite Airbags/Air Lift Wireless On-board compressor/Viar on-board compressor & train horn/Titan 50 gallon tank/Line-X Bedliner/Door Seal Mod
Old 05-05-2011, 11:54 PM
Posting Guru

Marauder92V has a good reputation on FTE.Marauder92V has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicCowlick View Post
I have to be honest, I've never heard or felt the sloshing. I rolled up my windows last November and only rolled them down again in the last couple of days when driving around. It's been a long, cold spring. I'll try to pay attention and see if I can pick it up. I'm thinking those big, heavy straps though are WAY over engineered for just this reason. I seriously doubt that there's any real concern for stress fractures over the life of the truck. But I'm not an airplane guy so I don't check every inch of the truck every year with an electron microscope either...
LOL! I have only experienced one major engine problem in flight (knock on my wooden head). But I wished I had gone over the plane with a x-ray, MRI along with my electron microscope before that flight (it was metal fatigue).

Like I said, definitely want to move on getting one. Just waiting a bit to see how you guys fair... It's a big investment.
Old 05-06-2011, 09:12 AM
Elder User

roadkingfl has a good reputation on FTE.roadkingfl has a good reputation on FTE.roadkingfl has a good reputation on FTE.
I have the 65 gal. Titan tank....It has three straps....I haven't heard any sloshing and at fill up, there was NO back pressure or foaming....Will keep my eyes and ears open though to see if I detect anything abnormal.
2013 Heartland Cyclone 3110 (GARBAGE)
Old 05-06-2011, 09:53 AM
Jäger

Kep4 has a spectacular reputation.Kep4 has a spectacular reputation.Kep4 has a spectacular reputation.Kep4 has a spectacular reputation.Kep4 has a spectacular reputation.Kep4 has a spectacular reputation.Kep4 has a spectacular reputation.Kep4 has a spectacular reputation.Kep4 has a spectacular reputation.Kep4 has a spectacular reputation.Kep4 has a spectacular reputation.
I had a 46 gallon TransferFlow tank on my '05 truck. It was steel, and Line-X coated, and I never heard any fuel sloshing around. Of course, I couldn't hear much over the 6.0 anyway.

I like the 65 gallon Titan, but am waiting to see what TransferFlow comes out with for the long beds so I can compare prices. 37 gallons does not cut it when towing!
'05 F250 Lariat CCSB 4X4 6.0 - Sold

Rest In Peace, Steve P. You are missed.
Old 05-06-2011, 10:03 AM
Elder User

lexustbs is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.lexustbs is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
It does it read bad with about 3/4 of a tank left. Make a quick stop after moving and you can feel the fuel hit the front of the tank. Its like a driveshaft clunk.
Old 05-06-2011, 10:44 AM
Posting Guru

Marauder92V has a good reputation on FTE.Marauder92V has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kep4 View Post
I had a 46 gallon TransferFlow tank on my '05 truck. It was steel, and Line-X coated, and I never heard any fuel sloshing around. Of course, I couldn't hear much over the 6.0 anyway.

I like the 65 gallon Titan, but am waiting to see what TransferFlow comes out with for the long beds so I can compare prices. 37 gallons does not cut it when towing!
Hey Kep! Thanks for the link! I went to their website. They have the tanks for the 2011 and they are baffled! And get this, $804... How did your 2005 tank hold up? Any problems with it?

I'll be checking them out: Ford pickup replacement tanks
Old 05-06-2011, 01:24 PM
Elder User

lexustbs is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.lexustbs is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
They are steel though. It's been awhile since I've saw a steel tank on a vehicle. Not saying it won't work..... But I'd reather have sloshing than a steel tank.
Old 05-06-2011, 02:39 PM
Jäger

Kep4 has a spectacular reputation.Kep4 has a spectacular reputation.Kep4 has a spectacular reputation.Kep4 has a spectacular reputation.Kep4 has a spectacular reputation.Kep4 has a spectacular reputation.Kep4 has a spectacular reputation.Kep4 has a spectacular reputation.Kep4 has a spectacular reputation.Kep4 has a spectacular reputation.Kep4 has a spectacular reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauder92V View Post
Hey Kep! Thanks for the link! I went to their website. They have the tanks for the 2011 and they are baffled! And get this, $804... How did your 2005 tank hold up? Any problems with it?

I'll be checking them out: Ford pickup replacement tanks
The TransferFlow tank worked just fine and the install was reasonably easy to do by myself. I had it Line-X coated because I took my '05 off road alot. The '11 is too big for that, but I'd probably Line-X again if I go with T-Flow. I never had, nor do I foresee, any problems with a steel fuel tank.

T-Flow tanks are usually less than Titan tanks and that's whay I'm waiting to see what the size and cost comparison will be.
'05 F250 Lariat CCSB 4X4 6.0 - Sold

Rest In Peace, Steve P. You are missed.
Old 05-13-2011, 09:22 AM
Senior User

gascan is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexustbs View Post
I did some serious miles today, and after taking the gas cap off, there was just a slight vacuum. But nothing like it was before. I think my problem is fixed! marauder, I did notice the instructions have changed on the Titan website. It says something about generation V? I hope there are not baffles. I'll be kinda upset. But I guess thats what you get for early adoption.

Lexustbs, how did you fix your vacuum problem? Was it a larger valve? I noticed the problem today on my truck with the 50 gallon tank. If you used a larger valve can you send me a link to the one you purchased?

Thanks,
gascan

Austin, Texas
Old 05-15-2011, 01:44 PM
Junior User

slamed150 is starting off with a positive reputation.
awesome vid
Old 06-14-2011, 02:41 PM
Senior User

buckmasters is starting off with a positive reputation.
For those of you that have asked, I just got an email from a manager at Titan regarding baffles in the tank. Here is what he said:

"Our tank for the 2011 Ford does have a baffle in it. All of the “super series” do. It is a “low fuel sump” designed to allow the trucks to be run when there is not much fuel in the tank. It is not a full baffle, it is about three inches high from the bottom."

I also mentioned that some on here had complained about sloshing in the tank. He said they have not heard much about sloshing in their tanks, but would pass it along to his general manager.

Thinking about ordering this tank today and hope the install goes as smoothly as in Epic's video.

2011 F250, 6.7L PSD, FX4, crew cab, tuxedo black metallic, Lariat Ultimate package, 18" wheels, 3.31 ELD, Line-X bedliner

2010 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 297 BHS, 30', 7,500 lb GVWR
Old 06-14-2011, 04:06 PM
Posting Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckmasters View Post
For those of you that have asked, I just got an email from a manager at Titan regarding baffles in the tank. Here is what he said:

"Our tank for the 2011 Ford does have a baffle in it. All of the “super series” do. It is a “low fuel sump” designed to allow the trucks to be run when there is not much fuel in the tank. It is not a full baffle, it is about three inches high from the bottom."

I also mentioned that some on here had complained about sloshing in the tank. He said they have not heard much about sloshing in their tanks, but would pass it along to his general manager.

Thinking about ordering this tank today and hope the install goes as smoothly as in Epic's video.
If you do order one, can you post pictures of what you find inside? I'm curious what these baffles look like.
Old 06-14-2011, 06:24 PM
Elder User

roadkingfl has a good reputation on FTE.roadkingfl has a good reputation on FTE.roadkingfl has a good reputation on FTE.
Again, I've had the tank in for around 1,500 miles now...It is very quite.
2013 Heartland Cyclone 3110 (GARBAGE)
Old 06-14-2011, 07:34 PM
Postmaster

EpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadkingfl View Post
Again, I've had the tank in for around 1,500 miles now...It is very quite.
Same here with over 10,000 on the tank. I've never heard a peep or a slosh.
2" leveling kit/Rancho 9000XL shocks & dual stabilizer/B&W Hitch/Firestone Ride Rite Airbags/Air Lift Wireless On-board compressor/Viar on-board compressor & train horn/Titan 50 gallon tank/Line-X Bedliner/Door Seal Mod
Old 06-14-2011, 08:49 PM
Elder User

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicCowlick View Post
Same here with over 10,000 on the tank. I've never heard a peep or a slosh.
Epic, mine does it under very specific times. Like the stars have to line up for it to happen to me. But its not a big deal at all.

On another note with the tank. We had an emergency at a jobsite last week and I made the 450 mile round trip without stopping for fuel. I know most of you use the tank for towing, but I use it for peace of mind just incase something does happen. Example being, when we had the severe weather last month I thought how great it was to have 50 gallons in the tank knowing if the fuel stations were down I could make it awhile.
Old 06-14-2011, 08:49 PM