Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-2015 Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-03-2011, 07:40 PM
Elder User

lexustbs is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.lexustbs is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicCowlick View Post
I just checked the side of my tank, no deformation. If you had a vacuum in the tank, that would explain it. I'd be a little cautious about pumping a bunch of air into the tank though. Not sure if the tank seals or other fuel lines would like that. I'd say just give it a warm day with a full tank and it should straighten out.

I don't know what to think about the downhill hose theory either. I know I didn't do anything special when I installed mine. I'd suspect that little plastic vent at the end of the line first. Mine is easy to get to as it follows the route up onto the spout assembly. It would be a quick test to pull that out and blow in it a bit.
Ya, is there a one way valve on that line though? I remember reading that somewhere? I'll try that in the morning. I guess i dont understand how those hoses work? the stock one goes into the filler neck which is sealed off, right? Then this new hose, t's off the stock vent and just naturally vents from the outside air?
Old 05-03-2011, 07:59 PM
Elder User

lexustbs is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.lexustbs is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
For those of you with titan fuel tanks - TheDieselGarage.com

Found this interesting as well.... I went outside a blew into the tank, and I could blow air through, and also feel the check valve doing its job. Actually I blew all the air I could into it, then took off the filler neck cap and the air rushed out. So I guess that means I have no leaks in the system, plus the check valve is working. Also, just me blowing air into the tank made it expand out to just about the orig. size. (I'm full of hot air ) I'll watch this and see what happens. Thanks for the help Epic.
Old 05-03-2011, 08:17 PM
Posting Guru

Marauder92V has a good reputation on FTE.Marauder92V has a good reputation on FTE.
There hasn't been an update since March on the DieselStop thread. Was there anything after he went searching for the half inch valve?
Old 05-03-2011, 08:24 PM
Elder User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauder92V View Post
There hasn't been an update since March on the DieselStop thread. Was there anything after he went searching for the half inch valve?
I just found it. I found the .3 psi check valve interesting. The Titan guy said he wishes there was no check valve. i agree.
Old 05-03-2011, 08:52 PM
Posting Guru

Marauder92V has a good reputation on FTE.Marauder92V has a good reputation on FTE.
It sounds from the Titan guy Mitch they wanted no vacuum in the tank and yet chose a very small check valve. From the problem you are describing, the check valve may be working fine when you blow in it (0.3 psi ain't a lot for you to overpower) but at that .3 psi they are targeting, I would think it would be very small and easy for that valve to get stuck closed. I believe that is why that guy went looking for a bigger valve.

Keep us posted! This is the next mod I want to do.
Old 05-03-2011, 09:09 PM
Elder User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauder92V View Post
It sounds from the Titan guy Mitch they wanted no vacuum in the tank and yet chose a very small check valve. From the problem you are describing, the check valve may be working fine when you blow in it (0.3 psi ain't a lot for you to overpower) but at that .3 psi they are targeting, I would think it would be very small and easy for that valve to get stuck closed. I believe that is why that guy went looking for a bigger valve.

Keep us posted! This is the next mod I want to do.
Are you having problems? Or is the whole tank the next mod? I might add that with this tank and it being about 3/4 full, when I come to a stop the fuel will come rushing forward and smash into the front of the tank. If you have the winddow down you can hear it, but you can for sure feel it in the truck. Its like the slop you feel when towing a trailer. No a huge deal, but this tank needs a baffle.
Old 05-03-2011, 09:29 PM
Posting Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexustbs View Post
Are you having problems? Or is the whole tank the next mod? I might add that with this tank and it being about 3/4 full, when I come to a stop the fuel will come rushing forward and smash into the front of the tank. If you have the winddow down you can hear it, but you can for sure feel it in the truck. Its like the slop you feel when towing a trailer. No a huge deal, but this tank needs a baffle.
The tank is/was next on my mod list (after the Recon running board lights). Stopping for fuel is getting pretty old. My reservations on the Titan setup fall into two areas. The first is the loss of the factory skid plate and the notching of the front plate. Based on the pictures I saw of these tanks, they sit an inch or two lower than the stock tank. Just not happy with their plastic solution.

The other area is the baffling. The usage of baffles is a structural consideration with a fuel tank. They are there for more than minimizing the sloshing sound. That sloshing is a lot of weight shifting back and forth. The baffles minimize this stress. The fact that it doesn't have them, concerns me a bit. It is not something you may see show up as a problem in a few weeks. But eventually that sloshing will put enough strain on the mounts and the tank that they might fail.
Old 05-04-2011, 06:01 PM
Senior User

gascan is starting off with a positive reputation.
Just received my 52 gallon Titan tank and skid plate. I plan on installing this weekend. I hope this goes as smooth as everyone else.....

-gascan

Austin, Texas
Old 05-04-2011, 06:04 PM
Posting Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by gascan View Post
Just received my 52 gallon Titan tank and skid plate. I plan on installing this weekend. I hope this goes as smooth as everyone else.....

-gascan
Take a look inside and see if they installed baffles yet...
Old 05-04-2011, 06:05 PM
Postmaster

EpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by gascan View Post

-gascan
Piece of cake. You'll love it.
2" leveling kit/Rancho 9000XL shocks & dual stabilizer/B&W Hitch/Firestone Ride Rite Airbags/Air Lift Wireless On-board compressor/Viar on-board compressor & train horn/Titan 50 gallon tank/Line-X Bedliner/Door Seal Mod
Old 05-04-2011, 06:10 PM
Elder User

I did some serious miles today, and after taking the gas cap off, there was just a slight vacuum. But nothing like it was before. I think my problem is fixed! marauder, I did notice the instructions have changed on the Titan website. It says something about generation V? I hope there are not baffles. I'll be kinda upset. But I guess thats what you get for early adoption.
Old 05-05-2011, 07:19 PM
Posting Guru

Quote:
I did some serious miles today, and after taking the gas cap off, there was just a slight vacuum. But nothing like it was before. I think my problem is fixed! marauder, I did notice the instructions have changed on the Titan website. It says something about generation V? I hope there are not baffles. I'll be kinda upset. But I guess thats what you get for early adoption.
If your problem comes back you may want to consider switching out that small check valve to something a bit larger.

I'm going to call them tomorrow to find out what changes they made. I really would like to see baffles in the tank. Say with 40 gallons in the tank, you are dealing with around 280 pounds of weight sloshing around.
Old 05-05-2011, 08:35 PM
Elder User

Ya, its a nice thump when the tank is around 3/4 full. I just wonder what the fuel does to the sender in the tank? Does yours do this Epic? I would of paid a few hundred extra for the baffles. But with the straps that come with the tank, I dont think its going to come loose. Just place that order Marauder!
Old 05-05-2011, 08:52 PM
Posting Guru

Quote:
Ya, its a nice thump when the tank is around 3/4 full. I just wonder what the fuel does to the sender in the tank? Does yours do this Epic? I would of paid a few hundred extra for the baffles. But with the straps that come with the tank, I dont think its going to come loose. Just place that order Marauder!
I guess my hesitation comes from flying airplanes for the past 25 years. I just don't want to be anyone's Guinea Pig! The baffles helps protect the seams from extreme pressures. Even my 40 year old airplane has baffles in the tanks! I'm sure they did testing, but if they are on Generation V -- what changes have they made from Generation I?

They claim they are using military grade plastics. That may be so, but I betcha the military tanks have baffles and also a nice armor plate protecting them. I hate to say this, but I have been waiting a bit to see how they are holding up with you guys.

I'm sure they will be fine but it is a lot of money...
Old 05-05-2011, 09:03 PM
Posting Guru

dschuffert is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.dschuffert is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Great video, thanks!
Autoenginuity Proline with Enhanced Ford Expansion.

2011 Explorer Limited - Wife's Vehicle
2005 F250 6.0 PSD 4X4 3.73 CC SB Lariat - Sold
Old 05-05-2011, 09:03 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel

Tags
2011, 50, diesel, engine, f150, f250, ford, gallon, platinum, rc, tank, tanks, titan, ultima, white