Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-2015 Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-06-2010, 10:14 PM
Senior User

Big-Sarge is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Epic awesome video..I loved the intro/drive to get the tank! Thank you!
Old 11-06-2010, 10:34 PM
Posting Guru

Troy Buenger is a splendid one to beholdTroy Buenger is a splendid one to beholdTroy Buenger is a splendid one to beholdTroy Buenger is a splendid one to beholdTroy Buenger is a splendid one to beholdTroy Buenger is a splendid one to beholdTroy Buenger is a splendid one to behold
Enjoyed the video... Funny scene at the gas station.

2012 F250 Lariat CC FX4 3.55EL 6.7 PSD (Pulling Beast and all Stock)

2011 Edge Limited (Wifes)
Old 11-06-2010, 11:17 PM
Postmaster

EpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rutcutter View Post
Could you post a side shot pic of the truck when you get the chance to get an idea on how low it hangs down... Your gonna enjoy that new tank for sure seeing that we got rooked on the small tank in the 1st place huh?
Hey Cutter - FlyingSushi over at TDS posted some pics of a tank install he did this morning. There's a great profile shot of how far down the tank hangs.

Titan Tank Installation - VIDEO - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
2" leveling kit/Rancho 9000XL shocks & dual stabilizer/B&W Hitch/Firestone Ride Rite Airbags/Air Lift Wireless On-board compressor/Viar on-board compressor & train horn/Titan 50 gallon tank/Line-X Bedliner/Door Seal Mod
Old 11-06-2010, 11:20 PM
Postmaster

EpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickatic View Post
I gave you your just kudo's over at rvnet...Great job...I have not had a chance to work on the skid plate design. I am stuck in Indy for the next ten days...work just gets in the way...
Thanks Rick. I rarely get over there but I figured this would be something the towing crowd would be interested in. Sorry I didn't help you out with the Dodge guys. I did just read a couple of threads and can say you did a great job providing accurate information. Ford owes you.
2" leveling kit/Rancho 9000XL shocks & dual stabilizer/B&W Hitch/Firestone Ride Rite Airbags/Air Lift Wireless On-board compressor/Viar on-board compressor & train horn/Titan 50 gallon tank/Line-X Bedliner/Door Seal Mod
Old 11-07-2010, 08:01 AM
Postmaster

rickatic has a great reputation on FTE.rickatic has a great reputation on FTE.rickatic has a great reputation on FTE.rickatic has a great reputation on FTE.
Y eh, I am up to 12 guys who bought 2011 Ford diesels after personal conversations with me.
Old 11-07-2010, 10:47 AM
Senior User

Great Danes is starting off with a positive reputation.
Nice Video Epic!! Now I have to convince my banker (wife ) that this is a worthwhile expense for next year's towing season...

2011 F350 Lariat CC 6.7L PSD - Limited Edition Seats
2010 Fuzion 302 Touring Edition II
Old 11-07-2010, 10:50 AM
Elder User

cummins cowboy is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
man that was a well done video, I bet you spent more time dinking with the video and camera than putting the thank in. I actually think titan should give you a free tank in exchange for the video.

Most Wanted Disaster Services

Old 11-07-2010, 12:37 PM
Postmaster

It pretty much doubled the on-truck install time. Had to charge the camera battery in the middle. Even so, I would have loved watching the close-up of the electrical and fuel disconnects before I did the install. I had to push a mirror up there to see how the things work. Also I chose to upgrade to Adobe editing software which created a delay due to the learning curve. It's a whole lot better than Movie Maker so I'm glad I took the time. You know, I do have a life outside the truck. The video editing is useful for family stuff as well.
Old 11-07-2010, 02:28 PM
Postmaster

Sgt93 has a brilliant futureSgt93 has a brilliant futureSgt93 has a brilliant futureSgt93 has a brilliant futureSgt93 has a brilliant futureSgt93 has a brilliant futureSgt93 has a brilliant futureSgt93 has a brilliant futureSgt93 has a brilliant futureSgt93 has a brilliant futureSgt93 has a brilliant future
@SSgt93 sgt_93 ssgt93
I sure wish there was an update for the computer to read the Titans like the stock tanks. Is anyone working on this?
Steve - 2015 Ford F350 King Ranch CC FX4 4x4 SB SRW Loaded - RetraxPro - Andersen Rapid Hitch - Extang MaxSeal Tailgate Seal - Ziebart Z-Shield Protective Film - EZ-Down Tailgate Assist - WeatherTech FloorLiner's that SUCK- Rugged Liner Wheel Well.

2011 Ford F250 Lariat 6.7 PS CC 4x4 SB with a bunch of crap SOLD.
Old 11-07-2010, 02:31 PM
Postmaster

Paul Bruckner was going to look into this for us. Wondering if PowerStrokeHD has any connections he can check as well?
Old 11-07-2010, 06:13 PM

Maxium4x4 has a superb reputationMaxium4x4 has a superb reputationMaxium4x4 has a superb reputationMaxium4x4 has a superb reputationMaxium4x4 has a superb reputationMaxium4x4 has a superb reputationMaxium4x4 has a superb reputationMaxium4x4 has a superb reputationMaxium4x4 has a superb reputationMaxium4x4 has a superb reputationMaxium4x4 has a superb reputation
Great video and information as always. One item, instead of slicing your hand open when cutting a hose, purchase a Craftsman Accu-Cut from Sears.

Click the image to open in full size.

2003 F-350 Reg Cab 6.0L
Old 11-07-2010, 08:03 PM
Postmaster

Nice, thanks. I can see you flinching when you watched me cut the hose with the blade. Next hose cut will be with one of those.
Old 11-08-2010, 09:03 AM
Senior User

11350KINGRANCH is starting off with a positive reputation.
Nice video Epic!!!! I want a new tank sooo bad. Just have to part with the $$$$.
Old 11-08-2010, 10:58 AM
Posting Guru

Marauder92V has a good reputation on FTE.Marauder92V has a good reputation on FTE.
More for the money...

I am in that group of wantahaves' but anticipate it will be a hard sale with the better half after I write a check for the truck.

Based on everything I have read and seen (thanks Epic), it is a mod I would like to do but wonder if the product will be refined a bit over time. For the cost of the mod, it sounds like they could have done more. Maybe they are limited by the lack of Ford's assistance (ex. reprogramming the fuel monitor) or purely maximizing their bottom line (politically correct statement) -- something that even Ford or anyone that manufactures something does...

It sounds to me, and please correct me if I am wrong, that the mod needs some tweaking for some of us tightwads to see the value. In particular, the foaming issue, the lack of internal baffles, the setup with the skid plates and the already mentioned fuel monitor.

Don't get me wrong, I think this should be a factory available option and if this is the only solution available, most likely the one I opt for...
Old 11-08-2010, 12:16 PM
Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauder92V View Post
I am in that group of wantahaves' but anticipate it will be a hard sale with the better half after I write a check for the truck.

Based on everything I have read and seen (thanks Epic), it is a mod I would like to do but wonder if the product will be refined a bit over time. For the cost of the mod, it sounds like they could have done more. Maybe they are limited by the lack of Ford's assistance (ex. reprogramming the fuel monitor) or purely maximizing their bottom line (politically correct statement) -- something that even Ford or anyone that manufactures something does...

It sounds to me, and please correct me if I am wrong, that the mod needs some tweaking for some of us tightwads to see the value. In particular, the foaming issue, the lack of internal baffles, the setup with the skid plates and the already mentioned fuel monitor.

Don't get me wrong, I think this should be a factory available option and if this is the only solution available, most likely the one I opt for...
I think you hit the nail right on the head. All of these issues will be addressed or negated in one way or another as time goes by. I can tell you though what a huge relief it will be to be able to pick my fueling points from now on. That was a major value point for me. Last trip I was sweating bullets as I pulled off the freeway thinking I was running on fumes and paid 40 cents per gallon more for crappy fuel after waiting 10 minutes for the one and only pump. Only to find out there was much better/cheaper fuel just a few more miles down the road. It's about what one values the most. Personally, I don't relish standing at a fuel pump and it's pretty satisfying now knowing I've cut that particular chore in half. Is that worth a thousand bucks? Insert your answer HERE __________________
Old 11-08-2010, 12:16 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel

Tags
2011, 50, diesel, engine, f150, f250, ford, gallon, platinum, rc, tank, tanks, titan, ultima, white