powerdog
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile New best 1/4mi E/T

Just got back from the track.

60'= 2.102
1/8th 8.607 sec @ 80.45mph
1/4mi 13.56 sec @ 97.38 MPH

I was running real close to 26PSI of boost, and had a little to much timing in it. If I had not let up I should have went over 100MPH. The craziest run I had was when I popped boot off after I wet into 4th gear, I ran a mid 14 sec run @ 70 some mph.

There were 4 mustangs there all 88-93 5.0L's the best one put down a 13.8 @ 101mph. They had a hard time getting used to a 4 banger beating up on them. Then there was a guy in a Monte Carlo with a 305 running 16's not long before I left he walked over to the truck I had the hood up and he says WOW! that’s a 4 cyl, then he yells to some other guys standing close buy " this ranger is only running a 4cyl " it flat out blew his mined, he said he thought it was a v8. I could not believe he could not tell the dif from hearing it run.

It was a great time. Wish I could get the 12's but I guess that 1/2 sec will have to wait.

Old 06-03-2006, 08:40 PM
jamnjm
Junior User
Congrats on the great runs! I'm an old ACVW and it is great to hear 4 cylinders putting it on V8's!

Old 06-04-2006, 03:23 PM
BroncoRoadKill
Posting Guru
Good job of tunning bro, maybe 12s very soon, let us know.
I would a told that guy to get an engine worth while and use his 305 as a boat anchore, they do make better boat anchors than they di engines.

Yes, I have used one both ways.
It works good when you don't have a dock to anchor to. It permanent by the way.

Old 11-11-2010, 07:00 AM
barnfind 51
Senior User
flat head swap

You boys are blowing my mind !! 4 banger turning those ETs now that is what I am talking about.My questions is I have this little old 51 ford pickup with a flat head motor,been thinking of up grading. i know the flat head is a very simple motor to work on for simple people like me,the question again with the computer and turbo in the 2.3 to make it happen any suggustions where to get info to see if I could wrap my brain around the transplant. i look at my 2003 truck with 250000 miles and think you cant beat a Ford,the only thing the computer Wow maybe you get my drift,i like the Idea not to many 51 with 4 banger that has that much go go.Give me your thoughts if you got a min.
Thanks George

Old 11-30-2010, 12:58 PM
mustangman
Senior User
cool what i like to hear great job!!!!!!!!!, ihave also a 90 2.3 with a turbo but i havn't got around to it,, bought it from a son whos dad passed away last year, its got a tbird motor i think , but the turbo has rotton cracked vaccum hoses, i don't know really anything on turbos,, iwill get around to it , will need to get a friend have a look at it, it idles so smooth but it has no power as the turbo is not working,,,plus the bad its a a4ld trans, but its a super clean rust free convertible from florida, so thats the good,,, so many projects so little time keep uis posted on your stang love to hear 2.3 power stories,, i just love the 2.3,,, its fords best