Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-Atlantic Region > New York Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

New York Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: tiny1

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-02-2010, 09:35 PM
New User

vandemonium is starting off with a positive reputation.
First measurable snow in New York

Just thinking it would be interesting for members to post the first measurable snow for the 2010-2011 season in New York state (or elsewhere), the amount, and location.

What do ya say, NY?

Old 11-02-2010, 09:45 PM
Old School

arctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputation
We got it all around us and in the passes. But not at sea level yet.

85 XLT Bronco 351W HO 4V Dual Pipes 33X12.5 BFG's
62 Uni 390 C6 Custom Cab Sold for 9.5K
Don't just Modify it Fordify it
A Side Arm Is Like A Parachute, Tis Better To Have One An Never Need It, Than To Need One And Not Have It

Old 11-02-2010, 11:13 PM
NY CHAPTER LDR

tiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by vandemonium View Post
Just thinking it would be interesting for members to post the first measurable snow for the 2010-2011 season in New York state (or elsewhere), the amount, and location.

What do ya say, NY?

Sounds like a great idea. It sounds like I may get a sugar coating on Saturday morning....... time will tell.

I just looked to see where East Koy is located. I see that you are in Wyoming County and that is right in the Lake Erie Snow Machine area so I would say that you will get the snow before me.
Official #2 Slackmaster & Pyroslacker Extraordinaire

To Join The NEW YORK CHAPTER CLICK HERE

R.I.P. Steve, SteveBricks, you were a friend and will be greatly missed.
Old 11-03-2010, 10:37 AM
Post Fiend

GLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputation
I was over in Watkins Glen Mon and saw a few cars with snow on them.
[/SIGPIC]George 54 F100, 78 F150, 79 F150, 86 F250, 87 F250 Member #5 Boy you ain't Right Club Official Slackmaster #15
Old 11-04-2010, 02:11 PM
Senior User

Bill_T has a good reputation on FTE.Bill_T has a good reputation on FTE.
I am in Rochester... I heard this Friday 5th... 1/2 inch. I guess that's "measurable" but hardly worth mentioning ;-)
Prodigy Controller
Limo Tint/silver stars
Goodyear Silent Armor - Pro Grade (E)
Old 11-17-2010, 10:51 AM
NY CHAPTER LDR

tiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputation
Well no snow at this point but one of these days we should be getting some.

Old 11-19-2010, 07:35 AM
NY CHAPTER LDR

and speaking of snow.... we had a dusting on the grass this morning east of Rochester.

Old 11-19-2010, 07:39 AM
Post Fiend

GLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputation
Anything under an inch is just "heavy frost".
[/SIGPIC]George 54 F100, 78 F150, 79 F150, 86 F250, 87 F250 Member #5 Boy you ain't Right Club Official Slackmaster #15
Old 11-20-2010, 10:39 PM
NY CHAPTER LDR

Okay George, but this frost required some of the town and state DOT to do a salt run

Old 11-21-2010, 06:49 AM
Post Fiend

That's one of the things I don't like about NC. If the weather people predict even a hint of snow or ice, the road crews are out spreading a brine mixture. Might be 40* out but, they're spreading.
Old 11-22-2010, 11:30 AM
NY CHAPTER LDR

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLR View Post
That's one of the things I don't like about NC. If the weather people predict even a hint of snow or ice, the road crews are out spreading a brine mixture. Might be 40* out but, they're spreading.
I assume that is because they do not have the snow removal equipment that we have up here. They would rather melt it than to push it.

Old 11-22-2010, 12:16 PM
Posting Legend

fire240 has a superb reputationfire240 has a superb reputationfire240 has a superb reputationfire240 has a superb reputationfire240 has a superb reputationfire240 has a superb reputationfire240 has a superb reputationfire240 has a superb reputationfire240 has a superb reputationfire240 has a superb reputationfire240 has a superb reputation
md starts to spread a brine solution and salt when they start saying that it is going to snow.
2009 F-150 Super Cab XL 4X4 4.6L 2Valve V8 My build thread.Added: N-Fab light bar, Rigid Industries LED lights,Rough Country hidden winch mount with Rough Country 9500lb winch. 2" leveling kit from Hell Bent Steel.Up next: wheels and tires.
Big Bser number XO Slackmaster#5
RIP Stevebricks. You will be missed.
Old 11-28-2010, 12:02 PM
NY CHAPTER LDR

Well it appears that the Newark/Palmyra area recieved its first inch of snow on Saturday November 27th.

How is the southwest part of the state doing with the lake effect snow that came off from Lake Erie?

Old 12-05-2010, 08:41 AM
Post Fiend

Buffalo area must have won.
Old 12-08-2010, 11:10 AM
New User

fordredfire is starting off with a positive reputation.
4" on the ground as of 12/8/2010 in Grafton, NY...Petersburgh Mtns.
Old 12-08-2010, 11:10 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-Atlantic Region > New York Chapter

Tags
2010, city, earliest, island, long, measurable, nyc, snow, snowfall, york