Arkansas Chapter Join Chapter Leader: Kramercd

Happy Thanksgiving Arkansas!

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2010, 07:01 AM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts
Happy Thanksgiving Arkansas!

Hope everyone has a great day! Eat too much, visit with friends and family, and be thankful for what we have.
For those who travel to be with others on this day, looks to be a wet one, so be extra careful out there.

Old 11-25-2010, 10:24 AM
tojoski
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Our travel plans consist of about a 500ft walk.. unless its raining, then a 500ft drive

I always eat too much this time of year, surprise surprise

Happy Thanksgiving Everybody!

Old 11-25-2010, 02:15 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts
OMG!!!! Stick a fork in me, I'm DONE! Too much of a good thing with not enuff people to eat it all. Hope everyone else is having a great time and eating as well as we did. Now for a quiet corner and a nap..... Uh.... did someone just say dessert?.......... "Groan".....apple pie and a mound of cool whip...... now I am FINISHED.

Old 11-29-2010, 09:58 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Happy Thanksgiving everyone...hope everyone had a great time with family and stayed dry & warm. It was snowing on between Branson & Cotter (actually Bergman & Pyatt if you know where those places are) while bringing an empty coal train to Carthage. Only got to be about an 1/2 inch...but it was snow none-the-less.
Originally Posted by mechmagcn
OMG!!!! Stick a fork in me, I'm DONE! (snip) Now for a quiet corner and a nap..... Uh.... did someone just say dessert?.......... "Groan".....apple pie and a mound of cool whip...... now I am FINISHED.
Poor guy...though I am a sucker when it comes to warm apple pie. You can keep the whip cream, I'll take a scoop of vanilla ice cream Every so often my wife makes this cake like thing were she pours the pie filling into the bottom of a 9'x13", then pours one of those Betty Crocker cake mixes over the top (no mixing/blending) then bakes it. Oh man, I can't be trusted in the house by myself if there's a pan of it around. I guess the first part of recovery is admitting to the problem..."Hello, my name is Zack and I'm addicted to my wife's cooking......"

Old 12-01-2010, 02:29 PM
Old_Crow
Laughing Gas
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zack, we used to call that "Dump Cake"(as in dump it in the pan and cook it)when my boys were in Scouts. Made them with a can of peaches and cake mix in a Dutch oven over the coals.