Arkansas Chapter Join Chapter Leader: Kramercd

November Chat / All Topic Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2010, 05:52 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Old_Crow
A dog, a priest and a rabbi walk into a bar. Bartender says, "What is this, some kind of a joke?"
Oh great, look what I've started....

Old 11-09-2010, 06:34 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by zhilton
It was before my time on FTE...so I'm a little clueless what your saying. But that's ok, lack of sleep I'm sure is playing it's part too.
Zack, years ago I used to have a problem with alcoholic beverages, so I have heard several speeches pertaining to the consumption of such. If I make it to X-mas day, I'll be sober 22 years.

Old 11-09-2010, 07:15 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Originally Posted by mechmagcn
Zack, years ago I used to have a problem with alcoholic beverages, so I have heard several speeches pertaining to the consumption of such. If I make it to X-mas day, I'll be sober 22 years.
We all have our vices...mine is ice cream...and with a couple new favors at Braums (OKC metro based dairy chain) and $1.99 double dip waffle cones....I'm having a hard time staying out of the store 3/4 mile from my house, or the one 1/2 mile from work. But in all seriousness, congratulation on this many years.

Old 11-09-2010, 08:35 PM
tojoski
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Awesome Jeff, I'd say you got it licked.. I drank a lot when I was a teenager.. (who didn't?) but as I get older I just pick it up occasionally..

Originally Posted by zhilton
We all have our vices...mine is ice cream.
Mine's gadgets and tinkering computers.. or more specifically computer parts..

You name it, theres probably one partially disassembled in my house somewhere.. right now I'm working on a 32" TV that someone gave me, I counted something like 50 capacitors inside that were bad, I'm about 20 into it at the moment.

Nice thing about cheap Chinese electronics, the solder seems to flow really, really easy. I'm guessing that probably means there's a ton of lead in it.

Old 11-09-2010, 08:58 PM
Will P
Senior User
November = deer season! Really this is my favorite time of year. I get to spend time in the woods and with my family and the weather is nice and cool!

Old 11-09-2010, 11:33 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts
Vices, Hmmmm, don't drink, don't do drugs, don't chase wild women (didn't say I don't let em chase me ) Guess my only vice is my toys, trucks, bike, boats, camping....... almost as expensive as having a lady but it gives me something to work for.

Old 11-10-2010, 05:10 AM
sddesigns
Super Moderator

Received 150 Likes on 122 Posts
Good Morning AR!

Happy Hump Day!

Old 11-10-2010, 07:45 AM
zhilton
Postmaster
Morning everyone, looks like Mr. Mom duties today...catching up on the dirty dishes & laundry.
Guess my only vice is my toys, trucks, bike, boats, camping....... almost as expensive as having a lady but it gives me something to work for.
And your toys don't get upset if you take a different one for a spin each time. Funny thing about women, they don't like to share.
Originally Posted by tojoski
You name it, theres probably one partially disassembled in my house somewhere.. right now I'm working on a 32" TV that someone gave me, I counted something like 50 capacitors inside that were bad, I'm about 20 into it at the moment.

Nice thing about cheap Chinese electronics, the solder seems to flow really, really easy. I'm guessing that probably means there's a ton of lead in it.
Lead poisoning is way over rated. You remind me of my ex brother-in-law (his ex is my wife's sister)...when those huge console TV were falling out of favor he had ended up with 2 or 3 in the house.

Going back to the vices...the only thing I drink is Coke Zero/Diet Dr. Pepper when I'm trying to be a "good boy" in the eyes of my wife the nurse. If I'm feeling frisky I'll go for a Barq's. Ice Cream...pretty much any time of year is good with me...and red meat. I figure this body is going to die someday...no matter what; mine as well enjoy all those little "sins" out there.

Old 11-10-2010, 07:59 AM
sddesigns
Super Moderator

Here is the conclusion for alcohol and the male according to a study by the New England Journal of Medicine!

conclusions

Among men, consumption of alcohol at least three to four days per week was inversely
associated with the risk of myocardial infarction. Neither the type of beverage nor the
proportion consumed with meals substantially altered this association. Men who increased
their alcohol consumption by a moderate amount during follow-up had a decreased
risk of myocardial infarction.

Roles of Drinking Pattern and Type of Alcohol
Consumed in Coronary Heart Disease in Men

So men, drink in moderation and have less of a chance for a heart attack!

Old 11-10-2010, 09:34 PM
hiredgun
Mountain Pass
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Good night Arkansas, and THANK YOU to all the Veterans out there

Old 11-11-2010, 04:32 AM
sddesigns
Super Moderator

Good Morning Arkansas!

Thank you to all Veterans and Active Duty men and women who are the "Real Hero's"!

Old 11-11-2010, 12:51 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Something out of the 6.0L forum for those of us that drive "oil burners"...and I'm not talking about motor oil.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...loor-mats.html

Old 11-12-2010, 04:45 AM
Old_Crow
Laughing Gas
Hey, I'm on Goggle Earth! If you search for Vince's Vintage Vehicles in Fox, AR, it'll locate the business, zoom in on it and bring up a ballon with the address and a couple of pics. Unfortunatly, the trucks I'm working on in those pics are a '29 International and a '52 GMC. If you zoom in on the street view a bit, my white '61 is backed in next to the building closest to the road. There's a big Bronco there too that belonged to a coworker(before he put it into a ditch).

Old 11-12-2010, 05:10 AM
sddesigns
Super Moderator

Good Morning AR!

TGIF!

Checked it out, and there you were!

Old 11-13-2010, 12:26 PM
hiredgun
Mountain Pass
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
well no deer this morning was kinda windy, maybe this evening will be better at least less windy, good luck AR deer hunters

Quick Reply: November Chat / All Topic Thread