Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Bed Covers, Tonneau covers, Toppers/Canopies & Bed liners
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Bed Covers, Tonneau covers, Toppers/Canopies & Bed liners Tonneau cover, caps, racks, canopies, shells, etc.SPONSORED BY:
Click Here

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-01-2010, 08:16 PM
Posting Guru

LARIAT 85 has a great reputation on FTE.LARIAT 85 has a great reputation on FTE.LARIAT 85 has a great reputation on FTE.LARIAT 85 has a great reputation on FTE.LARIAT 85 has a great reputation on FTE.LARIAT 85 has a great reputation on FTE.
Considering Line-X: Over the Rail or Bedrail Caps?

I have made up my mind to get a Line-X in my 1985 Ford F150.

If I go with the Line-X over the rail, how neat does it look? Do the edges look good? I am trying to decide if I should do that or go with the replaceable bedrail caps.

What do you think?

One more thing. Are the bed bolts typically removed before the Line-X is applied? If not, what happens if I have to remove the bed? I am going to painting my truck soon, and the bed will have to be removed.
*2wd, 3.55 gears
Quote:
Life is too short to have anything but delusional notions about yourself!
Old 11-02-2010, 09:38 PM
Postmaster

12engine has a great reputation on FTE.12engine has a great reputation on FTE.12engine has a great reputation on FTE.12engine has a great reputation on FTE.
i have it over the rails on my 94 F150, and i like it. the lines are nice and straight, looks great.

In regards to the bed bolts, I dont know, I doubt they remove em though.
Old 11-03-2010, 08:41 AM
Elder User

TruckDaddy is starting off with a positive reputation.
You should discuss the application process with your dealer. You and the dealer should both have an understanding of the application.

That being said, typically, the bed bolts (and tie downs) are removed. However, if you want the bolts sprayed over, that's your option.

The over the rails process utilizes a tape with a wire in it. It creates a perfect LINE-X edge.
Old 03-09-2011, 06:54 PM
New User

ns870 is starting off with a positive reputation.
This is probably too late for Lariat85, but for anyone else asking the question, I highly recommend over the rail. I got under the rail when I bought my 2004 ranger; the dealer told me it would look better. A couple years later I went back and had the rails sprayed. They were kind enough to charge me less than the cost of a new install, although it would have been free if I had done it that way the first time. If you plan to use your truck bed to haul stuff (what a concept!) you might as well protect the whole thing.
Old 03-09-2011, 06:54 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Bed Covers, Tonneau covers, Toppers/Canopies & Bed liners

Tags
2011, arkansas, bed, cap, caps, duty, f150, ford, line, linex, rail, rails, removed, super, truck