6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Engine fitted to 2008 - 2010 F250, F350 and F450 pickup trucks and F350 + Cab Chassis

F550 BIG PROBLEM

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2015, 12:39 PM
mariposabebe
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[
I tried calling for with the same issue with the engine and they did not help me at all. So, I'm going after the dealership... They knew about the issue of my ford f550. I went into the service department and got a print out. OMG... so much history...

QUOTE=StanleyZ;9507601]Not sure who customer care is but you need to talk with the zone rep (i think that's what they're called) from ford. What you say doesn't ring true, it is not up to the dealer but to ford. Once ford approves the repair the dealer will be happy to do the work. If you don't get satisfaction from the zone rep you probably will need a lawyer. The after market filters and other stuff usually say what specs they meet. Before you call the zone rep you might want to review that on the filter and see if ford has any published specs for filters. Looks to me like you have a legal recource with one or the other (ford or wix )but getting one to step up may take some legal action.[/QUOTE]

Old 07-14-2016, 06:00 PM
Timelimo
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Engine Seize

Hello fellow ford owners, I had purchased a brand new 2011 F-550 with the 6.7 litre engine for my limousine fleet. I have many fords in my fleet already and am very happy with them. I was very excited when i added the few F-550 to my fleet. I took care of it very good with regular oil changes and safety inspections and much more. Just this past month i had my truck on the road driving at 68000 Kms (42253 miles) and my truck had suddenly stopped. I had to get it towed to a local dealership and they had informed me the bad news that the engine had seized on my truck. I was very shocked knowing i took such good care of this truck and did not know how this could happpen to a truck with such low Km's. To make matter even worse my warranty had just expired three months prior to this incident. I then did my research on fellow companys with the same vehicle and engine and theirs was a 2012. I had explained what had happen to my vehicle and suprisingly they replied with telling me they had the exact same problem, luckily for them they were still under warranty and had been taken care of. This hadnt happended to just them but also another company in the Lower Mainland. So i had started to think this is a often occuring problem for this truck which is not acceptable for the amount your paying for the vehicle. I contacted a local dealership and they told me they had two of the exact same engines sitting their with the same problem and their was nothing they could do to help me. I had then contacted the USA ford dealership where i had got the vehicle from and said they could not help me either. I was just wondering if this problem has happended to anyone else and if so how were you helped? Thank you

Old 07-14-2016, 07:09 PM
senix
Super Moderator
Received 1,407 Likes on 1,003 Posts
sounds like you had a valve issue and it trashed the engine.

They changed the valves and head design for later years so this does not happen anymore.

Call ford customer service and speak with them. Maybe they would extend so good will and at least share the pain.

Old 07-15-2016, 06:23 PM
FordService
Official Ford Rep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Timelimo
Hello fellow ford owners, I had purchased a brand new 2011 F-550 with the 6.7 litre engine for my limousine fleet. I have many fords in my fleet already and am very happy with them. I was very excited when i added the few F-550 to my fleet. I took care of it very good with regular oil changes and safety inspections and much more. Just this past month i had my truck on the road driving at 68000 Kms (42253 miles) and my truck had suddenly stopped. I had to get it towed to a local dealership and they had informed me the bad news that the engine had seized on my truck. I was very shocked knowing i took such good care of this truck and did not know how this could happpen to a truck with such low Km's. To make matter even worse my warranty had just expired three months prior to this incident. I then did my research on fellow companys with the same vehicle and engine and theirs was a 2012. I had explained what had happen to my vehicle and suprisingly they replied with telling me they had the exact same problem, luckily for them they were still under warranty and had been taken care of. This hadnt happended to just them but also another company in the Lower Mainland. So i had started to think this is a often occuring problem for this truck which is not acceptable for the amount your paying for the vehicle. I contacted a local dealership and they told me they had two of the exact same engines sitting their with the same problem and their was nothing they could do to help me. I had then contacted the USA ford dealership where i had got the vehicle from and said they could not help me either. I was just wondering if this problem has happended to anyone else and if so how were you helped? Thank you
Welcome to the forum, Timelimo!

Please reach out to my colleagues at FordServiceCA; they'll be best able to assist.

Originally Posted by senix
Call ford customer service and speak with them. Maybe they would extend so good will and at least share the pain.
Great suggestion, senix; we're always happy to help as well.

Rachel

Old 07-20-2016, 05:59 PM
speakerfritz
Hotshot
Received 977 Likes on 752 Posts
Thanks for posting the FORD engine problems with the 6.7 engine. I remained shocked as to the quality decline with ford over the last 20 years.....going back to head gasket problems in the late 90's thru and to include problems with the 6.0, 6.4, and now the 6.7

My local ford wont even work on my 2010 f-450 6.4, I'm being forced to undertake the engine work myself.

with FORD labor rates at 145 per hour, you would think they would work on anything they sell.

and I got a call today from my local dealership about buying a new truck with them....you got to be kidding me.

fellas....keep up the internet noise and register complaints everywhere you can...let future buyers know exactly what they are in for.

shocking