Notices

Paint Protection Film Clear Bra Invisible Mask Installation DFW TX

Old 11-01-2010, 10:03 AM
SuperDoodieDutyDude
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paint Protection Film Clear Bra Invisible Mask Installation DFW TX

Anyone have any recommendations for installers of clear paint protection film in the Dallas Fort Worth Area of TX?

Old 11-02-2010, 12:05 PM
shotgunz
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
3M's website should have a list of authorized 3M PPF installers.

Old 05-10-2011, 11:31 AM
xpel tech
Former Vendor
XPEL Installers In DFW Metroplex

Originally Posted by SuperDoodieDutyDude
Anyone have any recommendations for installers of clear paint protection film in the Dallas Fort Worth Area of TX?

We have several qualified clear bra installers in the Dallas Fort Worth area. Just visit www.xpel.com and enter your zip code for a list near you.

Old 05-11-2011, 10:59 AM
Beechkid
Received 207 Likes on 159 Posts
Originally Posted by SuperDoodieDutyDude
I would definitely use an instructor- I had the 3M clear bra installed on my truck....the installer was a recent graduate (within 12 months), and well, just did not have their act together. I give the owner of the company great customer service referal with regards to thefact that they re-installed the product 3 times and when I was not happy they removed it and refunded the $.

The bad news...3M rep did not even respond to phone calls or e-mail in resolving the installation issue.

The good news....I went to a training center, an instructor installed it on the vehicle but.....with my concerns...

They asked the size be increased (width) so the material would not have to be stretched more than 1/8"

The lower valance piece (above the bumper) really looked ugly (cut)...the installer pointed out...and agreed to trim the piece just over the verticl lip on top to make a straight line

The bottom pieces and even the grill surround really takes two people to install in a manner that will provide and excellent, exact look.

When the installer found out I had done most of the mods (including tint) on my truck, he asked if I would assist in the install on the lower two pieces.

I can also say this, it is much easier to apply than window tint because of the thickness, but many of the companies that pre-cut the material (3M is only a bulk supplier), they cut the material requiring you to stretch the material up to 1/2" (total hood width) which is just unrealistic.....any more than 1/8" each direction is max IMHO.

There are also 2 other mfg's other than 3M who mfg this product...I helped a friend install one on his car...went on very well...no issues.

FYI...regardless of what 3M and others say about not fading, it does, and the only product I have found to restore this is to use a paint sealer, general waxes, polishes, oils, etc have no effect.

Old 05-11-2011, 11:06 AM
xpel tech
Former Vendor
XPEL Sealant and Cleaner

Originally Posted by Beechkid
I would definitely use an instructor- I had the 3M clear bra installed on my truck....the installer was a recent graduate (within 12 months), and well, just did not have their act together. I give the owner of the company great customer service referal with regards to thefact that they re-installed the product 3 times and when I was not happy they removed it and refunded the $.

The bad news...3M rep did not even respond to phone calls or e-mail in resolving the installation issue.

The good news....I went to a training center, an instructor installed it on the vehicle but.....with my concerns...

They asked the size be increased (width) so the material would not have to be stretched more than 1/8"

The lower valance piece (above the bumper) really looked ugly (cut)...the installer pointed out...and agreed to trim the piece just over the verticl lip on top to make a straight line

The bottom pieces and even the grill surround really takes two people to install in a manner that will provide and excellent, exact look.

When the installer found out I had done most of the mods (including tint) on my truck, he asked if I would assist in the install on the lower two pieces.

I can also say this, it is much easier to apply than window tint because of the thickness, but many of the companies that pre-cut the material (3M is only a bulk supplier), they cut the material requiring you to stretch the material up to 1/2" (total hood width) which is just unrealistic.....any more than 1/8" each direction is max IMHO.

There are also 2 other mfg's other than 3M who mfg this product...I helped a friend install one on his car...went on very well...no issues.

FYI...regardless of what 3M and others say about not fading, it does, and the only product I have found to restore this is to use a paint sealer, general waxes, polishes, oils, etc have no effect.
You might want to check out these purpose made products that we have created. I think it will eliminate moost of your problems with fading.

XPEL PPF Cleaner (16 oz)

XPEL Paint Protection Film Cleaner is designed to extract most environmental deposits such as tar, oil, hard water stains, bug acids and other contaminants from Polyurethane paint protection films. Its deep cleaning action restores the clear, glossy, freshly-installed appearance of the original film.
Part Number: R1331
Our Price: $19.95

XPEL Technologies Corp: Product Detail

XPEL PPF Sealant (16 ounce bottle)

XPEL Film Sealant is an acrylic polymer product that is purpose-made for protecting any aliphatic urethane paint protection film. Attaching itself at a molecular level, the sealant forms a hardened barrier when exposed to UV light. By sealing off the pores in the film, the sealant will reduce absorption of pollutants, tar, and pollen; as well as staining due acid rain, hard water and bugs by 90%. Because this product is engineered specifically for Aliphatic Polyurethane, it is much more durable on Paint Protection Film than other waxes and polishes. Apply XPEL Film Sealant monthly for maximum protection.
Click here for more information on the XPEL Paint Protection System!
Part Number: R1326
Our Price: $19.95

XPEL Technologies Corp: Product Detail