Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > Nebraska Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Nebraska Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: 97nukeford

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-31-2010, 01:24 PM
Junior User

eviiltim72 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Question Garage Heaters???

Just looking for some advice, hope its not a problem if I ask in this section. I am trying to decided if a diesel, kerosene or propane heater is the way to go for my garage. I have lived in warm climates most of my life so am not very familiar with the pluses and minuses of the 3. I am looking to heat an area about 10 foot high, 12 foot wide and 20 foot long. The place is a rental so I am looking for something like a cunstruction site "bullet" heater. I am figuring I will need somewhere between 75,000 and 125,000 BTU's. So please help school the new guy so my wrenches are no longer freezing to my hands.
Old 11-01-2010, 03:45 PM
Nebraska Chapter LDR

67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation
No problem asking that here Tim! Good question, I've been kicking around the idea of heating my garage also.
Pat W. Chapter Forums Moderator and Official #1 Slackmaster/ Avid Hater of all things wintery
2006 F-250 "Black" ARP studs, EGR delete, SCT tuner
1967 F-100 Project thread

RIP SteveBricks-We'll miss you, bud. CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE NEBRASKA CHAPTER!
Old 11-01-2010, 06:01 PM
Posting Guru

jseim44 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.jseim44 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I just have one of those little forced air heaters that hooks up to a propane bottle. I don't remember what the BTU's was but last winter in the garage I had that was similar to size of your's I could start it up about a half hour before I wanted to work and open the overhead door about 6 inches for ventilation and when I went back out to work I could take my coat off and be fairly warm yet. It is very portable and the propane seems to last a long time. For me, I didn't want diesel gelling up when I wanted to use it. Also, I noticed that the diesel/kerosene ones seemed to be more expensive for the amount of BTU's compared to a propane one.

One man's opinion. And any heat is better than no heat!!!!

-Jake

69 F-250 "Mild" 390/C6 3.54 LS 3rd Generation Family Owner
74 F-250 4x4 390/C6 4.10 LS 3rd Generation Family Owner
05 F-250 FX4 Off Road 6.0/Auto
Old 11-01-2010, 06:01 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > Nebraska Chapter

Tags
alternative, bullet, davidson, fuels, garage, harley, heaters