1983 - 2012 Ranger & B-Series All Ford Ranger and Mazda B-Series models

2002 ranger 4 cyl exhaust hanger

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2024, 11:13 AM
coneheads
Cross-Country
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2002 ranger 4 cyl exhaust hanger

Just bought this truck trying to fix the odds and ends that the previous owner didn't address and one of those issues is a broken exhaust hanger so ordered the new rubber pieces and I'm trying to replace it. The hanger bracket seems to have a rivet holding the broken rubber piece in and I cant figure out how to get the old one out and new one in. Anybody know what this is and how to go about it. have searched You Tube and zero posts come up regarding this problem. Any help is much appreciated.

Old 03-06-2024, 05:39 PM
coneheads
Cross-Country
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Update

Originally Posted by coneheads
Just bought this truck trying to fix the odds and ends that the previous owner didn't address and one of those issues is a broken exhaust hanger so ordered the new rubber pieces and I'm trying to replace it. The hanger bracket seems to have a rivet holding the broken rubber piece in and I cant figure out how to get the old one out and new one in. Anybody know what this is and how to go about it. have searched You Tube and zero posts come up regarding this problem. Any help is much appreciated.
The hanger Bracket is two pieces welded together with a rivet that holds the rubber isolator. There is a Ford logo and part number stamped on the part but the number doesn't come up anywhere tried Amazon ebay Rock auto and the official ford parts website nothing. Saw similar parts but they were for the six cylinder version so I ended up cutting the rivet and replacing it with a grade 8 bolt with jam nuts holding it in. Very curious I've never seen an authentic part number not come up somewhere even if it is a discontinued part.