6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

It's Friday and I LOVE my 2011 6.7

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2010, 03:32 PM
rob_nc
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EpicCowlick
Yes Rob, yes it is...

Well, I'm going to have to admit to an affair then.

Old 10-30-2010, 04:11 PM
rickatic
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Brad Paisley wrote a song about it and Andy Griffith did the video with him...and it is the truth...Waitin on a woman...hows your head today?

Old 10-30-2010, 05:22 PM
EpicCowlick
Post Fiend
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by Sgt93
I used her to haul a 6 gallon air compressor yesterday. She did not have a problem
Is that your truck or your wife you're referring to?

Old 10-30-2010, 05:32 PM
LMS Residential
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by rob_nc
Is it wrong to love your truck more than your wife?
only if you act on your "inclinations"

Old 10-31-2010, 12:59 AM
jweidert
Mountain Pass
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by rickatic
Gigger

What do you think the 2012's are going be like? All indicators so far show waiting a year will get you the same truck with Job 2 features. Just curious....
Rickatic....this is the big question for me. I ordered a F250 a few months back, but changed my mind and am going to order a F350 (haven't re-ordered it yet). Dealer is happy selling the original one I ordered, they are pretty flexible. The big question now is wait for the 2012, or order the 2011? If the 2012's have a few minor changes like My Ford Touch, I'm gonna wait. If the changes are so subtle there really isn't much difference, I'm gonna pull the trigger on a 2011. I saw dates posted a while back where it seems there may be a small window to see what's new with the 2012s, but still have an opty to order a 2011...not totally sure.

Curious, what makes you think the 2012s will simply be a continuation of 2011 Job 2? There will likely be some changes, just tough to tell what they might be. Sure would be nice if Ford would share some of that info with Ford loyalists, although I understand why they control this information (certainly dont want to cannabilize current model year sales).

The other reason I think there needs to be some changes for 2012 is because if GM was smart, they will be coming out with a new interior/features more comparable to what Ford offers today (rumors suggest this is likely the case). We can only speculate at this point what comparable really means, but if Ford doesn't continue to innovate and offer new features, it stands to lose some ground as the HD market is only going to continue to become more competitive. I think it would be a mistake for Ford not to offer some meaningful enhancements in 2012. This is the quandry I find myself in...hoping 2012 may offer a few minor enhancements to make the wait worth while.

Old 10-31-2010, 07:34 AM
Adobe 11SD
Senior User
Originally Posted by rob_nc
Well, I'm going to have to admit to an affair then.
You might want to rethink that strategy. It will really hurt if she gets the truck in the divorce settlement.

Old 10-31-2010, 08:41 AM
Big-Sarge
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 2addy
As I sit down here in my office, looking out the window and at my lovely truck, waiting for my even more lovely wife to get up so that I can go and get my truck bed liner, I'm thinking, hmmmmm. I'm waiting, my truck's waiting, my dog's waiting, but why doesn't my wife understand that that right now, it's now Saturday and it's an even better day to love your truck day and we should all be in my ever so lovely truck driving down the road day?!?!?! So I know I should love my wife more (and I really do) but it's times like these that really make you think that maybe, just maybe, it's all about the truck.

Oops, she's looking over my shoulder . . . ouch, that hurts dear . . . no, no, no, love your wife more.
Last night I was inside my truck in the garage figuring out how to work the hands free "Sync" phone system......I must have called my wife 40 times...while she was sitting on the couch inside....She wasn't as amused as I was!!! I love this damn TRUCK!!!

Old 10-31-2010, 08:42 AM
Big-Sarge
Senior User
Originally Posted by Adobe 11SD
You might want to rethink that strategy. It will really hurt if she gets the truck in the divorce settlement.
NEVER!!! I will drive it off a cliff first!!!!!!! Or hide it at Epic's house!!!!

Old 10-31-2010, 08:47 AM
Adobe 11SD
Senior User
Originally Posted by Big-Sarge
NEVER!!! I will drive it off a cliff first!!!!!!! Or hide it at Epic's house!!!!
I vote for the second option. Epic will have it Modded out" by the time the dust settles.

Old 10-31-2010, 08:50 AM
EpicCowlick
Post Fiend
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Just pull it around back. I'll put my barbecue on the tailgate and no one will notice...

Old 10-31-2010, 09:37 AM
rickatic
Postmaster
Gigger

I suspect there will be some interior and trim changes, maybe even more power. What I do not see is a dramatically new truck design, such as the concept truck, dubbed IIRC Superchief. Some guys are holding out for that type of major leap. So far, not much chatter about where it is in the pipeline, if at all. Also, Ford bet the farm on the 2011 model and it has been so successful to date that the "old do not change what is working" mentality creeps in. I do know a lot of guys are hoping for different fenders on the dually

Old 10-31-2010, 11:27 AM
Percys Armory
Posting Guru
I was thinking of waiting on a 2012 also hoping for the myford touch, but I realized I don't know what the benefits of it are and I read somewhere (can't find the link or site.) but the super duty isnt getting the myford touch in 2012.
Originally Posted by jweidert
Rickatic....this is the big question for me. I ordered a F250 a few months back, but changed my mind and am going to order a F350 (haven't re-ordered it yet). Dealer is happy selling the original one I ordered, they are pretty flexible. The big question now is wait for the 2012, or order the 2011? If the 2012's have a few minor changes like My Ford Touch, I'm gonna wait. If the changes are so subtle there really isn't much difference, I'm gonna pull the trigger on a 2011. I saw dates posted a while back where it seems there may be a small window to see what's new with the 2012s, but still have an opty to order a 2011...not totally sure.

Curious, what makes you think the 2012s will simply be a continuation of 2011 Job 2? There will likely be some changes, just tough to tell what they might be. Sure would be nice if Ford would share some of that info with Ford loyalists, although I understand why they control this information (certainly dont want to cannabilize current model year sales).

The other reason I think there needs to be some changes for 2012 is because if GM was smart, they will be coming out with a new interior/features more comparable to what Ford offers today (rumors suggest this is likely the case). We can only speculate at this point what comparable really means, but if Ford doesn't continue to innovate and offer new features, it stands to lose some ground as the HD market is only going to continue to become more competitive. I think it would be a mistake for Ford not to offer some meaningful enhancements in 2012. This is the quandry I find myself in...hoping 2012 may offer a few minor enhancements to make the wait worth while.

Old 10-31-2010, 12:34 PM
720Deere
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I do believe that either PBuckne or PowerstrokeHD told us recently that My Ford Touch was not planned for release in the Superduty any time soon.

Old 10-31-2010, 05:14 PM
Percys Armory
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by 720Deere
I do believe that either PBuckne or PowerstrokeHD told us recently that My Ford Touch was not planned for release in the Superduty any time soon.
that could be, looks like I'll order a 2011 now the question Lariat or King Ranch

Old 11-03-2010, 05:32 PM
2addy
Senior User
Last night I was inside my truck in the garage figuring out how to work the hands free "Sync" phone system......I must have called my wife 40 times...while she was sitting on the couch inside....She wasn't as amused as I was!!! I love this damn TRUCK!!!
I had the same problem after I synced my phone; I called my wife and happily told her it was hooked up when I was reminded that her car had bluetooth as well. Oops. So now hers is hooked up and I can call her and while we both talk on our synced phones, I can tell her how much I love my truck. You would think after a thousand times she would understand. Sigh...no.

She has threatened to log onto this site though; I am in so much trouble....

Quick Reply: It's Friday and I LOVE my 2011 6.7