Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > New England Region > Connecticut Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Connecticut Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: StreamlineGT

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-28-2010, 03:47 PM
Postmaster

jthorngate3 is a name known to alljthorngate3 is a name known to alljthorngate3 is a name known to alljthorngate3 is a name known to alljthorngate3 is a name known to alljthorngate3 is a name known to all
42209261 Fordx4bronc3545
Rausch Creek

I'm not sure if anybody in the group would be all that interested, but I thought I would throw it out there anyway. I think the season is about over this year, but it would be fun to go sometime next year. I think the season opens back up in April. If you don't know anything about it, it's an offroad park in PA about 5 hours away, give or take. I've got some work to do with the truck before I can wheel it much. This place shows to have everything from easier woods trails to serious rock crawling stuff. They have competitions there as well. Anyway, let me know what you guys think. You have to become a member of the park to go, but I think it was something like $15 for the year. The kicker is that it's $30something per driver to go, and you have to have a group of at least 2. Here's the website:

Rausch Creek Off Road Park
Gone but not forgotten: 86 F150 4x4 I6(offy DP, Holley 465cfm, EFI exhuast manifolds, walker y-pipe, ARP head studs, D.U.I. HEI distributor) C6-NP208F, 2 1/2" rough country lift, 32x11.5x15 Cooper Discoverer STT
Old 10-28-2010, 05:39 PM
Postmaster

danorules has a superb reputationdanorules has a superb reputationdanorules has a superb reputationdanorules has a superb reputationdanorules has a superb reputationdanorules has a superb reputationdanorules has a superb reputationdanorules has a superb reputationdanorules has a superb reputationdanorules has a superb reputationdanorules has a superb reputation
looks like a fun trip. 5 hours away seems a bit far to drive back from. are you planning on towing the truck?.........just in case
Old 10-28-2010, 06:53 PM
Postmaster

jthorngate3 is a name known to alljthorngate3 is a name known to alljthorngate3 is a name known to alljthorngate3 is a name known to alljthorngate3 is a name known to alljthorngate3 is a name known to all
42209261 Fordx4bronc3545
I have a good amount of family nearby if something happens. Plus, I won't be doing any of the tough stuff, mostly just the forest trails.
Gone but not forgotten: 86 F150 4x4 I6(offy DP, Holley 465cfm, EFI exhuast manifolds, walker y-pipe, ARP head studs, D.U.I. HEI distributor) C6-NP208F, 2 1/2" rough country lift, 32x11.5x15 Cooper Discoverer STT
Old 10-28-2010, 07:39 PM
Non-smoker

7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future
I'm interested as long as I can get a decent set of tires onto my truck between now and when we all went. Warmer months would be preferred. Much more pleasant to try to get a truck out of the mud when it's not so cold out.

I'm sure it's easier to get unstuck from frozen mud but still... cold sucks.
-Pete, PAA member #84
Old 10-28-2010, 08:28 PM
Posting Guru

Newenglandfordjunkie is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Newenglandfordjunkie is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Petersens 4 wheel and off road went to Rausch Creek as part of their 2010 ultimate adventure. They did the ultimate adventure in the North East this year starting in New Hampshire and ending up in Virginia. You might check out a couple of off road parks in NY they went to that are only 3 hours away. Either way this would be a great time. But I doubt my truck will be ready unless I get a huge dose of cash and time.

Ultimate Adventure 2010 Introduction - 4-Wheel & Off-Road Magazine
Old 10-28-2010, 09:52 PM
Non-smoker

7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future
So Andy and Greg you're going to bring your trucks down t<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->he mud trails wit<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->h me and my truck rig<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->ht?
-Pete, PAA member #84
Old 10-28-2010, 11:04 PM
Postmaster

42209261 Fordx4bronc3545
Yeah guys, that mud will just slide right off your waxed trucks right? HAHA! I was planning on waiting til late next spring sometime. I don't think we will have to be digging out of too much mud. I will continue to do some snooping around. They have a forum on the site, so I will see if I can come up with some pictures of what the trails look like. I'm sure you could find some youtube videos from there.

Hey Dano, how do you like those hankooks? I love my coopers, but wouldn't mind having a more "road friendly" tire to switch to for winter driving. I have heard good things, but I have also always liked coopers winter tire.
Old 10-28-2010, 11:33 PM
Non-smoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthorngate3 View Post
I don't think we will have to be digging out of too much mud.
I don't know, Josiah... If I go (which I'd very much like to) my goal will be to come out without a square inch of paint showing through the mud. I've yet to get the truck stuck and it'll get a new set of tires before it goes anywhere like that. I spin these ones by accident on dry pavement. I want to find out what it really takes to get this thing stuck.
-Pete, PAA member #84
Old 10-29-2010, 07:48 AM
Postmaster

42209261 Fordx4bronc3545
All you need is some wide tires then, with big tread lugs. You'll be able to throw mud with the best of em. Just gotta keep the wheels spinning.
Old 10-30-2010, 09:41 AM
Postmaster

danorules has a superb reputationdanorules has a superb reputationdanorules has a superb reputationdanorules has a superb reputationdanorules has a superb reputationdanorules has a superb reputationdanorules has a superb reputationdanorules has a superb reputationdanorules has a superb reputationdanorules has a superb reputationdanorules has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by jthorngate3 View Post
Hey Dano, how do you like those hankooks?
I love them so far. only about 2000 miles on them, highway,city, some mud and rocks. excelent performance to date. i know a few people that have them and love them. just waiting for snow.
Old 10-30-2010, 09:50 AM
Postmaster

42209261 Fordx4bronc3545
Quote:
Originally Posted by danorules View Post
just waiting for snow.
You and me both
Old 10-30-2010, 09:50 AM