Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van SPONSORED BY:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-26-2010, 11:01 PM
New User

VCEC71 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Door lock codes

Can anyone tell me where to find the doorlock codes? I bought a used 2004 F250 Powerstroke it had no owners manual or card.
Old 10-26-2010, 11:27 PM
Senior User

bubba_78363 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Go back to the service departmernt and ask them to do alittle researched base off your VIN number. Should have them to you in not time at all.

Last edited by bubba_78363; 10-27-2010 at 11:13 AM. Reason: correcting a drunk post
Old 10-26-2010, 11:47 PM
Post Fiend

bismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputation
Try these:

There are three ways to find the code. One is a lot easier than the other and much less work if you have a good eye and great flashlight. There are some Excursions, F250 and F350s that have a different wiring system.
The first location to look is just above the right front kick panel; the RAP module is black in color with the numbers on the front (the same as the white module). If you look above the kick panel you can see it quite clearly without taking anything apart. If it is not at this location please follow the next step.
This part is not hard to do. You will need to remove the front cover under the steering wheel that says fuse box. (It has 4 plastic screws to remove) under the dash, the five (5) digit code is on the cream/white box behind the radio, look to the top right of the open fuse box cover through the wires. (towards the fire wall). At the back firewall, look for a 5 digit code on a sticker on a cream/white box. This is not easy but if you try every angle I promise it will appear don't forget to use a very powerful flashlight if you want to see it.
Note: The RAP module sometimes is covered by insulation making it almost impossible to see.
It is located on the firewall behind the radio just below the windshield.
The third way is a more time consuming job because you have to remover the stereo.
Once you do, look to the rear you'll be able to see the 5 digit code very easy. This process can take 2-10 minutes.

Also:

You will have to release the compartment on the right side of the steering wheel in your dash. Then there will be some insulation that you will have to push to the side. There will be a little black box on the firewall with a 5 digit number. I believe the number is printed on a white label. This is the factory code. Once you have that, you can enter it in then press the 1-2 and 3-4 buttons at the same time then enter in your own code. The truck will lock then unlock if you've done it right. Oh yeah - you have to do each step within 5 seconds of each other for it to work.
06 F250 CC SB FX4 Lariat;ARP studs;OEM gaskets;Banks exhaust;DynaTrac Ball joints;Coolant filter;High-Idle mod;RACCCV6000;JimmiJammers;Ravelco;SynchroMax xfer case;Fumoto valve;Harpooned;CPOhighwayProducts toolbox;tracrac;Fox Weatherboots;Wet Okole Seat Covers;BriteBox;Re-flashed;Quadzilla Recon XZT Fuel Press;Blue FPR spring;DashDAQ;PHP FICM;RiffRaff boots;DCPower270AXP;PowerInverter;Rancho7000's;BPD EGR cooler;One-piece HPOP fitting;D-plugs&standpipes;BPD BilletWaterPump;SCT w/ Matts SRL+;ELC Ultra;DuraTracs
Old 10-27-2010, 06:18 PM
New User

shinyconcrete is starting off with a positive reputation.
Does anyone have the list of number combinations that you can go through and try?
Old 10-27-2010, 06:36 PM
Admin Emeritus

SteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputation
No offense, but if there is such a thing I hope nobody posts it.

Our trucks are vulnerable enough as it is.
Join our Chapter *HERE*
9/21/54 - 9/25/09
Old 10-27-2010, 06:43 PM
New User

shinyconcrete is starting off with a positive reputation.
I know what you mean, but it is just a list of the obvious possible combinations of the 5 numbers on the keypad. Someone had one they made up a while back. It takes a little time to go through.

A pm or email would work for me.
Old 10-27-2010, 06:48 PM

Maxium4x4 has a superb reputationMaxium4x4 has a superb reputationMaxium4x4 has a superb reputationMaxium4x4 has a superb reputationMaxium4x4 has a superb reputationMaxium4x4 has a superb reputationMaxium4x4 has a superb reputationMaxium4x4 has a superb reputationMaxium4x4 has a superb reputationMaxium4x4 has a superb reputationMaxium4x4 has a superb reputation
Welcome to FTE VCEC71, bubba and shinyconcrete. You can try this, read through our Tech Folder located at the top of the forum. Scroll down to the very bottom and you will see Keyless Entry Code

If anyone wants SteveBricks code.....just let me know and I will Private Message it to you...

2003 F-350 Reg Cab 6.0L
Old 10-27-2010, 08:15 PM
Elder User

Sullid01 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Sullid01 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I used the info I found here on FTE - I found the easiest way was with a dental mirror and a flash light. I looked up in an area under the dash just behind the radio (it's about a foot up there). I found the numbers impossible to read without the mirror - no matter how much I dug around, my head just would not get in the right position. Ford will want about $100 to get this for you (unless they really like you).

2006 F250 6.0L Amarillo Powermax turbo, ARP studs, IDP RR, 4" Banks exhaust - turbo back with Cat and Banks muffler, Banks intercooler, CAT ELC, Dfuser coolant filter, Racor CCV4500, Hi Idle mod, harpooned tank, some big horns, Edge CTS, Isspro Fuel pressure and SCT X3 Matt (gearheads) SRL++ for powermax, DC Power XP270 alt
Old 10-27-2010, 08:25 PM
Elder User

hubler13f has a good reputation on FTE.hubler13f has a good reputation on FTE.
My truck came with a keyless entry code card in the owners manual, but it doesn't have any key pads, figure that one out, I'm still scratchin my head about it.
2005 F250 6.0 PSD 4X4, leveling kit, homemade remote oil cooler, 295/70/R17's on Eagle Wheels, ARP studs, POWERMAX TURBO, EGR cooler deleted, GDS Spring, Banjo Bolt Mod, solid 1 piece Y and up pipe, Diamond Eye 4" SS Turbo Back straight pipe, Dieselsite Coolant Filter, Riff Raff boots, 58 volt HOT FICM mod, Innovative Mild FICM Tune, Zoodad mod, Harpooned tank, Lubed with Rotella T6, Edge Insight, SCT SF3 w/Matt's custom tunes
Old 10-27-2010, 08:25 PM