6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Bed liners???

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 12:56 PM
tampacamper
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bed liners???

What are you guys using for bed liners? Spray in or drop in??

Old 10-26-2010, 01:18 PM
Adobe 11SD
Senior User
Originally Posted by tampacamper
What are you guys using for bed liners? Spray in or drop in??
Tampa, not trying to be a smart **** but I don't know how you use your truck so I'll ask if you have ruled out BedRug? Seems that there are a lot of people that like them depending on use. I.E. Pets that ride in the back, etc. It is not a good solution for me because I haul a lawn tractor, golf cart, mulch, sand, etc.. in the bed, but........

Old 10-26-2010, 01:18 PM
djjoshuad
Posting Guru
quality spray-in. there is no substitute.

Old 10-26-2010, 01:24 PM
tampacamper
Senior User
Originally Posted by Adobe 11SD
Tampa, not trying to be a smart **** but I don't know how you use your truck so I'll ask if you have ruled out BedRug? Seems that there are a lot of people that like them depending on use. I.E. Pets that ride in the back, etc. It is not a good solution for me because I haul a lawn tractor, golf cart, mulch, sand, etc.. in the bed, but........
Sorry I use my truck as a truck, put our golf cart in back when we go camping.

Old 10-26-2010, 01:25 PM
tampacamper
Senior User
Originally Posted by djjoshuad
quality spray-in. there is no substitute.
Don't they fade? Here in FLorida the sun is not forgiving.

Old 10-26-2010, 02:20 PM
EpicCowlick
Post Fiend
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
The Line-X has a second step additive that prevents fading. I had it done on my truck and though the liner is only 4 months old, it survived one hot summer and looks brand new. If you get the additive, the Line-X includes a lifetime warranty against fading.

Old 10-26-2010, 04:29 PM
VAJeff
Freshman User
Originally Posted by tampacamper
Sorry I use my truck as a truck, put our golf cart in back when we go camping.
One of the reasons we are going from our 02 PSD Excursion (when we sell it) to a new (most likely 11) F350 is for this reason.

From your pick, it looks like you have the standard bed. I have heard the carts will fit with all tires in the bed, you just can not shut the gate. How is it working out for you?

What are you using for ramps to load the cart? Then what do you do to secure it?

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but I am curious. I am also interested in the thread topic as well. We will need some sort of cover when we make the move to a P/U Truck.

Jeff

Old 10-26-2010, 06:59 PM
Sgt93
Postmaster
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I have always been a diehard Line-X guy. Every truck I have had it has been the first thing I have added and it has been great. With that said, one of my best friends has always used Bedrugs and swore by them. I looked around online and found that when I entered the bedrug model number for my truck with the "man step" I could get it from Summit Racing for like $317 (give or take a few dollars). You have to search by the model number off of the site for the 2011 W/step. So I ordered it. It's been in for about a week or so underneath my Fold-a-Cover. I cannot speak for durability yet etc but it sure feels good kneeling on it.

Old 10-26-2010, 07:19 PM
sandmanf250
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
bed protection

i always used linex and loved it,but i have a better setup going now. i linex the the sides and put a rubber bedmat on the floor.slick set-up.

Old 10-26-2010, 07:27 PM
Sportscraft
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have the factory liner so am interested to see how it holds up. I have had both arma coatings and line x in the past and both worked great. They did fade over time and they can scuff. I plan on adding a bed mat on top of mine to protect both the liner and the fifthwheel prep "pucks".

Sidenote, I did have a customer with an arma coating that used his truck all day long for hauling thousands of pounds of tile and pallets. At about 100,000 miles on the truck (and liner) it started to crack and peel a bit (and grow thin) so arma coatings sprayed a complete new liner no questions asked. Now that's customer service!

Old 10-26-2010, 07:31 PM
Adobe 11SD
Senior User
Wink

Originally Posted by Sgt93
I have always been a diehard Line-X guy. Every truck I have had it has been the first thing I have added and it has been great. With that said, one of my best friends has always used Bedrugs and swore by them. I looked around online and found that when I entered the bedrug model number for my truck with the "man step" I could get it from Summit Racing for like $317 (give or take a few dollars). You have to search by the model number off of the site for the 2011 W/step. So I ordered it. It's been in for about a week or so underneath my Fold-a-Cover. I cannot speak for durability yet etc but it sure feels good kneeling on it.
Sarge, Please let us know how it works out for you. Sometimes it is good to think outside of the box. Good luck!

Old 10-26-2010, 07:34 PM
Sgt93
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Adobe 11SD
Sarge, Please let us know how it works out for you. Sometimes it is good to think outside of the box. Good luck!
Will do. It sure looks good back there, especially since I have a grey truck. We did get pounded with rain last night and it appears that my Fold-a-Cover leaks a bit but I suppose that is to be expected

Old 10-26-2010, 07:38 PM
VAJeff
Freshman User
These look pretty good to me. Looks to give the best of traditional bed-liner and bed rug in one. Looks a lot easier to install than the bed rug when comparing the two videos.

DualLiner® Real Truck Bed Protection

Anyone with experience with this one?

Old 10-26-2010, 07:53 PM
Adobe 11SD
Senior User
Originally Posted by Sgt93
Will do. It sure looks good back there, especially since I have a grey truck. We did get pounded with rain last night and it appears that my Fold-a-Cover leaks a bit but I suppose that is to be expected
I hear ya, but the cover shouldn't leak. You may want to consider adjusting it. I would be concerned that the BedRug would retain H2O (when covered) due to a lack of air flow. My first Tri-Fold (2005 F-150) was a Rugged Cover and it was awesome, the one that I have on my '11SD is a "Tonneau Pro" cover and is not of the same quality, but it doesn't leak.

Old 10-26-2010, 08:00 PM
Sgt93
Postmaster
VAJeff, the Bedrug took about an hour tops to install. It was easy as can be.

Adobe, I may mess with the cover a bit more. The Bedrug will not mildew or anything but I understand the "standing water" science of it and I don't want it.

Quick Reply: Bed liners???