1980 - 1986 Bullnose F100, F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Early Eighties Bullnose Ford Truck

What have you done to your truck today?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2012, 09:35 PM
85lebaront2
Old School Hot Rodder

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
You could put it where most 460s and all later trucks have them, left inner side of the fender near the firewall.

Old 12-02-2012, 12:49 AM
Galendor
Posting Guru

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 85lebaront2
You could put it where most 460s and all later trucks have them, left inner side of the fender near the firewall.
I know 85lebaront2! You have been very helpful, and I really appreciate it. But once I decided to keep the stock location (for now due to to connection morphology), I just kind of decided to try an unorthodox fix. My little heat sinks probably won't really work, I know. But I took several temperature readings on the module in stock configuration with a laser. So now I will take several after adding the heat sinks and determine whether or not there is a significant difference (T-test at alpha = 0.05).

Old 12-02-2012, 07:34 AM
George Fletcher
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I set out on a mission the early the smorning to find out why the oil pressure switch is leaking oil. After a quick observation that I didn't see the other day. I found a fairly good size puncture in the top of it, right by the threads. A pretty big hole that will most likely require me to get a new one.

Old 12-02-2012, 12:01 PM
Corner Gas
Lead Driver
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Bled the brakes this morning, so now I can stop whenever I want.

Old 12-02-2012, 12:42 PM
1983F1503004x4
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Fixed my clutch linkage.

Old 12-02-2012, 12:43 PM
6fifty_f1fifty
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Got me a pair of tires, now all four match. Two years ago I got a pair of mud terrains (30's) to replace a worn pair (also to help with parking in my mud driveway). Then I had one of the better (old) tires blowout, short on cash I got a pair of 33's from a guy who works at the base auto hobby shop. So for two years I have had 33's in the back and 30's in the front.

Now they all match and I can do some off-roading.

Old 12-04-2012, 09:08 AM
Grubbworm
Cargo Master
I put a set of 2" lift blocks in my rear springs this weekend. I wanted a little more height in the rear when it had a load. I bought new Dorman u-bolts at O'Reilly auto parts that were as thick as the original ones and as long as the ones in the kit. I got the kit some years ago as an open package, on clearance for about $5. I've been wanting to install these for quite a long time, but needed to wait until after I had installed the new front coil springs.

Old 12-04-2012, 09:52 AM
Galendor
Posting Guru

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Grubbworm
I put a set of 2" lift blocks in my rear springs this weekend. I wanted a little more height in the rear when it had a load. I bought new Dorman u-bolts at O'Reilly auto parts that were as thick as the original ones and as long as the ones in the kit. I got the kit some years ago as an open package, on clearance for about $5. I've been wanting to install these for quite a long time, but needed to wait until after I had installed the new front coil springs.
Pics or it didn't happen.

Old 12-04-2012, 10:23 AM
Grubbworm
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by Galendor
Pics or it didn't happen.

I'm not going to take any pictures until I wash my truck after the Dump run that I made yesterday.

Old 12-04-2012, 08:46 PM
FordFETruck
Logistics Pro
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Hooked my oil pressure gauge up, I installed a T so I have two ports for the in dash sender and the mechanical gauge hose, my coil is now crooked to make it fit because of the factory sender being taller but I'm going to swap them both around to fix that.

All that's left to do now with the gauges are the lights.

Old 12-04-2012, 10:19 PM
Gary Lewis
Posting Legend
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by FordFETruck
Hooked my oil pressure gauge up, I installed a T so I have two ports for the in dash sender and the mechanical gauge hose, my coil is now crooked to make it fit because of the factory sender being taller but I'm going to swap them both around to fix that.

All that's left to do now with the gauges are the lights.
I hope your Sunpro lights are brighter than mine. I've gotten the instrument cluster lights up almost to "acceptable", but the ones in the Sunpro gauges are DIM. And, I pulled one out to see what they are so's I could put an LED in to brighten it up and discovered they are soldered to the wire! Hopefully I'll figure out how to replace them with LED's and I'll let you know.

Old 12-04-2012, 10:21 PM
FordFETruck
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by Gary Lewis
I hope your Sunpro lights are brighter than mine. I've gotten the instrument cluster lights up almost to "acceptable", but the ones in the Sunpro gauges are DIM. And, I pulled one out to see what they are so's I could put an LED in to brighten it up and discovered they are soldered to the wire! Hopefully I'll figure out how to replace them with LED's and I'll let you know.
When I get them hooked up I'll get a picture of them at night for you (unlike some people) , I can remove my lights by pushing them down slightly and turning them 1/4 of a turn and they come right out.

Do you have the same gauges that I have or the mini version? I bought the 2" face gauges.

Old 12-04-2012, 10:33 PM
Gary Lewis
Posting Legend
When I get them hooked up I'll get a picture of them at night for you (unlike some people) , I can remove my lights by pushing them down slightly and turning them 1/4 of a turn and they come right out.

Do you have the same gauges that I have or the mini version? I bought the 2" face gauges.
I have the mini version, which explains why your lights are different than mine and your oil pressure and temp needles are a different color.

Old 12-04-2012, 10:34 PM
FordFETruck
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by Gary Lewis
I have the mini version, which explains why your lights are different than mine and your oil pressure and temp needles are a different color.
I saw a picture of yours a while back, but forgot what it looked like exactly, my memory sucks!

Old 12-04-2012, 10:55 PM
Gary Lewis
Posting Legend
I saw a picture of yours a while back, but forgot what it looked like exactly, my memory sucks!
I think my memory used to be better, but I really don't remember.

Quick Reply: What have you done to your truck today?