1980 - 1986 Bullnose F100, F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Early Eighties Bullnose Ford Truck

What have you done to your truck today?

Old 09-26-2012, 09:23 AM
Gary Lewis
Posting Legend
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by truckertrav
It is nice to know that there are STILL some people around that CARE..

BTW, Gary, I'm still listening for the sound of a V8 Ford motor...
Actually, I was being ..... sarcastic. The phrase "he doesn't give a crap" suggests he cares very, very little about it - as much as crap is worth. To say "he gives a crap" should, then, mean essentially the same - he cares up to the value of crap.

Listen closely, today may be the day - if I quit typing.

Old 09-26-2012, 09:41 AM
truckertrav
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Gary Lewis
Actually, I was being ..... sarcastic. The phrase "he doesn't give a crap" suggests he cares very, very little about it - as much as crap is worth. To say "he gives a crap" should, then, mean essentially the same - he cares up to the value of crap.

Listen closely, today may be the day - if I quit typing.
I took it wrong..
Must have been udder confusion on my part as I was watching a movie..

Gotta go....Later..Trav..

Old 09-26-2012, 10:52 AM
Anafiel
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by truckertrav
I took it wrong..
Must have been udder confusion on my part as I was watching a movie..

Gotta go....Later..Trav..

Udder?

You live on a farm?

Attached Images  
Old 09-26-2012, 12:36 PM
86fordtruck
Elder User
Originally Posted by Anafiel
Udder?

You live on a farm?
Awesome! Loved the picture - it gave a chuckle. Reps to ya'.

Old 09-26-2012, 02:17 PM
Rogue_Wulff
Post Fiend
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Haven't done much to any of my vehicles. Loaned out the Mazda truck over the weekend, buddy was moving, and that truck can haul MUCH more than a Subaru. As such, I got to drive the subaru a bit, and got a little more familiar with the boost and drive-by-wire systems. Handy, since I'll be driving that very car at the SCCA Rallcross Nationals in just over a week.
The Nissan truck I got rid of last year broke down quite a while back. It done exactly what I them it would do, eventually. Timing chain rubbed a hole thru a water passage in the timing cover. They are paying me to fix it, and providing all the parts. Well, they are actually paying my entry fee for the Rallycross Nationals, which is what I was going to do with the money anyways.....
Got that tore apart yesterday, but the replacement timing cover won't be in till tomorrow. Gonna be a busy time for me the next 10 days or so. I love it.

Old 09-26-2012, 04:33 PM
Fordzilla80
Postmaster
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Well, for the last few days I've been battling a pretty nasty cold. Today finally brought some relief, and it looks like I'm at the tail end.

Today I received an unexpected surprise via an awesome fellow member, as well as USPS.

The below pictures show my new to me 1980-1981 Transfer Case shift lever.

On the left is the 80-81 lever, and on the right is a 1982-1986 lever.

Installed on the transfer case:

I still need to find a shift ****, but that's only cosmetic stuff.

Old 09-26-2012, 04:58 PM
blucollar4xford
Elder User

83 300-6; intake/exhaust manifold off, Clifford 6=8 intake, Holley 2bbl, late model exhaust manifolds and walker y-pipe installed. Looks like a polished turd!!! (love it!)

Old 09-26-2012, 05:22 PM
TheKirbyMan
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Fordzilla80
Well, phone call went well. There isn't as much red tape as I thought, and there's a good chance I can keep the truck.

Now for the problem.

Back in 2008 when I bought this truck, I was 15 years old. I couldn't have a vehicle in my name, so the truck was put in my dad's name. Or, so I thought. I randomly decided to try and find some more info on the truck last night, including where it came from. It turns out that the original owner of my truck passed away in 2009. Luckily, the truck wasn't in his name, it was in his son's, so the truck is free and clear from any estates.

After reading that, I decided to do a motor vehicle check on the Florida DMV website. Upon searching the VIN, I found that there was a stop on the title of the truck. This is when my heart sunk. I decided to dig up the title of the truck, to see if the actual title was alright. I finally found it in a box in my garage. Upon inspecting it, I found that my dad never signed the title. He never did anything about the truck, he just left it like it is.

So technically, I don't own the truck. It's still in the sellers name. The seller signed the title, but that's it. I did find a bill of sale from the purchase, but it was signed by the seller's girlfriend, and not the seller, so it's more than likely null and void. It wasn't notarized either, which makes it even more worthless. So all I have now is a title with the seller's signature on the sale portion.

I called the DMV to see if they could give me any info on why there is a stop on the title. The DMV employee looked up the vin, and said that the truck itself had no stop on the title, and that it was more than likely a stop on any vehicle and license activity by the seller.

Now, the red tape is still up. I'm not really sure if the seller can technically sell a vehicle with a stop on his info. Even though I have a bill of sale, it's not signed by the seller, so it's probably null and void. There isn't really any date proof of when the truck was sold, unless they'll accept the bill of sale I have. In Florida, all I need to transfer the title is the signed title, proof of liability insurance, and about $250.

If the seller can legally still sell a vehicle, then I should be okay. If for some reason he can't due to the stop, then a great big can of worms opens up and devours all of my hopes.

It's just a whole potpourri of legal crap that I have to go through just to get the truck in my name. I'm just hoping it turns out for the better.

Thanks for the well wishes guys.
I understand exactly how you feel.

I bought a 1995 Cherokee from my aunt this year, and I got it knowing that there were some issues surrounding the title. "It'll be easy," I thought, thinking it'd just be a little time and paperwork then I'd have the title.

Nope! The bank they used in Illinois when they lived there had the title after they got a loan against it, and the bank lost it over the years. It's paid off and clear but it's lost.

It's been months and it's still parked in my driveway. My aunt is at a standstill on the papers because they're asking if she's being sued (she is...long story), and she doesn't want to put Yes because she's afraid they'll come get the Jeep and she doesn't want to put No because it'd be perjury. So we're stuck right now.

But....I have a couple options. I can either file for lost title as though it's already in my name, or I can send a sort of certified letter (not sure what it's called, a friend mentioned this method to me) to my aunt, and if after I send three letters and get three notifications that they've all been received, but she doesn't actually respond, then my friend said that I can go pick up a brand new title in my name. Sort of like an abandoned vehicle deal.

He said that a transmission shop he used to work at did that all the time when people would leave vehicles and never pick them up.

Or you could try my -other- approach....graft in a different VIN from another vehicle. If you're good with paint then no one would ever know... lol

Old 09-26-2012, 06:27 PM
Boss351Bronco88
Senior User
Originally Posted by BAMAFAN2169
My truck is an 82 F150, manual transmission 4X4, 351W stock engine "rebuilt", and I am using the vacuum advance not the mechanical advance. I have the MSD box wired up with the hot wire going to the original coil positive, the battery cables hooked up, and a MSD distributor that just plugs into the cord coming from the harness as well as the orange wire going to the positive side of the coil and the black to the negative. Last night I tried to crank it to mess with the timing some more and now it doesn't even seem to be getting spark at all. Are all MSD ignitions this hard to work with?
I'm running a full MSD setup on my Bronco with a 358w. And it works great. Why are you not using the mechanical advance as well? I am, I have it so I have full advance at around 3000rpm. Now, Do you have the bigger black and red wires running direct to the battery? A strange thing with my old MSD 6A box. I actually had to run a ground wire from the body of the box to the truck body for it to work.

Cold starts improved, the overall driving performance, and gas mileage increased for me when I went over to it.

Old 09-26-2012, 06:33 PM
newrider3
Elder User
Originally Posted by Gary Lewis

You're reading a little to far into it man...

Old 09-26-2012, 06:52 PM
Fordzilla80
Postmaster
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by newrider3
You're reading a little to far into it man...
I'm personally expecting an 8-page micro-analysis on the theory of "giving a crap".

Old 09-26-2012, 07:37 PM
Rogue_Wulff
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by TheKirbyMan
I understand exactly how you feel.

I bought a 1995 Cherokee from my aunt this year, and I got it knowing that there were some issues surrounding the title. "It'll be easy," I thought, thinking it'd just be a little time and paperwork then I'd have the title.

Nope! The bank they used in Illinois when they lived there had the title after they got a loan against it, and the bank lost it over the years. It's paid off and clear but it's lost.

It's been months and it's still parked in my driveway. My aunt is at a standstill on the papers because they're asking if she's being sued (she is...long story), and she doesn't want to put Yes because she's afraid they'll come get the Jeep and she doesn't want to put No because it'd be perjury. So we're stuck right now.

But....I have a couple options. I can either file for lost title as though it's already in my name, or I can send a sort of certified letter (not sure what it's called, a friend mentioned this method to me) to my aunt, and if after I send three letters and get three notifications that they've all been received, but she doesn't actually respond, then my friend said that I can go pick up a brand new title in my name. Sort of like an abandoned vehicle deal.

He said that a transmission shop he used to work at did that all the time when people would leave vehicles and never pick them up.

Or you could try my -other- approach....graft in a different VIN from another vehicle. If you're good with paint then no one would ever know... lol
I don't know how it works in any other state, but in Oklahoma anyone can file a "mechanic/storage lien" (AKA Title 42) against a vehicle, which gives them the legal authority to sell it, or whatever they want.
The requirements are:
Be in your possesion 30 days minimum.
Send a certified letter (notice of sale) to the registered owner(s) and any/all lien holders. Sale date cannot be less than 10 days following the mailing date of the NOS letter(s).
Post 3 public notices of the impending sale.

If they don't claim it and settle any balance due, you can legally sell it to anyone. Mail in all the paperwork to the state, and 3-7 weeks later it will be returned after processing. The buyer then takes that packet to a tag office, pays the fees, and gets a title issued in their name without any liens remaining.

I've bought 2 vehicles from a towing yard that were impounded and never claimed. The RX7 and B2300 listed in my sig. Paid $500 for the car and $700 for the truck. Aside from waiting for the paperwork to be processed and returned, no other issues. Previous owners never transfered titles, nor updated tags. Therefore, they couldn't claim them at the storage yard. Their loss, my gain.
The RX7 had been registered in Texas. That one took a bit more effort for the seller to get all the required info back from the state of Texas.

Just food for thought.....

Old 09-26-2012, 07:39 PM
Boss351Bronco88
Senior User
Originally Posted by Fordzilla80
I'm personally expecting an 8-page micro-analysis on the theory of "giving a crap".

Can we get a Power Point presentation as well? I would like bar graphs, a financial impact chart for the next 5 years, and lots of pictures and big 2 dollar words!

Old 09-26-2012, 07:41 PM
Rogue_Wulff
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Boss351Bronco88
Can we get a Power Point presentation as well? I would like bar graphs, a financial impact chart for the next 5 years, and lots of pictures and big 2 dollar words!
Power point? That some kind of new ammo?

Old 09-26-2012, 08:41 PM
truckertrav
Elder User
Originally Posted by Anafiel
Udder?

You live on a farm?
Very much so..5 miles to the nearest oil-top road..Lots of gravel and rocks and hills...Check out the community of Alamo,Ar..Trav..

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What have you done to your truck today?