Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air conditioning issue

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2010, 10:01 PM
oldbiker
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Air conditioning issue

When my A/C is on normal it blows hot air onto the passenger floorboard...This can't be normal,or is it.. I know that it is supposed to pull in outside air... but man oh man it is hot...blowing straight down...I never knew this before as I was always the one behind the wheel...when I turn it to "max" it does not stop completely but is bearable and the truck cools down better..as it should.. I suppose??

Old 10-23-2010, 12:16 PM
timbersteel
Logistics Pro
Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts
It sould like the Blend door isn't actuating correctly. When you set the A/C to Normal, it's not circulating air through the cab, but from the outside. MAX means it's just cycling air from within the cab. My guess is that the blend door closing from the heater core has malfunctioned and is letting the fan from the blower to blow hot air instead of the cold air. It is only getting better since the MAX setting closes the air off from the outside.

You will need to visually inspect the cable and the blender door. There are some screws under the glove box i believe that will allow you access to the blending door. Check for cracks and also if the cable if moving correctly.