Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Small Chassis Trucks > Explorer, Sport Trac, Mountaineer & Aviator
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Explorer, Sport Trac, Mountaineer & Aviator 1991-1994, 1995-2001, 2002-2005, 2006-2010 Ford Explorer

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-01-2010, 12:41 PM
Junior User

tapper95 is starting off with a positive reputation.
So.............. Now that I know which part I am looking at, and found no voltage, I checked the fuse block, I don't have the manual with the diagram, so I was just using a flashlight to visually check if the fuse had blown... found a 15 amp mini fuse that was blown... got a replacement.... and EVERYTHING IS GOOD!!!!! Just took the truck on a test drive... No hesitation, no stalling, runs great... cleared the codes... no codes came back... all over a friggin's fuse...

Now I have to do a little research and find out what fuse that was...
Old 12-01-2010, 02:26 PM
New User

jsmorris is starting off with a positive reputation.
I went over all of my fuses and was missing a couple, but neither of them seemed to be logical. What was the fuse number? Was it on the side of the dash or in the power distribution block? Try page 189-194 of this manual. This should be the same as your '99, it is the same as my '00.

Now I'm curious to know what voltage you have on the two wires in running and non-running key-ON conditions to see if mine agrees with yours.

Great to hear that it is fixed, and A+ for posting up after you found the problem. So many posts on here never have a resolution at the end.

Last edited by jsmorris; 12-01-2010 at 05:18 PM. Reason: mistyped the page number
Old 09-27-2011, 05:02 PM
New User

jkippax is starting off with a positive reputation.
Help. I am having this same issue. I have checked my fuses and thats not it. My engine sputter when I accelerate. Has anyone been able to detemine the primary issue? Where would you recommend I pull apart next. Mechanic next door told me to change the oxygen sensor before the catl.... I did and that didnt help.
Old 10-01-2011, 05:51 PM
Postmaster

Moto Mel has a great reputation on FTE.Moto Mel has a great reputation on FTE.Moto Mel has a great reputation on FTE.Moto Mel has a great reputation on FTE.Moto Mel has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkippax View Post
Help. I am having this same issue. I have checked my fuses and thats not it. My engine sputter when I accelerate. Has anyone been able to detemine the primary issue? Where would you recommend I pull apart next. Mechanic next door told me to change the oxygen sensor before the catl.... I did and that didnt help.
Check at the cannister for damaged wires, I had the same problem and found that the squirrels were eating the wires. I took the wires from an Expedition I'm parting out and did the repair for nothing and when I finished I wiped down all of the wires under my truck with Tobasco Sauce. Squirrels don't like Tobasco Sauce.
Old 02-01-2014, 10:53 PM
Junior User

blakeusa is starting off with a positive reputation.
Fues For EVAP?

Noted in this post is a fuse that controls or is in the circuit for the EVAP solenoid.

Can anyone advise.
Old 02-02-2014, 09:34 AM
Postmaster

shorod has a good reputation on FTE.shorod has a good reputation on FTE.shorod has a good reputation on FTE.
At least for the 4.0L OHV engine, the Canister Vent Solenoid fuse is fuse #13 (15A mini) in the Battery Junction Box.

-Rod
Old 02-02-2014, 09:34 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Small Chassis Trucks > Explorer, Sport Trac, Mountaineer & Aviator

Tags
1999, 40, 99, canister, charcoal, code, e150, evap, expedition, explorer, ford, p1451, solenoid, solonoid, system, vent