Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-Atlantic Region > Maryland Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?


Maryland Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: jr32560

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!





 
Reply
 
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 10-19-2010, 09:13 AM
2cylguy's Avatar
2cylguy 2cylguy is online now
Senior User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Mount Airy, Md
Posts: 204
2cylguy is starting off with a positive reputation.
Diesel Shop in Mont., Fred., Howard Co???

I don't have the time or space to work on my truck or I would. So does anyone have a truck mechanic that knows these trucks and is honest and doesn't charge an arm and a leg? I just want it scoped, a general check over before winter gets here. Thanks in advance. Tom
__________________
Tom Smith
99.5, SC, 7.3 PSD, DRW, AT, 4:10 rear, 6637, Pete's filter cover, Isspro EV2 gauges, LED GPR Mod.
1981 Corvette
1957 Chevy 4 Dr. Wagon
4-6 Misc. Antique John Deere Tractors
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-19-2010, 05:06 PM
BPofMD's Avatar
BPofMD BPofMD is offline
Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Millersville, MD
Posts: 31,345
BPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputation
I use Apple Ford in Columbia...but then my truck is still under warranty.
__________________
BPofMD - Bud - USN-Actively Retired
2005 F250 PSD 4X4 LB Crew-cab Arizona Beige / Blue Spring / Gauges / Coolant Filter / SG-II / Peragon Bed Cover/ P/S Filter/ MAG-HYTEC differential cover/

2007 Arctic Fox 30' Fifth Wheel
2012 VW Passat SE TDI - SG-II (An ALL-DIESEL family)
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-19-2010, 07:52 PM
2cylguy's Avatar
2cylguy 2cylguy is online now
Senior User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Mount Airy, Md
Posts: 204
2cylguy is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thanks, but I am trying to stay away from the dealerships.
__________________
Tom Smith
99.5, SC, 7.3 PSD, DRW, AT, 4:10 rear, 6637, Pete's filter cover, Isspro EV2 gauges, LED GPR Mod.
1981 Corvette
1957 Chevy 4 Dr. Wagon
4-6 Misc. Antique John Deere Tractors
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-04-2011, 10:02 AM
cmalinowski's Avatar
cmalinowski cmalinowski is offline
Junior User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Columbia, MD
Posts: 58
cmalinowski is starting off with a positive reputation.
I am resurrecting this thread instead of starting a new one. I purchased my new-to-me 2008 F250 SD PSD from Apple Ford. I was wondering what people thought of their diesel service department.

I am trying to find a good, trustworthy diesel mechanic. Mike at Apple seems like a real nice guy, but I don't know diesels well enough to know whether he is competent or not.

Thanks,
Chris
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-04-2011, 11:16 AM
dustybumpers's Avatar
dustybumpers dustybumpers is online now
Brain dead
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: In my own world
Posts: 52,030
dustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputation
Mike is simply the service ADVISOR!!! Use your knowledge in anything he tells you. The actual diesel mech is really good!!!
__________________
Charlie slackmaster #26
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboywanabe View Post
Yes I do... I've been told on several occasions I should be on happy pills to make it possible for someone to live with me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67nukeford View Post
Rob would probably hurt himself just being in the same room with tools.....LOL
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-04-2011, 11:17 AM
dustybumpers's Avatar
dustybumpers dustybumpers is online now
Brain dead
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: In my own world
Posts: 52,030
dustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputation
Bud is here with me...he says to do whatever you can do yourself like oil changes, to do yourself. They charge too much for the simple stuff......
__________________
Charlie slackmaster #26
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboywanabe View Post
Yes I do... I've been told on several occasions I should be on happy pills to make it possible for someone to live with me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67nukeford View Post
Rob would probably hurt himself just being in the same room with tools.....LOL
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-04-2011, 06:36 PM
MD05's Avatar
MD05 MD05 is offline
Senior User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 144
MD05 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmalinowski View Post
I am resurrecting this thread instead of starting a new one. I purchased my new-to-me 2008 F250 SD PSD from Apple Ford. I was wondering what people thought of their diesel service department.

I am trying to find a good, trustworthy diesel mechanic. Mike at Apple seems like a real nice guy, but I don't know diesels well enough to know whether he is competent or not.

Thanks,
Chris
These rig are pretty simple to maintain if you have mechanical skills ( Nothing Fancy) and a few tool. Filters need to be changed on a regular basis along with the oil, do remember that there are two fuel filter one on the engine and one on the frame. the latter is messy to change.

Air filter if stock is a 75000 mile change, keep tabs on fluids. tha tis the simple stuff and it will run well.

Problems can be diagnosted via a variety of scan tools onthe market. This will only tell you a part truth finding the actual problem may be more dificult. Dealers... finding a good one is tough. I have had great luck with a shop in Leonardtown MD. the service manager and writer know their stuff and want their customers to be happy, but it you treat them like crap all bets are off. their mechanics do a good job. Some of the work on these things requires the cab to come off that I would rather take to a dealer.

My two cents from the cheap seats.

Cheers.
__________________
'08 450 King Ranch
Few Mods with a few to go.....
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-05-2011, 12:15 PM
2cylguy's Avatar
2cylguy 2cylguy is online now
Senior User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Mount Airy, Md
Posts: 204
2cylguy is starting off with a positive reputation.
Responding to my own post. I had my truck checked out and everything was fine. So with the money I didn't spend on any repairs I made the call to Clay and ordered a guage kit, HPX, and an AE Kit. I will now not have to depend on a dealer for my information. Hopefully I will be able to eventually help out a fellow member that doesnt have an AE when they need it.
__________________
Tom Smith
99.5, SC, 7.3 PSD, DRW, AT, 4:10 rear, 6637, Pete's filter cover, Isspro EV2 gauges, LED GPR Mod.
1981 Corvette
1957 Chevy 4 Dr. Wagon
4-6 Misc. Antique John Deere Tractors
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-09-2011, 07:26 PM
jetdoc's Avatar
jetdoc jetdoc is offline
Postmaster
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Pasadena, Maryland
Posts: 2,522
jetdoc is a splendid one to beholdjetdoc is a splendid one to beholdjetdoc is a splendid one to beholdjetdoc is a splendid one to beholdjetdoc is a splendid one to beholdjetdoc is a splendid one to beholdjetdoc is a splendid one to behold
Duncan Tuley
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cylguy View Post
Responding to my own post. I had my truck checked out and everything was fine. So with the money I didn't spend on any repairs I made the call to Clay and ordered a guage kit, HPX, and an AE Kit. I will now not have to depend on a dealer for my information. Hopefully I will be able to eventually help out a fellow member that doesnt have an AE when they need it.
If you need help it's just a PM away!
__________________
99.5 F-350 PSD 6-speed The bicycles in the bed are worth more than the truck.
http://www.strava.com/athletes/843677

https://www.youtube.com/user/jetdocbwi?feature=mhee
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-10-2011, 07:48 AM
cmalinowski's Avatar
cmalinowski cmalinowski is offline
Junior User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Columbia, MD
Posts: 58
cmalinowski is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dustybumpers View Post
Mike is simply the service ADVISOR!!! Use your knowledge in anything he tells you. The actual diesel mech is really good!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MD05 View Post
These rig are pretty simple to maintain if you have mechanical skills ( Nothing Fancy) and a few tool. Filters need to be changed on a regular basis along with the oil, do remember that there are two fuel filter one on the engine and one on the frame. the latter is messy to change.

Air filter if stock is a 75000 mile change, keep tabs on fluids. tha tis the simple stuff and it will run well.

Problems can be diagnosted via a variety of scan tools onthe market. This will only tell you a part truth finding the actual problem may be more dificult. Dealers... finding a good one is tough. I have had great luck with a shop in Leonardtown MD. the service manager and writer know their stuff and want their customers to be happy, but it you treat them like crap all bets are off. their mechanics do a good job. Some of the work on these things requires the cab to come off that I would rather take to a dealer.

My two cents from the cheap seats.

Cheers.
Thanks for the info guys. I have to find out who the diesel mech is and try to get on his good side.
__________________
2008 F250 SD 6.4l PSD, SB
Purchased used with 22k miles 12/31/10
Pretty stock, no tuner or anything... yet.
AutoPage remote start
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 02-11-2011, 09:41 AM
cmalinowski's Avatar
cmalinowski cmalinowski is offline
Junior User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Columbia, MD
Posts: 58
cmalinowski is starting off with a positive reputation.
I did attend a "new owners clinic" over at Apple Ford last night for about an hour. It wasn't terribly informative, but confirmed that Mike is the Diesel Advisor. Allan was the one who talked to us and kind of gave us an overview of quicklane and other benefits of Apple Ford.

One thing I did get out of it is that Allan said that they will match any price for tires from any source. He said that used to be TireRack.com, but now there are other websites with low prices. I don't know if this applies only to people that purchased there and are part of the "customer for life" or to everyone. Seemed like a decent deal to me, but I haven't shopped for tires lately. I did look and my 20" tires are going to be expensive

Chris
__________________
2008 F250 SD 6.4l PSD, SB
Purchased used with 22k miles 12/31/10
Pretty stock, no tuner or anything... yet.
AutoPage remote start
Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 09:41 AM
 
 
 
Reply

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-Atlantic Region > Maryland Chapter

Tags
apple, county, diesel, ford, howard, maryland, repair, service, shop

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7 AC1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Advertising - Terms of Use - Privacy Statement - Jobs
This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. FordŽ is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company.

vbulletin Admin Backup