Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > New England Region > Massachusetts Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Massachusetts Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: donjamer

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-18-2010, 09:47 AM
New User

virtualbong is starting off with a positive reputation.
Please recommend a lenient inspection station (Burlington, MA area)

So I just picked up a used 1999 Ford Ranger last week and I had it registered today, but when I went to go get it inspected, even before I went in to tell them that I wanted to get inspected, a guy walks out of the garage and tells me that there is no way it would pass. He says that the front bumper is missing its valance so there are sharp edges showing up and then he supposedly knows that the power steering is messed up (not sure how, but it definitely has power steering because it is not tough to turn the wheel) so he would not pass me on the inspection. He did tell me before I went through it so there is no failed inspection sticker on it which was nice of him. I was wondering if someone knew of a more lenient place to get my truck inspected. Any help on this would be appreciated.

WIL

btw. you can PM directly. Thank you!
Old 10-18-2010, 12:27 PM
So Little To Say!!!

BIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputation
Sorry Wil...I'm no help.

Welcome to FTE......why not join the MA Chapter while you're checking things out here???

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!!!
Old 10-19-2010, 05:59 PM
Elder User

c4barnes is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.c4barnes is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
A lenient station is likely not lenient for long. A station I talked to this summer (not a "lenient" one) said that it's getting pretty hard to slack. For all the hassle you'll have in finding one, it's probably easier just to hit up the junk yard. Jack's in Billerica has quite a few Rangers I noticed.

Just curious, what are the ramifications of failing an inspection? Do you not get it reinspected for free once fixed, or is there another set of hoops you have to jump through in addition to just getting the problem fixed?
Old 10-20-2010, 12:42 PM
So Little To Say!!!

BIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputation
I believe you get one free re-inspection at the station that issued the rejection. An emission failure allows you to continue to drive the vehicle...a safety failure means that you can not drive the vehicle.

Old 12-13-2010, 04:38 PM
Junior User

sexybluelady is starting off with a positive reputation.
eh I always have the same problem and I'm always on top of my cars, people look at my truck then see this 5 foot 5 girl hop out of it and give me a list of BS on how it won't pass without even looking it through. Ma is a pain for getting a vehicle inspected.
At the end of this month I'm going to have another hard time finding a sticker for my truck, not looking forward to it.
1981 suzuki gn400 bobber, cut, lowered custom frame
1985 suzuki gs550 bobber for sale!!
NEED AXLE OUTTER PASSENGER FOR 88 RANGER
Old 12-14-2010, 07:03 AM
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexybluelady View Post
eh I always have the same problem and I'm always on top of my cars, people look at my truck then see this 5 foot 5 girl hop out of it and give me a list of BS on how it won't pass without even looking it through. Ma is a pain for getting a vehicle inspected.
At the end of this month I'm going to have another hard time finding a sticker for my truck, not looking forward to it.
Really? I didn't think it was that tough but maybe it's because you live out in western mass. Hell...if its that bad, you may just want to have a male friend come with you. The good thing is that they tell you before they charge you up and print out a rejection sticker.

I went to a place in Boston instead of where I live and got through just fine
Old 12-14-2010, 11:53 AM
Junior User

haha nope I've tried that and it went worse, I'm the monkey wrench queen got my ASE and been through working at stealships under my belt. My "guy" friends come to me to get there ride fixed.
I'm going to try to put on my stocker tires and see how it goes this year...when I fab up my full body cage I can image how much fun it's going to be to get a sticker then...
Old 12-14-2010, 12:12 PM
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexybluelady View Post
haha nope I've tried that and it went worse, I'm the monkey wrench queen got my ASE and been through working at stealships under my belt. My "guy" friends come to me to get there ride fixed.
I'm going to try to put on my stocker tires and see how it goes this year...when I fab up my full body cage I can image how much fun it's going to be to get a sticker then...
In that case, I may need to hire you for some work on my truck in the next few years
Old 12-14-2010, 12:18 PM
Junior User

hell swing by east springfield If I'm not there I'm either at school or in noho (northampton). ^_^
Old 12-14-2010, 01:15 PM
So Little To Say!!!

Hey Sexy...you've reached the 25 post threshold...you can now create a signature...include your first name in it...unless you would rather just be called sexy!!!

Have you joined the chapter yet??? If not...take a second to do so now...no cost or obligation.

Old 12-14-2010, 01:15 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > New England Region > Massachusetts Chapter

Tags
01803, burlington, diesel, ford, inspection, lenient, ma, mass, massachusetts, sale, station, stations, sticker, stickers, trucks