Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Small Chassis Trucks > Escape & Escape Hybrid
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Escape & Escape Hybrid Ford Escape, Ford Escape Hybrid, Mercury Mariner, Mazda Tribute

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-15-2010, 01:57 PM
New User

flaredfx4 is starting off with a positive reputation.
intake gasket replacement questions

I'm getting ready to replace the upper and lower intake gaskets on my 2001 3.0L due to a suspected vacuum leak and had a few questions. What other sensors or parts should also be changed when everything is off? At 135,000mi all that has been done that i'm sure of is a couple front coils, and the pcv rubber line. I do have a new coils in the garage so maybe I'll change the back ones. Any special instructions or tips for the gaskets? I didn't find any write-ups when I searched. Thanks
Old 10-16-2010, 07:43 AM
Post Fiend

npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.
It's fairly easy to do. I would replace the spark plugs in the back since that requires removing the upper half of the intake manifold too. If you have a good phone or digital camera take pictures so that you get everything back in the right place. It only takes about 2 hours (or less) to do. I got the gasket set at AZ for $8.

R.I.P. SteveBricks. A friend you always were and ever shall be.

Tim
Old 10-16-2010, 08:21 AM
New User

flaredfx4 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Sounds good, i'll tackle it on monday. Are the oem MC plugs what people usually go with, or is there a better option? I noticed some are replacing the ect sensor when the intake is off, is that necessary?
Old 10-29-2010, 02:28 AM
Posting Guru

bmuhlbach is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.bmuhlbach is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
heres a great how to.I like Motorcraft or Autolite plugs
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/45...ark-plugs.html
Old 10-29-2010, 02:28 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Small Chassis Trucks > Escape & Escape Hybrid

Tags
2001, 2003, 30, change, escape, f150, ford, gasket, gaskets, intake, lower, mazda, replacement, sport, trac, trucks