arctic y block
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Right on Ex

Old 10-19-2010, 08:46 PM
Skip1970
Hotshot
Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts
u should just total it and then buy it back or just total it and go shopping for a different one, sometimes gremlins pop up after a wreck, and a carfax will deffinatly make it less valuable and you seem to buy / sell them allot. so either total and keep and fix or total and find different one.

Old 10-19-2010, 09:04 PM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue

Received 128 Likes on 43 Posts
i bought this one to keep it! i dont want to go shopping again. theres nothing that fits as a comparable replacment. theres no limiteds, under 121k miles, not beat to death or asking way too much money.

all the work done has a lifetime warrenty so if there is an issue it will be fixed.

i spent all weekend looking for another Ex that even slightly peaked my interest. one did but it has 140k miles which i dont want.

i did not cause they wreck, i should not have to loose my truck over it. and i'll fight them the whole way.

i do not wanted it toatled as that will give it a rebuilt title. theres no reason it should not keep its clean title.

Old 10-19-2010, 09:31 PM
Skip1970
Hotshot
Originally Posted by AlaskanEx
i bought this one to keep it! i dont want to go shopping again. theres nothing that fits as a comparable replacment. theres no limiteds, under 121k miles, not beat to death or asking way too much money.

all the work done has a lifetime warrenty so if there is an issue it will be fixed.

i spent all weekend looking for another Ex that even slightly peaked my interest. one did but it has 140k miles which i dont want.

i did not cause they wreck, i should not have to loose my truck over it. and i'll fight them the whole way.

i do not wanted it toatled as that will give it a rebuilt title. theres no reason it should not keep its clean title.

either way its going to be less valuable due to an accident with that much damage, i would watch their work at the body shop and make sure all parts are genuine ford, trust me, i had the same thing happen to me, and all the work they did on the truck looked good, but was falling apart a year after it was done, including the paint falling off.

carfax is a great thing, unless your trying to sell a vehicle, because if somone sees that it was in a accident they start to get cold feet on buying.

Old 10-19-2010, 10:43 PM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue

the shop doing it has a lifetime warrenty on all work, that is if i let them do it. if they do try to total it i'm going to have it taken to a shop i know the owner of and have been family friends for years for a second opinion.

i could do all of it besides the frame fix. i could do the core cupport, header panal, radiator, condensor, hood, fender, paint...ect

the damage really is not that bad, i'm still waiting on seeing a itomized list of a est. there price seems OUTRAGIOUS IMO i think i could do it for 1/4 of that price.

we shall see what happends, i can tell you this by then end of it they wont like me.

btw the truck books for more then i paid for it anyhow, so i'm not worried about resale..period.

Old 10-19-2010, 10:45 PM
Skip1970
Hotshot
the shop doing it has a lifetime warrenty on all work, that is if i let them do it. if they do try to total it i'm going to have it taken to a shop i know the owner of and have been family friends for years for a second opinion.

i could do all of it besides the frame fix. i could do the core cupport, header panal, radiator, condensor, hood, fender, paint...ect

the damage really is not that bad, i'm still waiting on seeing a itomized list of a est. there price seems OUTRAGIOUS IMO i think i could do it for 1/4 of that price.

we shall see what happends, i can tell you this by then end of it they wont like me.

btw the truck books for more then i paid for it anyhow, so i'm not worried about resale..period.

if you do it yoruself pocket the money and pay for just the things you cant do, this might be the time to upgrade to the xcode springs too you did on the other one.

Old 10-19-2010, 10:50 PM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue

problem is i dont have time, and honestly dont feel i should have to do it myself.

so either they fix it, or offer me alot of money its going to go one way or another lol.

Old 10-19-2010, 10:53 PM
Skip1970
Hotshot
problem is i dont have time, and honestly dont feel i should have to do it myself.

so either they fix it, or offer me alot of money its going to go one way or another lol.
whats it blue book at in average condition?

let them have it, i wouldnt mind picking it up from the auction to fix.

Old 10-19-2010, 10:59 PM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue

i blue booked it retail at $10,730. the bodyshop guy said they were told it was vauled somewhere close to that. so that right there tells me they are going to repair it, come hell or high water i'll make sure it happends. i mean its either pay me 11k or spend 8k to fix it...why not go the cheaper route?

worst case i will buy it back and buy another excursion also. but i dont want to think that way right now.

Old 10-19-2010, 11:01 PM
Skip1970
Hotshot
i blue booked it retail at $10,730. the bodyshop guy said they were told it was vauled somewhere close to that. so that right there tells me they are going to repair it, come hell or high water i'll make sure it happends. i mean its either pay me 11k or spend 8k to fix it...why not go the cheaper route?

worst case i will buy it back and buy another excursion also. but i dont want to think that way right now.

some insurance places wont let you buy it back, you might wanna ask them, they consider that fraud.

Old 10-19-2010, 11:17 PM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue

they allready offered buy back. because as she said its my truck and my title in my hand.

Old 10-19-2010, 11:20 PM
Skip1970
Hotshot
if you buy back it will be about 4000$ or 75% of its value before the accident between dealer trade in price and retail, and they will take the title and give you back a salvage title, this will cause your insurance to be higher also, i have one vehicle with a salvage title and it was hard to get insurance for it.

something to think about.

Old 10-19-2010, 11:44 PM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue

actualy they allready gave me a figure of around $1500 buyback. rebuilt titles are not a big deal my insurance lady said it would not change my rates at all.(been through this with another truck its really a non-issue as the dmv doesnt even do a inspection)

but from everything i've heard so far, i'm pretty sure its going to be repaired and my title will never leave my hand, clean.

Old 10-19-2010, 11:45 PM
Skip1970
Hotshot
that is the best way clean title and repaired as long as you inspect it good upon delivery and the paintjob and mechanical repairs are lifetime warrenty that would leave you better off then before you got into a accident.

Old 10-19-2010, 11:47 PM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue

my thoughts exactly, i'm not asking much honestly. i just want it in the condition it was 5 mins before the wreck.

you can bet i'll be going over it with a fine tooth comb.

the fuel gauge issue has me puzzled, i'm thinking the float must have gotton stuck.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Totaled - pics