Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Totaled - pics

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2010, 09:56 AM
Monsta
Sit. Stay.

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
No airbag deployment?? What speed do you recon y'all hit at?

The whole front frame section is bolted on and is easily replaced. Depending on the Blue Book value I doubt it would be totalled.

Old 10-16-2010, 11:41 AM
Diamond-X
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's unfortunate. I hope you are OK and that the pain is only temporary.

Good for you for driving one of the safest vehicles on the road! This right here is the main reason I drive one, that and my 5 kids.

The other party is extremely lucky!

Old 10-16-2010, 12:39 PM
EXMAN123
Junior User
Hope you're feeling better with your meds

Being in the insurance biz....That is going to be a close call on whether they total her out or not. There's probably alot of hidden dmg's that the pixs are letting us see.

Very fixable though!

Glad your OK!

Old 10-16-2010, 02:27 PM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue

Received 128 Likes on 43 Posts
i was going 30 to 35mph and we are not sure how fast she was going ash she had just taken off but she claims she was still on the gas when the impact happend.

all of her side airbags and front airbags went off, neither of mine did. i dont find this too odd though as since it was not a full frontal impact. sam thing happend with my dad in his '95 chevy blazer he t-boned a '01 expedition at 50mph and none of his airbags went off, but the whole frontend was pushed over to the right much like mine is. that truck was black also come to think of it lol

i'm going to try and get some detailed pics today of the damage and get the hood open to get a look at that.

Old 10-16-2010, 03:12 PM
jdadamsjr
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
WOW, no airbag ?!?! makes u wonder... but I've seen what a 300 mph deployment can do if it hits you wrong...

take care of yourself and don't worry about it for now.. you are in the 'drivers seat'
If they decide to total it, tell them to find u a comparable EX....

given they are hard to find, they may realize the worth of the vehicle...and you always have the right to refuse what they find....

I had a unique car a while back that got totaled and I told them find me one...
they did, I looked at it, but it wasn't near as clean as mine.... took a little longer in the rental, but they found a nicer one and ended up offering a lot more money...

Old 10-16-2010, 03:14 PM
Alex7191
Junior User
thats terrible. hope you recover and get everything straightened out soon

Old 10-16-2010, 03:33 PM
cbradford
Fleet Owner

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Sorry to hear about your accident and hope you recover fully. The Ex can be replaced if not repaired you cannot be replaced. Just relax and enjoy those pain killers for now.

Old 10-16-2010, 04:31 PM
BoulderLionX
Junior User
I used to be a trial attorney that handled lots of personal injury auto accidents (both plaintiff & defense), first and foremost you need to listen to your body. Give it time. Let it heal. But don't assume that everything will just go away with time.

It is especially concerning that the airbag didn't deploy, which means that all of the deceleration of the impact was concentrated along the line of the seat belt. That is hard on the body, but tends to concentrate along the spine. These kinds of injuries tend to be latent and slow to manifest themselves.

So while it might be tempting to settle with the insurance company in order to get $ for another Excursion, don't rush into it. See how you come out of this. All the money in the world isn't worth your health, but at the same time, if your health is impacted by the accident, money is the only way to compensate for your loss.

Old 10-16-2010, 04:45 PM
rcboats1
Junior User
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Sorry about the accident, hope you get over the aches and pains soon.

We just went through this. You can settle the vehicle and medical separately. DON'T be in any hurry to settle the medical.

Old 10-16-2010, 04:53 PM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue

allright, i'm going crazy with all the what if's. i hate not knowing whats going to happen or being in control of the situation. i'm still all out of sorts today, i'm also noticing some short term memory loss and a knot on my head so i'm not sure if i hit my head or not but they never checked that.

so i went out and got the hood open. i kinda forgot the core supports all bolt in on these things that could make the man hours drop way down compared to what i was thinking of with a welded in core support.

the fan is broken ofcourse but it was actualy hitting the shroud not the radiator itself. it looks like just the front 6-8" of the left frame horn is bent. left front spring hanger is also bent up pretty good and broke a bolt.

here, take a look at the pics and tell me what you think? i'm almost thinking its fixable now. i would not mind a used header panal,core support, bumper solong as they are in good shape. ofcourse new radiator,coolers..ect

as you can see, no bags went off

Old 10-16-2010, 04:56 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
Did she run a red light?

Stewart

Old 10-16-2010, 05:02 PM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue

no, the light we were at has a green turn arrow, then once it goes off it becomes a yeild on green. she did not yeild to me as i had a full green light as i was going directly through the intersection. the ticket she got i believe was a failure to yeild but i dont know untill monday when i get the police report.

yes i dont plan to settle the medical as i've been told by many people this kind of thing can really stick with you. i had to do some driving this morning and wearing a seatbelt really hurts. i can feel the pain from my shoulder to my ribs, not to mention my neck.

i thank you guys so much for the support, it means alot i know we all dont really know eachother but i do feel as though this is a online "family".

Old 10-16-2010, 05:07 PM
White 97 xlt
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by nookiemonster55
Sorry to hear about that accident and your ok! BTW.... I am in need of the overhead console minus the dvd player if you are willing to part with it...pm if interested or able and/ or if your X has that option
Boy the buzzards sure are circling early!!!!!

Old 10-16-2010, 07:13 PM
perryg114
More Turbo
The airbag probably did not go off because your X is so much more massive than that econobox you hit. It takes a pretty big wack to set those things off. The mass and metal absorbed most of it. I am really surprised her car was not damaged more than it was. I hope you heal with no lasting side effects.

Perry

Old 10-16-2010, 08:53 PM
VaSheriff
Postmaster
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by AlaskanEx
....the ticket she got i believe was a failure to yeild but i dont know untill monday when i get the police report...
So, at this point, you don't even know if she was charged? Unless you saw the cop write the ticket, make her sign it, and then hand her a copy... don't assume she was charged. Way too many cops nowadays don't place charges when they should, they figure let the insurance companies fight it out in civil court.

Quick Reply: Totaled - pics