Texas Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: LibTimothy

I just inherited an '91 F250 Diesel...

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 08:39 PM
kevinfromwebb
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just inherited an '91 F250 Diesel...

And had a couple of questions... I need to get a book on it for minor repairs, changing fluids, etc. what do yall recommend and where do you get them... I didnt know if the local bookstore or auto zone would have books for the older vehicles...
It's got some issues, hard starting and I need to get the cruise and a/c worked on: Any good diesel mechanics around Arlington who are honest and work on these older vehicles??? Was looking for someone who was familiar with the older ford diesels and still worked on them... Some shops aren't familiar with the diesels and would rather work on newer vehicles anyway...

Thanks, Kevin

Old 10-14-2010, 11:44 AM
plumber01
Post Fiend
Maybe PM Scotty (TEXANS) he is from your area and may be able to help ya out with information on mechanics and heck he might be able to help ya out himself...and really !!!!member since 2005 and this is your first post...talk about procrastinating!!! ha ha ha

Old 10-17-2010, 07:45 PM
kevinfromwebb
New User
Robert, thanks for the help... I think I"ve gotten someone to repair the a/c and cruise... I'll just have to see if the starting keeps acting up...
Yea, I do procrastate a lot... Why do today what you can put off until tomorrow...
I think I joined to get some info on my '01 F-150 and got what I needed just doing some searches... This F-250 is my dads old truck and he wasn't the best on doing maintence... I was going to drive the old truck for a while and see if I really wanted to get a diesel in a few years before I retire... A trying out truck...

Kevin

Old 10-17-2010, 09:32 PM
texans
Postmaster
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Well Kevin, i'm about 2 hours or so west of you. I would be willing to help you out any way I can. I do know a few guys around there that I can recomend you talking to you for any problems you have. There members of this forum, and diesel techs for ford. I don't know if they do any side work (I know I always did when I was a tech.), but they are really helpfull with info.

Old 10-24-2010, 08:21 AM
DRRXR
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question

Whats it doing on start up?

Also I have not tried these guys but you may want to check them out.

Used 1991 FORD F250 PICKUP Parts - EverDrive Guaranteed Used Auto Parts

Dont forget to tell me about the starting. Also is it a auto or manual? Motor size?