Installing a Magnaflow Exhaust system on your Ford truck can help boost performance. It will also give you a great sounding vehicle. Check out all the great Magnaflow Exhaust systems at www.magnaflow.com Magnaflow cat-back systems are all-steel, and feature Mandrel-bent pipes and polished stainless steel tips. They sound great, look sharp, and can help make your truck one-of-a-kind. Plus they are relatively easy to install. All you require are the right tools, a little time, and a bit of muscle power. In your search for a great truck exhaust, you can also try other specialty websites, both local and national. Just do a search for “truck exhaust systems.” Check “˜em out ““ there’s surely a Magnaflow system waiting to be installed on your Ford truck, whether you pilot a Ranger, F-150, F-250, or F-350.
Tools and Equipment You Will Require
- 9/16ths and 5/8-inch deep sockets
- hand or air ratchet
- ramp or lift
- saws-all electric saw (if stock exhaust system is still on truck)
- four-piece Cat-Back Stainless Steel Magnaflow Exhaust Kit (includes a number of clamps)
Remove Stock Exhaust (go to Install section if exhaust is already removed from truck)
- Use electric saw to cut the exhaust pipe off in front of the muffler.
- With ratchet and socket, remove any stock clamps that have been used to attach pipes to truck.
- Remove middle pipe and muffler. Note: When removing muffler, muffler hanger has a small stock clamp which helps hold muffler/pipe on the hanger. This can prevent the muffler from sliding off easily. Reach up, open and remove this clamp by hand; the muffler and exhaust pipe will slide off.
- Remove exhaust pipe.
Install New Magnaflow Exhaust
Four pieces comprise the Magnaflow Exhaust system. 1) A front piece which fits into the stock catalytic converter extension [normally two sizes are provided; choose the piece that fits your truck] 2) muffler 3) tail pipe extension 4) exhaust pipe with tip.
- Put correct front pipe into stock catalytic converter extension. Hang on stock hanger.
- Place muffler into front pipe. Hand tighten clamp (you will tighten down all clamps later).
- Put clamp between tail pipe extension and muffler. Install tail pipe extension over rear axle and onto muffler. Hang on stock hanger and hand tighten clamp. Caution: One or more hangers may not go through stock hangers easily, so you may have to remove the hanger(s) from the truck, place it on a vice, and use some force to push them through. After you have the pipe and hanger put together, install entire assembly onto truck.
- Install tail pipe and clamp. Hang from hanger.
- Start from the rear and use your ratchet and 9/16ths-inch socket to tighten all clamps. Note: Magnaflow recommends a one-half inch clearance around any part or body panel.
Now you are finished and free to enjoy your better performing, great-sounding Ford truck.