That’s Entertainment! Ford Transit Skyliner Concept
Imagine traveling along in a leather recliner, with a large screen in front of you and a cold drink fresh in your hands. You look out the window expecting to see clouds and the Earth beneath you, but turns out you’re traveling in the Ford Transit Skyliner Concept. Billed as a private jet on wheels, the Skyliner is out to show that the Transit Connect will be more than just an E-series replacement.
While the chassis, body, and 3.5L Ecoboost engine all tell you that this is going to be one of the many Ford Transits you’ll see driving down the road in the very near future, this is actually a very finely crafted conversion van. It’s far more luxurious than your grandpa’s conversion E250, though. It’ll probably last longer, too.
The Transit Skyliner Concept was designed by Ford’s European design house and executed by Ford North America’s manager for commercial truck marketing, Tim Stoehr, and Galpin Auto Sports’, Beau Bachman.
“Transit Skyliner is the ultimate expression of a custom Transit,” Stoehr says. “We created the vehicle to highlight the potential of the Ford Transit platform for the limousine market and to showcase Transit as the next generation of modern, cool, fuel-efficient vans.”
• Concept based on the all-new Ford Transit, showcasing vehicle’s capability and flexibility
• Custom luxury motor coach designed with Ford Motor Company and built by Galpin Auto Sports provides immersive comfort and luxury
• Four dynamic experience modes – theater, business, reception and travel – transform Skyliner’s environment and make the most of Ford Transit’s 487 cubic feet of interior space
• Theater: Seats face the 52-inch retractable Stewart movie screen and recline for optimal cinematic viewing
• Business: Motorized table unfolds and leather-trimmed seats are gathered around it for face-to-face conversation
• Reception: Sliding door opens four feet wide and seats are arranged for easy entertaining while parked at an event
• Travel: Passengers can adjust their reclining seats and retractable footrests for ultimate comfort and solitude