Ford building the F-150 in natural gas mode is a pretty big deal. It’s the most popular alternative fuel for their truck, so there’s been a pressure for them to do something about it for a while now. We have yet to see how their CNG offering holds up against the scrutiny of the average gas F-150 buyer. At least now we have an idea, thanks to the guys at PickupTrucks.com. Here are the cliff notes:
- It feels pretty much the same as a gas truck while running.
- Bed space is reduced by about a third, which could be a problem for some people.
- The system is fairly light at roughly 200 lbs.
- They’ll cost $7,700 more than the F-150 XLT package.
- A dual fuel system means you can use good old dinosaur juice too if natural gas isn’t available.
You can check out the full write up on their quick little drive here. Do you think it’s worth it? Let us know in the forums here!