HOME OF THE BLUE OVAL GLOWS PINK IN THE FIGHT AGAINST BREAST CANCER
IMAGE: Available at www.media.ford.com.
- For two nights beginning on Monday, Oct. 26, Ford World Headquarters will glow pink to show support for breast cancer patients and survivors across the country.
- Ford Motor Company is a 15-year supporter of Susan G. Komen for the Cure® and has dedicated over $100 million to the cause to date.
- Ford Warriors in Pink is a campaign designed to recognize the strength and courage it takes to deal with the everyday challenges of fighting breast cancer 365 days a year. The Warriors in Pink program features symbols signifying hope, strength and unity to offer support for all those affected by this devastating disease.
- October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
- Nearly 200,000 women and 2,000 men will be diagnosed with breast cancer in the United States in 2009, according to the National Cancer Institute.
About Ford Warriors in Pink
- Through its Warriors in Pink program, Ford has dedicated more than $100 million to the breast cancer cause.
- Ford’s commitment runs well beyond raising funds. Because awareness leads to early detection and early detection saves lives, the Ford Warriors in Pink campaign is committed to raising awareness of breast cancer.
- Limited edition Ford Warriors in Pink apparel is sold exclusively at www.fordcares.com, and 100 percent of the net proceeds directly benefit Susan G. Komen for the Cure.
- More than half a million pieces of Ford Warriors in Pink apparel and gear has been sold over the past three years, generating over $1.8 million for the Susan G. Komen foundation.
- When you test-drive a Ford vehicle from now until December 31, 2009, Ford will donate $20 to Susan G. Komen for the Cure® on your behalf – to the Komen Affiliate in the city of your choice.
"With the Ford Warriors in Pink program, we continually strive to encourage women and men everywhere to join the fight and be a part of the cure for breast cancer. For 15 years, Ford has been committed to fighting breast cancer, standing up for the cause no matter the month. Tonight’s ceremony is designed to show our support for all those affected by the disease."
– Mark Fields,
President Of The Americas, Ford Motor Company
About Ford Motor Company
Ford Motor Company, a global automotive industry leader based in Dearborn, Mich., manufactures or distributes automobiles across six continents. With about 201,000 employees and about 90 plants worldwide, the company’s automotive brands include Ford, Lincoln, Mercury and Volvo. The company provides financial services through Ford Motor Credit Company. For more information regarding Ford’s products, please visit www.ford.com.
October 26, 2009