FIESTA MOVEMENT AGENTS BRING LOCAL BANDS TO STARDOM; MISSION ONE A MURAL-SIZED SUCCESS
IMAGES: Available at www.media.ford.com.
- Fiesta Movement agents continue their journey with their second mission, which has them teaming up with local bands and radio stations to promote upcoming talent. Events featuring the talent at local hot spots will complete the mission
- Fiesta Movement’s first mission, "Fiesta Marks the Spot," created tons of buzz on social media channels about the murals the agent teams created, with the Houston and Dallas teams winning the mission
- Agent content has garnered significant numbers on social media sites – nearly 110,000 YouTube views, more than 32,000 Flickr views and more than 2.8 million Twitter impressions
CONTEXT / BACKGROUND:
Fiesta Movement Chapter 2 has 20 teams of two agents bringing the 2011 Fiesta to life through missions inspired by the new small Ford car. A natural progression from the first phase of the Fiesta Movement, missions will be centered on each team’s neighborhood, with agents tapping into their local communities to help execute and promote missions. The agents’ second mission, "We Are the Dreamers of Dreams," has agents finding a local musician, band or comedian, and helping raise that entertainer’s profile in their communities.
We Are the Dreamers of Dreams’
Fiesta Movement agents have the first mission under their belt, and they’re ready to take on the second. "We Are the Dreamers of Dreams" has agents finding a local musician, band or comedian, and helping raise that entertainer’s profile in their communities. Agent teams will even plan special events in honor of the entertainers, and promote them to drive awareness and attendance. Additionally, teams are connecting with local radio stations to produce interviews with their entertainers, from the front seat of the Fiesta.
- Los Angeles agents SamProof and Jen are teaming up with radio station KYSR to promote VK Lynne: Whiskey or Water. Their event will be hosted at The Roxy.
- Los Angeles agents Beto and Sebastian are teaming up with radio station KIIS to promote the band Bad Fathers. Their event will be hosted at Aqua Lounge.
- San Francisco agents Vanae and Francis are working with radio station KITS to promote The Frail. Their event will be hosted at Mezzanine.
- San Diego agents Dave and Zack are working with radio station XTRA to promote Joel P. West & The Tree Ring. Their event will be hosted at The Museum of Contemporary Arts San Diego.
- Seattle agents Parker and Nate are working with radio station KUBE to promote SOTA Boys. Their event was hosted at Pravda on April 23.
- Philadelphia agents Tim and Michaelangelo are working with radio station WRFF to promote Action Item. Their event will be hosted at Piazza.
- Philadelphia agents Laris and Kendra are working with radio station WMMR to promote Sharon Van Etten and Reading Rainbow. Their event will be hosted at AKA Records.
- New York City agents Shirley and Peggy are working with radio station WRXP to promote Holiday Shores. Their event was hosted at Bruar Falls on April 24.
- Brooklyn agents Monica and Caitlin-Marie are working with radio station WXRK to promote Mike Del Rio, Charlie Tippie and Sophie. Their event will be hosted at Webster Hall.
- Boston agents Jonathon and Jory are working with radio station WFNX to promote A-loud. Their event will be hosted at Church of Boston.
- Chicago agents Derek and Christopher are working with radio station WPWX to promote Omen. Their event will be hosted at Reggie’s Rock Club.
- Chicago agents John and Aaron are working with radio station WXRT to promote Johnny Rumble. Their event will be hosted at Subterranean.
- Atlanta agents Jana and Satchel are working with radio station WHAT to promote Weapons of Audio. Their event will be hosted at The Star Bar.
- Orlando agents Mark and Dan are working with radio station WJRR to promote Omar Delrosa. Their event will be hosted at Blank Space.
- Miami agents Dalva and Carlos are working with radio station WPOW to promote Suenalo. Their event will be hosted at Transit Lounge.
- Detroit agents Shane and Jerry are working with radio station CIMX to promote Jessica Hernandez & Band. Their event will be hosted at Crofoot.
- Denver agents Keith and Josh are working with radio station KBCO to promote Funkiphino. Their event will be hosted at Auraria Campus.
- Houston agents Amber and Mark are working with radio station KTBZ to promote Black Queen Speaks, Peekaboo Theory, Robert Ellis & The Boys, The Tontons, Tyagaraja, VerseCity and Wayside Drive. Their event will be hosted at Warehouse Live.
- Dallas agents Alyssa and Colin are working with radio station KXT to promote Ishi, DJ Sober and Darktown Strutters. Their event will be hosted at Palladium/The Loft.
- Phoenix agents Austin and Sunny are working with radio station KEXX to promote What Laura Says and Black Carl. Their event will be hosted at Rhythm Room.
Throughout the mission, agents will document their adventure and post it on their team page, where fans and followers can be part of the experience online at www.fiestamovement2.com. The best content will be recognized based on community engagement and online consumer interaction and will then be amplified locally and nationally.
First mission kick-starts adventure with success
The first Fiesta Movement mission showed off just how much creativity the new set of agents have and how much they love their local communities. Agent teams were asked to create wall murals in their communities, where they highlighted their 10 Fiesta-inspired hot spots. Murals were then celebrated at agent-hosted events. Overall it was a hit, with:
- Nearly 110,000 YouTube views
- More than 32,000 Flickr views
- More than 2.8 million Twitter impressions
The Houston and Dallas agent teams took first and second place respectively in the first mission, based on how well they engaged their local community. For all of mission one, the agent teams garnered more than 13,000 Foursquare check-ins at their murals and more than 6,000 RSVPs to events they hosted.
"The second Fiesta Movement mission will facilitate some exciting opportunities for local bands who will help us bring Fiesta to life in their markets. The agent teams, bands and followers are going to have a great time promoting and attending the concerts!"
"We had fantastic results with our first mission, and we can’t wait to see what sort of content the rest of this adventure produces."
– Connie Fontaine,
Ford Brand Content and Alliances manager
About Ford Motor Company
Ford Motor Company, a global automotive industry leader based in Dearborn, Mich., manufactures or distributes automobiles across six continents. With about 176,000 employees and about 80 plants worldwide, the company’s automotive brands include Ford, Lincoln, Mercury and, until its sale, Volvo. The company provides financial services through Ford Motor Credit Company. For more information regarding Ford’s products, please visit www.ford.com.
May 3, 2010