F-150 SVT RAPTOR MOST POWERFUL HALF-TON AVAILABLE, NOW EVEN MORE CAPABLE OFF-ROAD
LAS VEGAS, Nov. 3, 2009 ““ Just one year after Ford unveiled the 2010 F-150 SVT Raptor at the SEMA show, Ford today is announcing the long-anticipated power figures for the all-new 6.2-liter premium V-8 engine now available in this ultimate high-speed off-road performance truck.
When this optional powertrain in the Raptor arrives in showrooms in early 2010, the 6.2-liter V-8 will produce 411 hp and 434 ft.-lb. of torque, making Raptor the most powerful half-ton pickup available. Customers will now have the choice of two V-8 engines in the Raptor, Ford’s proven 5.4-liter Triton V-8 or the new 6.2-liter V-8, which can be ordered beginning Dec. 1, with an MSRP of $41,995 including destination and delivery.
The F-150 SVT Raptor, launched in August with Ford’s proven 320-hp 5.4-liter Triton V-8, is off to a strong start. Orders for the Raptor equipped with the standard 5.4-liter stand at more than 3,000, and the plant is at maximum capacity producing the ultimate high-speed off-road truck. In addition, Ford Racing will soon offer the 2011 FR Raptor XT, making Raptor even more capable in the rough stuff, but without giving up the control and comfort found in the production Raptor.
Considered an off-road-only pre-runner, the FR Raptor XT from Ford Racing builds upon the production Raptor’s already impressive capabilities. The FR Raptor XT is nearly the same truck that finished the 2008 Tecate SCORE Baja 1000, but with all the comfort and convenience you’d find in a production Raptor. Essentially, FR Raptor XT is a turnkey professional pre-runner.
Key specifications of the FR Raptor XT include:
- 500-hp (est.) 6.2-liter naturally aspirated engine
- Six-speed automatic transmission
- Electronically selectable 4×4; 4.56 gear sets; front and rear e-lockers
- A-arm with uni-ball front; four-link RR suspension
- 15-inch front/18-inch rear wheel travel
- Coil-over with bypass shocks front and rear
- Chromoly “4130” rollcage; extensive skid plating
- Full featured interior, including power windows/windshield and air conditioning
- Factory seating with five-point restraints
- Off-road beadlock wheel/tires
- Unique appearance package including tubular front and rear bumper and integral lighting
The FR Raptor XT joins Ford Racing’s successful turnkey race Mustangs available only from Ford dealers. There will be a production run of 50 units carrying a price of $99,950. The FR Raptor XT is not street legal, and is intended for off-road use only. Production timing will be announced at a later date.