The 2015 F-150 is Built Ford… Convenient?
Ford trucks are known for being tough. But being tough is no excuse for making things tough on the driver. Apparently, the 2015 F-150 is being manufactured with that same thought in mind.
Chief engineer for the truck, Pete Reyes, gave The Fast Lane Truck a walk-around of the vehicle while pointing out its convenience features, including:
- A front-mounted camera which, in conjunction with others mounted around the rig, provides 360 degrees of visibility.
– Spotlights under the side-view mirrors that can cast their beams along the side of the vehicle. Perfect for a job site or camping out.
– A first-in-class 400-watt/110-volt inverter which can charge batteries for power tools. Construction workers rejoice!
– Its smart trailer tow module “that helps identify and inform the driver of potential trailer connectivity issues, burned or unlit trailer marker lamps, and brake light and trailer battery faults.”*
– A softly opening tail gate equipped with an automatic release function.
– Bed lighting with theater-style dimming.
– Anchoring points near the middle of the box which will help fit motorcycles, ATVs and aftermarket storage hardware more easily.
The Blue Oval has made it easy to see that its 2015 F-150 has been well thought-out.