F-SERIES 25TH SALES LEADERSHIP ANNIVERSARY
Since 1977, F-Series has been the number one-selling truck in America. Below are highlights of the past 25 years:
- F-Series becomes the best-selling truck in America.
- Ford sells 864,046 F-Series trucks, a calendar-year record to date.
- Most extensive redesign of F-Series to date.
- Ford’s diesel pickups debut with 6.9-liter V-8.
- F-Series becomes the No.1 selling vehicle in America – car or truck.
- F-Series becomes the first truck with rear-wheel, antilock brakes.
- Driver’s-side air bag introduced.
- Ford sells more than 780,838 F-Series trucks – best since 1978.
- Completely redesigned F-150 and F-250 models introduced.
- Super Cab features industry’s first standard third door in a full-size pickup.
- F-Series 50th anniversary: Jan. 16.
- Ford introduces all-new F-Series Super Duty model.
- Two American icons team to create the Harley-Davidson F-150.
- F-Series sets new calendar-year sales record of 869,001.
- Ford introduces the F-150 SuperCrew, an industry first for its class.
- F-Series sets new calendar-year sales record of 876,716.
- In October, F-Series achieves an industry truck sales record for any month with sales of 102,424 units.
- F-Series celebrates its 25th anniversary as the best-selling truck in America; 20th anniversary as the best-selling vehicle overall.