2003 F-SERIES SUPER DUTY GETS MORE CHOICES, MORE CAPABILITY
“Ford trucks are the proven leaders because we listen to our customers. In early 2003, F-Series Super Duty will offer additional equipment choices as well as an all-new powertrain – and our customers are going to love it.”
– Doug Scott, Ford Division truck group marketing manager
DEARBORN, Mich., Oct. 7, 2002 – Ford’s F-Series Super Duty, offered in an array of configurations, makes available even more options for 2003.
The voice of the customer was the force behind expanded offerings such as a new Crew Cab power moonroof and expanded availability of the King Ranch, FX4 Off-Road and XLT Sport packages. Ford has added more choices, comfort and convenience to its class-leading tough trucks.
Featured packages include:
- The XLT Sport package (formerly the Built Ford Tough Sport model) is made available on F-250 and F-350 Crew Cabs in addition to SuperCabs. The package includes monochromatic paint schemes of Oxford White, Dark Shadow Gray, Sonic Blue, Red and Ebony; chrome tubular step bars; body-color exterior accents; leather-wrapped steering wheel; and a sliding rear window. A reverse sensing system and power driver’s seat also are available.
- The King Ranch edition, already popular on the F-150, will be offered for 2003 on
F-250 and F-350 Crew Cabs in single- and dual-rear-wheel applications. This special edition includes premium Castaño leather interior trim, body-color mirror housings and door handles, Arizona Beige wheel-lip moldings on single-rear-wheel models, lighted running boards, premium aluminum wheels and color choice of Estate Green, Chestnut or Oxford White – each with an Arizona Beige lower accent.
- Inspired by experience in off-road truck racing, the FX4 Off-Road package for F-250 and
F-350 uses Rancho shocks, skid plates and FX4 decals. The skid plates also are available as a stand-alone option.
Other 2003 content includes:
- A segment-exclusive optional power moonroof on XLT and Lariat Crew Cab models.
- Manually telescoping heated trailer tow mirrors that include side marker lights and turn signal indicators. More than 75 percent of Super Duty customers order trailer tow mirrors.
- An optional vinyl 40/20/40 front split bench for all XL customers, not just fleet. The seat features a fold-down center armrest/console, two cup holders and forward-fold recline.
- An inboard armrest for bucket seats on all XL models.
- Trailer towing package.
- Snowplow package that can be combined with the Camper package.
- Remote keyless entry, auto locks and lamps.
F-250 and F-350 pickups and F-350, F-450 and F-550 chassis cabs are available in Regular Cab, SuperCab and Crew Cab configurations, with XL, XLT and Lariat trims.
“This truck serves a wide range of customers, from workers to the customers who vacation in Crew Cabs towing fifth-wheel trailers,” said Susan Dehne, F-Series Super Duty chief program engineer. “We recognize that all our customers are not the same – we don’t see this as a one-size-fits-all vehicle.
“We find out who our customers are and what they’re after. Then we optimize our offerings to make a customizable truck. It’s a highly complex vehicle, which is challenging and fun.”