If you have broken engine wiring, here’s who to repair it simply and easily.
You will require the following equipment:
- insulation stripper
- soldering gun
- solder (thin silver solder recommended)
- heat shrink tubing
- heat gun
Note: Be careful to solder same color and gauge of engine wiring together.
- First, strip off about ½-inch of insulation from the ends of the two wires.
- Interlock the engine wiring, then twist it together.
- Solder engine wiring gently using a moderate amount of solder (better to use too little than too much).
- Cover repair with heat shrink tubing, and gently heat to seal with heat gun.