Received: with LISTAR (v0.129a; list superduty-list); Fri, 08 Sep 2000 20:38:08 -0400 (EDT)
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2000 20:38:08 -0400 (EDT)
From: Ford Truck Enthusiasts List Server <listar ford-trucks.com>
To: superduty-list digest users <listar ford-trucks.com>
Reply-to: superduty-list ford-trucks.com
Subject: superduty-list Digest V2000 #22
Precedence: list

==========================================================
Ford Truck Enthusiasts Super Duty and Diesel Truck Mailing

Visit our  web site: http://www.ford-trucks.com

To unsubscribe, send email to: listar ford-trucks.com with
the  words "unsubscribe superduty-list" in the subject  of
the message.
==========================================================

------------------------------------
superduty-list Digest Thu, 07 Sep 2000 Volume: 2000  Issue: 022

In This Issue:
Re: What happened to the email discussions?
Re: What happened to the email

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2000 21:15:42 +0100
Subject: What happened to the email discussions?
From: Kirk Werner <Kirk Werner.org>

I'm curious...ever since the Superduty list split off from the 97&Up list,
there has hardly been any discussion at all. On the old 97&up list, there
were several discussion each day that I received via digest mode. Now it
seems all those discussions take place on the web site, and aren't on an
email list anymore...

What happened- did everyone go away?  Or am I missing something?

Kirk


------------------------------

Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2000 23:35:39 -0700
Subject: Re: What happened to the email discussions?
From: Dave Santo <dhsanto home.com>

On 9/7/00 1:15 PM, Kirk Werner wrote:

> I'm curious...ever since the Superduty list split off from the 97&Up list,
> there has hardly been any discussion at all. On the old 97&up list, there
> were several discussion each day that I received via digest mode. Now it
> seems all those discussions take place on the web site, and aren't on an
> email list anymore...
>
> What happened- did everyone go away?  Or am I missing something?
>
> Kirk


Kirk,

I second your query. I think you/WE ARE missing something. I get the
(unrequested) "digests" though. The last one, from 9/7/00, appears below. I
never got these individual messages in MY mailbox either. I did get 3 though
that are NOT in the list below. Title was Airconditioner Trouble (Don
Francis) and two Re:'s (Neil Plocek & Jean Marc Chartier) dated 9/4, 4, & 5,
respectively.

Ken... whadda you say?

Messages posted in Super Duty And Heavy Duty
===========================================================
"4wd traction"
    Posted by ggbert on 09/04/2000 01:42:52
    http://www.ford-trucks.com/dcforum/superduty/613.html#0

"RE: Gas Milage - Bottom Line!"
    Posted by ggadwa on 09/04/2000 10:14:11
    http://www.ford-trucks.com/dcforum/superduty/600.html#11

"Short answer; No."
    Posted by AKV10 on 09/04/2000 13:00:09
    http://www.ford-trucks.com/dcforum/superduty/613.html#1

"92 F-350 &.3 diesel"
    Posted by snowsurfer on 09/04/2000 13:12:54
    http://www.ford-trucks.com/dcforum/superduty/614.html#0

"Mileage/power on F-250"
    Posted by Mulepick on 09/04/2000 20:08:14
    http://www.ford-trucks.com/dcforum/superduty/600.html#12

"finicky gas tank"
    Posted by Mulepick on 09/04/2000 20:15:47
    http://www.ford-trucks.com/dcforum/superduty/615.html#0

"RE: finicky gas tank"
    Posted by Roger_B on 09/04/2000 22:44:08
    http://www.ford-trucks.com/dcforum/superduty/615.html#1

"tire options"
    Posted by bigtoy on 09/04/2000 23:09:28
    http://www.ford-trucks.com/dcforum/superduty/616.html#0

"CNG power for a f250v-10 gov will pay for 1/2 your new truck"
    Posted by cjcariz on 09/05/2000 00:42:41
    http://www.ford-trucks.com/dcforum/superduty/617.html#0

"460 swap"
    Posted by V10man on 09/05/2000 04:32:50
    http://www.ford-trucks.com/dcforum/superduty/608.html#1

"RE:  99 F-250 4x4 Crewcab Lariat"
    Posted by V10man on 09/05/2000 04:39:38
    http://www.ford-trucks.com/dcforum/superduty/607.html#2

"RE: Aftermarket questions."
    Posted by V10man on 09/05/2000 04:58:03
    http://www.ford-trucks.com/dcforum/superduty/597.html#2

"RE: Short answer; No."
    Posted by f350v10 on 09/05/2000 13:08:52
    http://www.ford-trucks.com/dcforum/superduty/613.html#2

"RE: Gear ratio for new F250"
    Posted by f350v10 on 09/05/2000 13:22:19
    http://www.ford-trucks.com/dcforum/superduty/583.html#24

"RE: Gear ratio for new F250"
    Posted by f350v10 on 09/05/2000 16:24:55
    http://www.ford-trucks.com/dcforum/superduty/583.html#25

"Deep rattle coming from door area..."
    Posted by trayb on 09/05/2000 19:49:51
    http://www.ford-trucks.com/dcforum/superduty/618.html#0

"What tires do you recommend?"
    Posted by trayb on 09/05/2000 20:11:18
    http://www.ford-trucks.com/dcforum/superduty/619.html#0

"What tires are you using?"
    Posted by trayb on 09/05/2000 20:17:44
    http://www.ford-trucks.com/dcforum/superduty/620.html#0

"Superchargers"
    Posted by sd4x4250 on 09/05/2000 23:03:25
    http://www.ford-trucks.com/dcforum/superduty/621.html#0

"RE: Deep rattle coming from door area..."
    Posted by hicountry on 09/06/2000 09:06:07
    http://www.ford-trucks.com/dcforum/superduty/618.html#1

"RE:  99 F-250 4x4 Crewcab Lariat"
    Posted by dave_a on 09/06/2000 10:40:28
    http://www.ford-trucks.com/dcforum/superduty/607.html#3

"RE: Firestone P265/75R16 Problems"
    Posted by dave_a on 09/06/2000 11:20:59
    http://www.ford-trucks.com/dcforum/superduty/563.html#14

"supercharger"
    Posted by jimveta on 09/06/2000 21:53:58
    http://www.ford-trucks.com/dcforum/superduty/621.html#1

"RE: Superchargers"
    Posted by jimveta on 09/06/2000 22:03:31
    http://www.ford-trucks.com/dcforum/superduty/621.html#2

"RE: Superchargers"
    Posted by jimveta on 09/06/2000 22:06:34
    http://www.ford-trucks.com/dcforum/superduty/621.html#3

"RE: Info on new 2001"
    Posted by dpark on 09/06/2000 23:35:30
    http://www.ford-trucks.com/dcforum/superduty/604.html#2

"RE: What tires are you using?"
    Posted by campster on 09/06/2000 23:57:56
    http://www.ford-trucks.com/dcforum/superduty/620.html#1

"99F250 SD diesel 4x4 tranny question"
    Posted by snowblind on 09/07/2000 03:23:05
    http://www.ford-trucks.com/dcforum/superduty/622.html#0



--
Dave Santo
dhsanto home.com


------------------------------

Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2000 01:37:36 -0500
From: Stan Wright <swright hpcisp.com>
Subject: Re: What happened to the email discussions?

I see I'm not the only one who was starting to wonder what the deal was.  I
thought I had made an error or something when I subscribed to the Superduty
list.

Dave Santo wrote:

> On 9/7/00 1:15 PM, Kirk Werner wrote:
>
> > I'm curious...ever since the Superduty list split off from the 97&Up list,
> > there has hardly been any discussion at all. On the old 97&up list, there
> > were several discussion each day that I received via digest mode. Now it
> > seems all those discussions take place on the web site, and aren't on an
> > email list anymore...
> >
> > What happened- did everyone go away?  Or am I missing something?
> >
> > Kirk
>
> Kirk,
>
> I second your query. I think you/WE ARE missing something. I get the
> (unrequested) "digests" though. The last one, from 9/7/00, appears below. I
> never got these individual messages in MY mailbox either. I did get 3 though
> that are NOT in the list below. Title was Airconditioner Trouble (Don
> Francis) and two Re:'s (Neil Plocek & Jean Marc Chartier) dated 9/4, 4, & 5,
> respectively.
>
> Ken... whadda you say?
>
> Messages posted in Super Duty And Heavy Duty
> ===========================================================
> "4wd traction"
>      Posted by ggbert on 09/04/2000 01:42:52
>      http://www.ford-trucks.com/dcforum/superduty/613.html#0
>
> "RE: Gas Milage - Bottom Line!"
>      Posted by ggadwa on 09/04/2000 10:14:11
>      http://www.ford-trucks.com/dcforum/superduty/600.html#11
>
> "Short answer; No."
>      Posted by AKV10 on 09/04/2000 13:00:09
>      http://www.ford-trucks.com/dcforum/superduty/613.html#1
>
> "92 F-350 &.3 diesel"
>      Posted by snowsurfer on 09/04/2000 13:12:54
>      http://www.ford-trucks.com/dcforum/superduty/614.html#0
>
> "Mileage/power on F-250"
>      Posted by Mulepick on 09/04/2000 20:08:14
>      http://www.ford-trucks.com/dcforum/superduty/600.html#12
>
> "finicky gas tank"
>      Posted by Mulepick on 09/04/2000 20:15:47
>      http://www.ford-trucks.com/dcforum/superduty/615.html#0
>
> "RE: finicky gas tank"
>      Posted by Roger_B on 09/04/2000 22:44:08
>      http://www.ford-trucks.com/dcforum/superduty/615.html#1
>
> "tire options"
>      Posted by bigtoy on 09/04/2000 23:09:28
>      http://www.ford-trucks.com/dcforum/superduty/616.html#0
>
> "CNG power for a f250v-10 gov will pay for 1/2 your new truck"
>      Posted by cjcariz on 09/05/2000 00:42:41
>      http://www.ford-trucks.com/dcforum/superduty/617.html#0
>
> "460 swap"
>      Posted by V10man on 09/05/2000 04:32:50
>      http://www.ford-trucks.com/dcforum/superduty/608.html#1
>
> "RE:  99 F-250 4x4 Crewcab Lariat"
>      Posted by V10man on 09/05/2000 04:39:38
>      http://www.ford-trucks.com/dcforum/superduty/607.html#2
>
> "RE: Aftermarket questions."
>      Posted by V10man on 09/05/2000 04:58:03
>      http://www.ford-trucks.com/dcforum/superduty/597.html#2
>
> "RE: Short answer; No."
>      Posted by f350v10 on 09/05/2000 13:08:52
>      http://www.ford-trucks.com/dcforum/superduty/613.html#2
>
> "RE: Gear ratio for new F250"
>      Posted by f350v10 on 09/05/2000 13:22:19
>      http://www.ford-trucks.com/dcforum/superduty/583.html#24
>
> "RE: Gear ratio for new F250"
>      Posted by f350v10 on 09/05/2000 16:24:55
>      http://www.ford-trucks.com/dcforum/superduty/583.html#25
>
> "Deep rattle coming from door area..."
>      Posted by trayb on 09/05/2000 19:49:51
>      http://www.ford-trucks.com/dcforum/superduty/618.html#0
>
> "What tires do you recommend?"
>      Posted by trayb on 09/05/2000 20:11:18
>      http://www.ford-trucks.com/dcforum/superduty/619.html#0
>
> "What tires are you using?"
>      Posted by trayb on 09/05/2000 20:17:44
>      http://www.ford-trucks.com/dcforum/superduty/620.html#0
>
> "Superchargers"
>      Posted by sd4x4250 on 09/05/2000 23:03:25
>      http://www.ford-trucks.com/dcforum/superduty/621.html#0
>
> "RE: Deep rattle coming from door area..."
>      Posted by hicountry on 09/06/2000 09:06:07
>      http://www.ford-trucks.com/dcforum/superduty/618.html#1
>
> "RE:  99 F-250 4x4 Crewcab Lariat"
>      Posted by dave_a on 09/06/2000 10:40:28
>      http://www.ford-trucks.com/dcforum/superduty/607.html#3
>
> "RE: Firestone P265/75R16 Problems"
>      Posted by dave_a on 09/06/2000 11:20:59
>      http://www.ford-trucks.com/dcforum/superduty/563.html#14
>
> "supercharger"
>      Posted by jimveta on 09/06/2000 21:53:58
>      http://www.ford-trucks.com/dcforum/superduty/621.html#1
>
> "RE: Superchargers"
>      Posted by jimveta on 09/06/2000 22:03:31
>      http://www.ford-trucks.com/dcforum/superduty/621.html#2
>
> "RE: Superchargers"
>      Posted by jimveta on 09/06/2000 22:06:34
>      http://www.ford-trucks.com/dcforum/superduty/621.html#3
>
> "RE: Info on new 2001"
>      Posted by dpark on 09/06/2000 23:35:30
>      http://www.ford-trucks.com/dcforum/superduty/604.html#2
>
> "RE: What tires are you using?"
>      Posted by campster on 09/06/2000 23:57:56
>      http://www.ford-trucks.com/dcforum/superduty/620.html#1
>
> "99F250 SD diesel 4x4 tranny question"
>      Posted by snowblind on 09/07/2000 03:23:05
>      http://www.ford-trucks.com/dcforum/superduty/622.html#0
>
> --
> Dave Santo
> dhsanto home.com
>
> ==========================================================
> To unsubscribe:
> http://www.ford-trucks.com/mailinglist.html#item3
> Please remove this footer when replying.


------------------------------

Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2000 08:48:10 -0400
From: Ken Payne <kpayne ford-trucks.com>
Subject: Re: What happened to the email


>Kirk,
>
>I second your query. I think you/WE ARE missing something. I get the
>(unrequested) "digests" though. The last one, from 9/7/00, appears below. I
>never got these individual messages in MY mailbox either. I did get 3 though
>that are NOT in the list below. Title was Airconditioner Trouble (Don
>Francis) and two Re:'s (Neil Plocek & Jean Marc Chartier) dated 9/4, 4, & 5,
>respectively.
>
>Ken... whadda you say?

The "digests" placed in the lists are not digests per se, but a
listing of topics on the web site message boards.  This process
was put in place before the Super Duty list split off.

There are two reasons for the slow down in traffic:
1. Some people still don't "get it", are on the 97up list and
  are bringing up Super Duty discussion.
2. The school year has started and with that, vacations and travel
  plans are done.  All the lists, with the exception of the
  61-79 list, have slowed down.  This happens year after year,
  in early summer and again in early fall and people ask "what
  happened to list traffic?"  Like many things, its seasonal.

Ken Payne
Admin, Ford Truck Enthusiasts



------------------------------

Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2000 18:34:50 -0700
Subject: Re: What happened to the email discussions?
From: Dave Santo <dhsanto home.com>

On 9/8/00 5:48 AM, Ken Payne wrote:

> The "digests" placed in the lists are not digests per se, but a
> listing of topics on the web site message boards. This process
> was put in place before the Super Duty list split off.

I guess then that it's our error in thinking. I was under the perception
that the mailing lists "included" the web posts. I guess they don't, huh? Oh
well, I'm getting older and senility must be sneaking up on me.

> There are two reasons for the slow down in traffic:
> 1. Some people still don't "get it", are on the 97up list and
> are bringing up Super Duty discussion.

How about an additional header or footer message for a short time "reminding
and informing" others about the superduty-list? Header would be best as most
may not pay too much attention to a footer. A graphics banner would REALLY
catch your eye. Just a thought.

[snip]


dhs


------------------------------
....


To access the rest of this feature you must be a logged in Registered User Of Ford Truck Enthusiasts

Registration is free, easy and gives you access to more features.
If you are not registered, click here to register.
If you are already registered, you can login here.

If you are already logged in and are seeing this message, your web browser is blocking session cookies. Change your browser cookie settings to allow session cookies.




Advertising - Terms of Use - Privacy Policy - Jobs

This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. Ford is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company.