Received: with LISTAR (v0.129a; list small-list); Wed, 06 Sep 2000 19:42:26 -0400 (EDT)
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2000 19:42:26 -0400 (EDT)
From: Ford Truck Enthusiasts List Server <listar ford-trucks.com>
To: small-list digest users <listar ford-trucks.com>
Reply-to: small-list ford-trucks.com
Subject: small-list Digest V2000 #143
Precedence: list

==========================================================
Ford Truck Enthusiasts Small Chassis Truck Mailing List

Visit our  web site: http://www.ford-trucks.com

To unsubscribe, send email to: listar ford-trucks.com with
the words "unsubscribe small-list" in the subject  of  the
message.
==========================================================

------------------------------------
small-list Digest Tue, 05 Sep 2000 Volume: 2000  Issue: 143

In This Issue:
Digital Dash
Re: [Digital Dash] (non-Ford)
Re: brushguard / lightbar
ADMIN: TDR consulting
Re: brushguard / lightbar
Hub Seals
ADMIN: Pictorial update
Re: Hub Seals
Re: [Digital Dash] (non-Ford)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

From: "Joe" <merchjo bellatlantic.net>
Subject: Digital Dash
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2000 20:06:47 -0400

I know there are some mechanics out there. My friend at works has a early
90's Blazer (don't rag me because its not a Ford).  His digital dashes back
lights burned out and need to be replaced.  Can any one pull up the
instructions or know how to do this.

Thanks in a advance.

Joe


------------------------------

Date:  5 Sep 00 21:32:14 EDT
From: Tim Turner <ManicMechanicNC netscape.net>
Subject: Re: [Digital Dash] (non-Ford)

"Joe" <merchjo bellatlantic.net> wrote:

> I know there are some mechanics out there.

<Waving hand>  :-)

My friend at works has a early
> 90's Blazer (don't rag me because its not a Ford).  His digital dashes back
> lights burned out and need to be replaced.

The actual illumination lights gone and the display itself works or did the
display die?

> Can any one pull up the
> instructions or know how to do this.

Pretty simple to pull the dash itself with a 7mm nutdriver and/or a T-15
driver; if it's the back-light bulbs they're in twist out lamp holders, beyond
that you might try taking apart the panel (5.5mm I think?) to see if there are
any replaceable bulbs inside.

Feel free to e-mail me off-list if you need more detail on the removal or
other questions about it.

Tim



____________________________________________________________________
Get your own FREE, personal Netscape WebMail account today at http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://home.netscape.com/webmail

------------------------------

From: "Ted L" <tlister snip.net>
Subject: Re: brushguard / lightbar
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2000 22:33:59 -0400

Will,
Smittybilt makes just what you're looking for. It's called the Outland Sport
Bumper Guard. It's not as large as a regular grill guard, but it's the same
width, but doesn't extend to the full height of the engine hood like most
grill guards. It also comes predrilled for lights and it mounts directly to
the frame. It's relative cheap also. $178.00 for black and I think around
$250 for the chrome.

I have a problem with morons that don't know how to park or pull out of
parking spots and basically use your truck bumper and license plate as a
bumper stop for their own car. The full brush guard I have on my Expedition
has proven itself over and over in the last 4 years.

I have the above product on order from Carparts.com for a Supercrew I have
on order right now and it looks like it'll provide the same bumper and front
airdam protection as the full guards do.

Ted
----- Original Message -----
From: "Will Brown" <wbrownlist mindspring.com>
To: <small-list ford-trucks.com>
Sent: Tuesday, September 05, 2000 8:03 PM
Subject: [small-list] brushguard / lightbar


> Been thinking of putting some driving lights on the front bumper of > my
94 Ranger (B2300).  Going straight into the bumper might > require some
fairly shallow lights to avoid hitting the grille - and a > lot of lights
you see on the web (except for maybe Hellas) don't > have dimensions -
meaning what I get might not fit > So I started thinking about adding a
brushguard or whatever to the
> front, and putting the lights on that.  I was looking at carparts.com >
last night (any good Ford truck specific sites out there?) and they > have
modular pieces you can get, where you get the main center > piece, and then
you can add the side pieces that go over the > headlights.  I was just
thinking of the center part, mainly to have
> something to mount aux lights onto.
>
>
> Thanks
> Will



------------------------------

Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2000 00:31:21 -0400
From: Ken Payne <kpayne ford-trucks.com>
Subject: ADMIN: TDR consulting

Just wanted everyone here to know that I've taken on a
temporary consulting job (3-4 months) with the Dodge
Turbo Diesel Register web site.  Don't worry, I'm not
abandoning Ford Truck Enthusiasts --- just helping a
colleague, Robert Patton.  He's in a bind because his
admin has resigned.  I'm helping him automate the site
so a non-techie can admin it.  I'll be turning the keys
over to him as soon as possible.

Ford trucks are, and will continue to be, my primary
focus.  TDR will take about a day of my time per week,
occasionally a couple of days per week.  Don't think
this means I like Dodge trucks, I'm a Ford guy to the
core!

I wanted you to hear it from me, not someone else who
might spread false rumors.  If you have any questions,
feel free to ask.

Ken Payne
Admin, Ford Truck Enthusiasts


------------------------------

From: QUICKER2SPEED aol.com
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2000 04:57:04 EDT
Subject: Re: brushguard / lightbar

try www.jamesduff.com for Ford stuff...good luck

chris

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2000 13:07:03 -0500
From: Danny Balusek <danny_b ieee.org>
Subject: Hub Seals

Has anyone on the list had to replace the O-Ring Hub seals on an '86
B-II 4x4
with Manual Hubs? If so, where did you find them?

Ford dealer wants $190 for the Hub service kit but the parts guy said
you can buy just the seals from an off road shop for much much less.

I havent been able to find anyone who sells just the seals.

Any ideas?


Thanks

Danny B.

'86 B-II, 2.9L, automatic (wifes car).

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2000 18:46:30 -0400
From: Ken Payne <kpayne ford-trucks.com>
Subject: ADMIN: Pictorial update

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Picture Gallery additions:

1983 Bronco, 1973 F-100 and 1962 F-100.

Ken Payne
Admin, Ford Truck Enthusiasts
http://www.ford-trucks.com


------------------------------

Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2000 17:39:13 -0700 (PDT)
From: Chuck Badger <chuckbadger yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Hub Seals


I bought the complete kit for rebuilding the hubs for my 84 Bronco II at Napa, had everything I needed.

Chuck


 Danny Balusek <danny_b ieee.org> wrote:
Has anyone on the list had to replace the O-Ring Hub seals on an '86
B-II 4x4
with Manual Hubs? If so, where did you find them?

Ford dealer wants $190 for the Hub service kit but the parts guy said
you can buy just the seals from an off road shop for much much less.

I havent been able to find anyone who sells just the seals.

Any ideas?


Thanks

Danny B.

'86 B-II, 2.9L, automatic (wifes car).
=============================================================
To unsubscribe: www.ford-trucks.com/mailinglist.html#item3
Please remove this footer when replying.



------------------------------

From: "Joe" <merchjo bellatlantic.net>
Subject: Re: [Digital Dash] (non-Ford)
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2000 20:29:37 -0400

Tim

The display works but the back lights are off.  Can you send me your
e-mail...

Thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: small-list-bounce ford-trucks.com
[mailto:small-list-bounce ford-trucks.com]On Behalf Of Tim Turner
Sent: Tuesday, September 05, 2000 9:32 PM
To: small-list ford-trucks.com
Subject: [small-list] Re: [Digital Dash] (non-Ford)


"Joe" <merchjo bellatlantic.net> wrote:

> I know there are some mechanics out there.

<Waving hand>  :-)

My friend at works has a early
> 90's Blazer (don't rag me because its not a Ford).  His digital dashes
back
> lights burned out and need to be replaced.

The actual illumination lights gone and the display itself works or did the
display die?

> Can any one pull up the
> instructions or know how to do this.

Pretty simple to pull the dash itself with a 7mm nutdriver and/or a T-15
driver; if it's the back-light bulbs they're in twist out lamp holders,
beyond
that you might try taking apart the panel (5.5mm I think?) to see if there
are
any replaceable bulbs inside.

Feel free to e-mail me off-list if you need more detail on the removal or
other questions about it.

Tim



____________________________________________________________________
Get your own FREE, personal Netscape WebMail account today at
http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://home.netscape.com/webmail
=============================================================
To  unsubscribe:   www.ford-trucks.com/mailinglist.html#item3
Please remove this footer when replying.


------------------------------

End of small-list Digest V2000 #143
***********************************
----------------------------------------------------------
Ford  Truck  Enthusiasts  Small Chassic Truck Mailing List
Covering the Ranger, Bronco II, Exploer and Aerostar ....


To access the rest of this feature you must be a logged in Registered User Of Ford Truck Enthusiasts

Registration is free, easy and gives you access to more features.
If you are not registered, click here to register.
If you are already registered, you can login here.

If you are already logged in and are seeing this message, your web browser is blocking session cookies. Change your browser cookie settings to allow session cookies.




Advertising - Terms of Use - Privacy Policy - Jobs

This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. Ford is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company.