Please do not repost, forward or otherwise publish messages
contained in these archives without consent from the respective
author(s). These archives may not, in whole or part, be stored on
any public retrieval system (FTP, web, gopher, newsgroup, etc.) by
individuals or companies, without consent of the respective authors.

From: owner-small-list-digest ford-trucks.com (small-list-digest)
To: small-list-digest ford-trucks.com
Subject: small-list-digest V3 #343
Reply-To: small-list ford-trucks.com
Sender: owner-small-list-digest ford-trucks.com
Errors-To: owner-small-list-digest ford-trucks.com
Precedence: bulk


small-list-digest Sunday, January 2 2000 Volume 03 : Number 343



=======================================================================
Ford Truck Enthusiasts - Ranger, Explorer, Bronco 2 and Aerostar
Visit our web site: http://www.ford-trucks.com/
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
To unsubscribe, send email to:
majordomo ford-trucks.com
with the words "unsubscribe small-list-digest" in the body of the
message.
=======================================================================
In this issue:

Re: FTE Small - Wont start no spark
Re: FTE Small - Wont start no spark
Re: FTE Small - Wont start no spark
Re: FTE Small - Wont start no spark

=======================================================================

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Sat, 01 Jan 2000 21:12:17 -0500
From: Mason Phillips <63nova psouth.net>
Subject: Re: FTE Small - Wont start no spark

Checked the wire from the battery this morning its good. I have a feeling the
distributor is bad. Im going to swap out the distributor this coming week with
another on. Did a wiring test and it came up good. Having trouble finding a
test to check the distributor and computer that doesnt require special
testers. any one have a way to do that? Those are my last to items to test one
of them is bad.

Mason Phillips
(87 Ranger 4x4 beast getting great gas milage sitting in the garage)

Cbjszoo aol.com wrote:

> I once had a broken wire on the computer ground at the battery. It is the
> small one next to the regular ground on the battery. Mine would crank fine
> and had a spark all the way to the plugs, but it would not start. Chuck.
> == FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 01 Jan 2000 22:01:17 -0500
From: David Cooley bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: FTE Small - Wont start no spark

Don't spend the whole bunch of cash on a distributor...
The ignition module in it goes bad and it can be had for $20 or $30 from
any autoparts store.
They can also test the old one first if you take it with you. There is a
special tool to remove it, that has the proper bit on the end and is angled
to fit right in. About $10.00 for the tool.



At 09:12 PM 1/1/2000 -0500, you wrote:
>Checked the wire from the battery this morning its good. I have a feeling the
>distributor is bad. Im going to swap out the distributor this coming week with
>another on. Did a wiring test and it came up good. Having trouble finding a
>test to check the distributor and computer that doesnt require special
>testers. any one have a way to do that? Those are my last to items to test one
>of them is bad.
>
>Mason Phillips
>(87 Ranger 4x4 beast getting great gas milage sitting in the garage)
>
>Cbjszoo aol.com wrote:
>
> > I once had a broken wire on the computer ground at the battery. It is the
> > small one next to the regular ground on the battery. Mine would crank fine
> > and had a spark all the way to the plugs, but it would not start. Chuck.
> > == FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html
>
>== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

===========================================================
David Cooley N5XMT Internet: N5XMT bellsouth.net
Packet: N5XMT KQ4LO.#INT.NC.USA.NA T.A.P.R. Member #7068
We are Borg... Prepare to be assimilated!
===========================================================

== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 01 Jan 2000 22:28:01 -0500
From: Mason Phillips <63nova psouth.net>
Subject: Re: FTE Small - Wont start no spark

I have already replaced it with a new moduled. That was the first suspect.

Mason Phillips

David Cooley wrote:

> Don't spend the whole bunch of cash on a distributor...
> The ignition module in it goes bad and it can be had for $20 or $30 from
> any autoparts store.
> They can also test the old one first if you take it with you. There is a
> special tool to remove it, that has the proper bit on the end and is angled
> to fit right in. About $10.00 for the tool.
>
> At 09:12 PM 1/1/2000 -0500, you wrote:
> >Checked the wire from the battery this morning its good. I have a feeling the
> >distributor is bad. Im going to swap out the distributor this coming week with
> >another on. Did a wiring test and it came up good. Having trouble finding a
> >test to check the distributor and computer that doesnt require special
> >testers. any one have a way to do that? Those are my last to items to test one
> >of them is bad.
> >
> >Mason Phillips
> >(87 Ranger 4x4 beast getting great gas milage sitting in the garage)
> >
> >Cbjszoo aol.com wrote:
> >
> > > I once had a broken wire on the computer ground at the battery. It is the
> > > small one next to the regular ground on the battery. Mine would crank fine
> > > and had a spark all the way to the plugs, but it would not start. Chuck.
> > > == FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html
> >
> >== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html
>
> ===========================================================
> David Cooley N5XMT Internet: N5XMT bellsouth.net
> Packet: N5XMT KQ4LO.#INT.NC.USA.NA T.A.P.R. Member #7068
> We are Borg... Prepare to be assimilated!
> ===========================================================
>
> == FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 01 Jan 2000 22:46:16 -0500
From: David Cooley bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: FTE Small - Wont start no spark

Could be the pickup coil as well.
Manual will have a troubleshooting flow chart you can follow with simple
volt and ohm checks to see whats happening.


At 10:28 PM 1/1/2000 -0500, you wrote:
>I have already replaced it with a new moduled. That was the first suspect.
>
>Mason Phillips
>
>David Cooley wrote:
>
> > Don't spend the whole bunch of cash on a distributor...
> > The ignition module in it goes bad and it can be had for $20 or $30 from
> > any autoparts store.
> > They can also test the old one first if you take it with you. There is a
> > special tool to remove it, that has the proper bit on the end and is angled
> > to fit right in. About $10.00 for the tool.
> >
> > At 09:12 PM 1/1/2000 -0500, you wrote:
> > >Checked the wire from the battery this morning its good. I have a
> feeling the
> > >distributor is bad. Im going to swap out the distributor this coming
> week with
> > >another on. Did a wiring test and it came up good. Having trouble
> finding a
> > >test to check the distributor and computer that doesnt require special
> > >testers. any one have a way to do that? Those are my last to items to
> test one
> > >of them is bad.
> > >
> > >Mason Phillips
> > >(87 Ranger 4x4 beast getting great gas milage sitting in the garage)
> > >
> > >Cbjszoo aol.com wrote:
> > >
> > > > I once had a broken wire on the computer ground at the battery. It
> is the
> > > > small one next to the regular ground on the battery. Mine would
> crank fine
> > > > and had a spark all the way to the plugs, but it would not start.
> Chuck.
> > > > == FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info
> http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html
> > >
> > >== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html
> >
> > ===========================================================
> > David Cooley N5XMT Internet: N5XMT bellsouth.net
> > Packet: N5XMT KQ4LO.#INT.NC.USA.NA T.A.P.R. Member #7068
> > We are Borg... Prepare to be assimilated!
> > ===========================================================
> >
> > == FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html
>
>== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

===========================================================
David Cooley N5XMT Internet: N5XMT bellsouth.net
Packet: N5XMT KQ4LO.#INT.NC.USA.NA T.A.P.R. Member #7068
We are Borg... Prepare to be assimilated!
===========================================================

== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------....


To access the rest of this feature you must be a logged in Registered User Of Ford Truck Enthusiasts

Registration is free, easy and gives you access to more features.
If you are not registered, click here to register.
If you are already registered, you can login here.

If you are already logged in and are seeing this message, your web browser is blocking session cookies. Change your browser cookie settings to allow session cookies.




Advertising - Terms of Use - Privacy Policy - Jobs

This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. Ford is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company.