From: owner-small-list-digest ford-trucks.com (small-list-digest)
To: small-list-digest ford-trucks.com
Subject: small-list-digest V3 #157
Reply-To: small-list ford-trucks.com
Sender: owner-small-list-digest ford-trucks.com
Errors-To: owner-small-list-digest ford-trucks.com
Precedence: bulk


small-list-digest Thursday, June 24 1999 Volume 03 : Number 157



=======================================================================
Ford Truck Enthusiasts - Ranger, Explorer, Bronco 2 and Aerostar
Visit our web site: http://www.ford-trucks.com/
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
To unsubscribe, send email to:
majordomo ford-trucks.com
with the words "unsubscribe small-list-digest" in the body of the
message.
=======================================================================
In this issue:

FTE Small - Mass Air Flow Sensor
Re: FTE Small - Mass Air Flow Sensor
RE: FTE Small - Mass Air Flow Sensor
FTE Small - Keyless entry
Re: FTE Small - Mass Air Flow Sensor
FTE Small - Catalytic converter replacement
FTE Small - seat belt question

=======================================================================

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 10:33:19 -0400
From: "Eric Davis"
Subject: FTE Small - Mass Air Flow Sensor

Does anyone out there have a 70mm MAF. I would like to know how much hp did
you feel. Was it a good thing to get.

Eric Davis
97 EB Expedition
99 F-150 Lariat
98 4x4 Ranger,
Custom Exhaust with Edlebrock muffler,
Superchip, K&N.


== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 10:54:27 -0400
From: David Cooley
Subject: Re: FTE Small - Mass Air Flow Sensor

At 10:33 AM 6/23/99 -0400, you wrote:
>Does anyone out there have a 70mm MAF. I would like to know how much hp did
>you feel. Was it a good thing to get.
>
>Eric Davis
>97 EB Expedition
>99 F-150 Lariat
>98 4x4 Ranger,
>Custom Exhaust with Edlebrock muffler,
>Superchip, K&N.

Eric,
Is the ranger superchipped?
Did the mods go in one at a time so you could feel if each one made a
difference?
What size exhaust pipe/muffler did you use? does the Ranger have the Dual
cats (one after the other) like the Explorer?
Is the ranger the 4.0L OHV (150HP) V6?
Sorry for all the Q's, just trying to figure out where to start for my 97
Explorer...
Thanks,
Dave

===========================================================
David Cooley N5XMT Internet: N5XMT bellsouth.net
Packet: N5XMT KQ4LO.#INT.NC.USA.NA T.A.P.R. Member #7068
We are Borg... Prepare to be assimilated!
===========================================================

== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 07:56:09 -0700
From: Ray Scheidnes
Subject: RE: FTE Small - Mass Air Flow Sensor

I was recently told that my '94 Ranger 4x4 has a 70mm MAF from the factory.
Stock hp is around 165 at 4500 rpm, I believe.

> ----------
> From: Eric Davis[SMTP:edavis1 mindspring.com]
> Reply To: small-list ford-trucks.com
> Sent: Wednesday, June 23, 1999 7:33 AM
> To: Ranger
> Subject: FTE Small - Mass Air Flow Sensor
>
> Does anyone out there have a 70mm MAF. I would like to know how much hp
> did
> you feel. Was it a good thing to get.
>
> Eric Davis
> 97 EB Expedition
> 99 F-150 Lariat
> 98 4x4 Ranger,
> Custom Exhaust with Edlebrock muffler,
> Superchip, K&N.
>
>
> == FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html
>
== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 10:10:08 -0500
From: "Tony Hogan"
Subject: FTE Small - Keyless entry

I have a 97 explorer and an keyless entry transmitter that needs to be
programmed ( I do have one that is programmed).Does anyone know the
procedure?
Thanks





== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 11:19:16 -0400
From: "Eric Davis"
Subject: Re: FTE Small - Mass Air Flow Sensor

Yes the Ranger has a Superchip, The exhaust was done first, I used a
Edlebrock muffler that has one inlet and two outlets, the piping is 2.5".
And yes I have two cats. The Ranger 4.0l is OHV (160HP). Also all the mods
that I have done have unleashed some power. I still want more though.

Eric Davis
97 EB Expedition
99 F-150 Lariat
98 4x4 Ranger,
Custom Exhaust with Edlebrock muffler,
Superchip, K&N.
- -----Original Message-----
From: David Cooley
To: small-list ford-trucks.com
Cc: edavis1 mindspring.com
Date: Wednesday, June 23, 1999 12:06 PM
Subject: Re: FTE Small - Mass Air Flow Sensor


>At 10:33 AM 6/23/99 -0400, you wrote:
>>Does anyone out there have a 70mm MAF. I would like to know how much hp
did
>>you feel. Was it a good thing to get.
>>
>>Eric Davis
>>97 EB Expedition
>>99 F-150 Lariat
>>98 4x4 Ranger,
>>Custom Exhaust with Edlebrock muffler,
>>Superchip, K&N.
>
>Eric,
>Is the ranger superchipped?
>Did the mods go in one at a time so you could feel if each one made a
>difference?
>What size exhaust pipe/muffler did you use? does the Ranger have the Dual
>cats (one after the other) like the Explorer?
>Is the ranger the 4.0L OHV (150HP) V6?
>Sorry for all the Q's, just trying to figure out where to start for my 97
>Explorer...
>Thanks,
>Dave
>
>===========================================================
>David Cooley N5XMT Internet: N5XMT bellsouth.net
>Packet: N5XMT KQ4LO.#INT.NC.USA.NA T.A.P.R. Member #7068
>We are Borg... Prepare to be assimilated!
>===========================================================
>
>== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html


== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 17:09:07 -0500
From: "David A. Cooley"
Subject: FTE Small - Catalytic converter replacement

Has anyone replaced the converters on their 97-up V6 explorer (or any with
dual cats in series) for better flow?
I noticed it's pretty small tubing into the first cat, between 1 and 2 and
out... a cat back exhaust will open it up after the cats, but there is
probably some good gains to be had by a larger dia set of cats as well.
Thanks,
Dave

===========================================================
David Cooley N5XMT Internet: N5XMT bellsouth.net
Packet: N5XMT KQ4LO.#INT.NC.USA.NA T.A.P.R. Member #7068
Sponges grow in the ocean... Wonder how deep it would be if they didn't?!
===========================================================
== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 17:55:05 -0500
From: "Randy Collins"
Subject: FTE Small - seat belt question

does anybody know if ford, or anybody for that matter, sells some sort of
seat belt/strap that would secure a child safety seat in the back of a
ranger extended cab? keep in mind that the seat must face rearward, so i'm
thinking it would have to be placed in the middle.

tia

ran
== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------....


To access the rest of this feature you must be a logged in Registered User Of Ford Truck Enthusiasts

Registration is free, easy and gives you access to more features.
If you are not registered, click here to register.
If you are already registered, you can login here.

If you are already logged in and are seeing this message, your web browser is blocking session cookies. Change your browser cookie settings to allow session cookies.




Advertising - Terms of Use - Privacy Policy - Jobs

This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. Ford is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company.