small-list-digest Friday, December 11 1998 Volume 02 : Number 343



=======================================================================
Ford Truck Enthusiasts - Ranger, Explorer, Bronco 2 and Aerostar
Visit our web site: http://www.ford-trucks.com/
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
To unsubscribe, send email to:
majordomo ford-trucks.com
with the words "unsubscribe small-list-digest" in the body of the
message.
=======================================================================
In this issue:

FTE Small - Ford Ranger Sites
FTE Small - Re: replacement tires/internet site
FTE Small - Door Chime?
FTE Small - CHECK ENGINE light
FTE Small - My fuel pump will not quit running
FTE Small - B2 auto trans
Re: FTE Small - Ford Ranger Sites
Re: FTE Small - CHECK ENGINE light
Re: FTE Small - My fuel pump will not quit running

=======================================================================

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 08:44:59 -0500
From: Jim Storch
Subject: FTE Small - Ford Ranger Sites

Sorry about having to post this here. I tried to send this to
Robert Fox directly, however, it was kicked back at me. I know
he frequents either the offroad or small truck list. Anyone else
having similar problems as these?

Robert,
I believe you may know something about this.
I have been having intermitent problems accessing
Kunz Korner at http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.ford ranger. com/wwwboard3.html
I have been getting the following message off and on over
the past three days:

FORBIDDEN
You don't have permission to access /wwwboard3.html on
this server.

I get a similar message when I just try http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.ford ranger. com.
Any ideas???

JimS MailTo:jstorch gentire.com
== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 09:42:19 -0500
From: Harry Trafford
Subject: FTE Small - Re: replacement tires/internet site

There is also Discount Tires.

http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.tires.com/

Harry
- ----------
From: Michael Ioco

Has anybody found a good internet site that lists different size
tires and who
makes them?


== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 10:30:08 -0800
From: "=?iso-8859-1?Q?Andr=E9?= E. Benguerel"
Subject: FTE Small - Door Chime?

Has anyone attempted to disable their door chime. I really want to
disable just the "key in the ignition" sensor. I like the "headlights
on" etc. sensors. I know I can just unplug the fuse/chime but I don't
want the whole system gone. I assume there is a single wire at the
ignition switch I can disconnect. Any suggestions?

Andre E. Benguerel

1995 Ford Ranger 4 X4 SC
4.0L V6, OD Auto, Xlt

== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 17:41:35 EST
From: Blest25913 AOL.COM
Subject: FTE Small - CHECK ENGINE light

My C/E light has been going on and off for three months now. I've figured out
the pattern:
1. If I start the truck before it has a chance to cool completely down, the
C/E light will come on.
2. It won't go off until I start it three times in a row while its completely
cold.
Fuel filter and O2 sensor have been replaced.
The engine runs fine.
'96 Ranger, 3.0L, auto trans w/o.d., 4X4
Thanks,
Ron "Grampy" Trampe
== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 20:47:12 -0500
From: Robert Craven Jr (nospam)
Subject: FTE Small - My fuel pump will not quit running

My fuel pump continues to run even with the key turned off. To get it
to stop I have to unplug the 30 amp fuse in the fuse block in the engine
compartment.
Shouldn't it quit running even if you do not reach the required fuel
pressure when you turn the ignition key off?
I do not seem to have a gas leak as it ran for several hours with no gas
smell or drips or puddles that I can find.
How do I make it stop?
Bobby Craven
== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 03:29:06 -0500
From: Harry Trafford
Subject: FTE Small - B2 auto trans

I originally wrote about the '90 B2 I just purchased, and how
the tailshaft bushing spun with the PO driving. Horrible
shaking and loss of all fluid in the A4LD tranny.

I bought a new tailshaft from Ford, for $68. It comes with a
bushing and a rear seal. I installed it tonight, added 5 qts.
fluid, (but it still needs more) and warmed it up. Well, I
must have lucked out with the tranny, because it actually
drives. If it holds up, it'll be the cheapest "good" vehicle,
I've ever bought. Now to pass the emissions test, get a tag
and take care of that windshield leak. Finally, some good
news.

Harry
== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 02:59:16 -0600 (EST)
From: Robert Fox
Subject: Re: FTE Small - Ford Ranger Sites

I just fixed it. I made an IP change to the site. For a while I thought
it was just taking a long time for the new IP to reach all the servers.
But the problem was one of the three zone files had not been updated.
That's why the problem was on and off. I just updated the zone file this
morning. The reason why it was a 403 and not a 404 was some one in the UK
has a domain name using our IP address (the old one) and I have it pointed
out into the void. ...they wont fix it. Not my problem anymore. Let me
know if you are still having problems.

Just to keep this Ford Truck related, my new EEC-V (upgraded version from
old EEC-V) will be in Friday. Will let you know how things work out.

Robert Fox
fox ford ranger. com
www.ford ranger. com

On Thu, 10 Dec 1998, Jim Storch wrote:

> Robert,
> I believe you may know something about this.
> I have been having intermitent problems accessing
> Kunz Korner at http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.ford ranger. com/wwwboard3.html
> I have been getting the following message off and on over
> the past three days:
>
> FORBIDDEN
> You don't have permission to access /wwwboard3.html on
> this server.
>
> I get a similar message when I just try http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.ford ranger. com.
> Any ideas???
>

== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 03:08:19 -0600 (EST)
From: Robert Fox
Subject: Re: FTE Small - CHECK ENGINE light

Could be the purge valve solenoid. These things have a tendency to go
out. Ive seen my share solenoids fail.

Robert Fox
fox ford ranger. com
www.ford ranger. com

On Thu, 10 Dec 1998 Blest25913 AOL.COM wrote:

> My C/E light has been going on and off for three months now. I've figured out
> the pattern:
> 1. If I start the truck before it has a chance to cool completely down, the
> C/E light will come on.
> 2. It won't go off until I start it three times in a row while its completely
> cold.
> Fuel filter and O2 sensor have been replaced.
> The engine runs fine.
> '96 Ranger, 3.0L, auto trans w/o.d., 4X4
> Thanks,
> Ron "Grampy" Trampe

== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 03:09:24 -0600 (EST)
From: Robert Fox
Subject: Re: FTE Small - My fuel pump will not quit running

Bad relay!

Robert Fox
fox ford ranger. com
www.ford ranger. com

On Thu, 10 Dec 1998, Robert Craven Jr wrote:

> My fuel pump continues to run even with the key turned off. To get it
> to stop I have to unplug the 30 amp fuse in the fuse block in the engine
> compartment.
> Shouldn't it quit running even if you do not reach the required fuel
> pressure when you turn the ignition key off?
> I do not seem to have a gas leak as it ran for several hours with no gas
> smell or drips or puddles that I can find.
> How do I make it stop?
> Bobby Craven
> == FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html
>

== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html....


To access the rest of this feature you must be a logged in Registered User Of Ford Truck Enthusiasts

Registration is free, easy and gives you access to more features.
If you are not registered, click here to register.
If you are already registered, you can login here.

If you are already logged in and are seeing this message, your web browser is blocking session cookies. Change your browser cookie settings to allow session cookies.




Advertising - Terms of Use - Privacy Policy - Jobs

This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. Ford is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company.