Received: with LISTAR (v0.129a; list pre61-list); Wed, 15 Nov 2000 23:35:59 -0500 (EST)
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 23:35:59 -0500 (EST)
From: Ford Truck Enthusiasts List Server <listar ford-trucks.com>
To: pre61-list digest users <listar ford-trucks.com>
Reply-to: pre61-list ford-trucks.com
Subject: pre61-list Digest V2000 #218
Precedence: list

==========================================================
Ford Truck Enthusiasts 1948-1960 Truck  Mailing  List

Visit our  web site: http://www.ford-trucks.com

To unsubscribe, send email to: listar ford-trucks.com with
the words "unsubscribe pre61-list" in the subject  of  the
message.
==========================================================

------------------------------------
pre61-list Digest Mon, 13 Nov 2000 Volume: 2000  Issue: 218

In This Issue:
1959 4x4 Transfer case
Subject: Fenders
Re: Fenders
wireing harness for 51 F1
Re: Fenders
Re: Fenders
Re: wireing harness for 51 F1

----------------------------------------------------------------------

From: "Douglas R." <my59f100 hotmail.com>
Subject: 1959 4x4 Transfer case
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 20:13:43 EST

Hi can anybody decode a 4x4 transfer case for me. It'a a Dana Spicer S/N#
T175917, B/M 300205 2, Model 24. Can anyone tell me anything about this
transfer case? I have pictures I could send if needed. Also I can't read the
numbers on the frame is there a way to draw the numbers up to be able to
read them better. I could decode these because the transfer case is still
mounted in the rolling 4x4 frame that I have been told was a 1959.
_________________________________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.hotmail.com.

Share information about yourself, create your own public profile at
http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://profiles.msn.com.


------------------------------

From: "Stephen Hansen" <shansen ndak.net>
Subject: Subject: Fenders
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 19:44:17 -0600



There are also replacement panels for the lower part by the running boards, and the top by the headlights. Depends on how bad the rust is and how big the panels are. I prefer to have steel rather than fiberglass, but I do understand that they may be a necessity.
Stephen Hansen
1992 F250
1950 F-1
2000 Keystone Cougar 5th wheel
http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.geocities.com/shansenw/

"I have begun to beat away the Bondo & screenwire that came with the front
fenders of my '48 F-1, and have discovered that they are in very bad
condition.  Any recommendations from some of you with experience?  Should I
replace them with fibreglass replicas or try to rebuild these.  There are
holes larger than my hand, especially near the seams. I imagine that if steel
fenders are available that they are very expensive.  Thanks for your
comments.  JDay"



------------------------------

Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 20:53:41 -0600
From: JeffH <jeffh icon-stl.net>
Subject: Re: Fenders

At 11:20 AM 11/13/2000 EST, you wrote:
>I have begun to beat away the Bondo & screenwire that came with the front
>fenders of my '48 F-1, and have discovered that they are in very bad
>condition.  Any recommendations from some of you with experience?  Should I
>replace them with fibreglass replicas or try to rebuild these.  There are
>holes larger than my hand, especially near the seams. I imagine that if steel
>fenders are available that they are very expensive.  Thanks for your
>comments.


If you're concerned with price, fiberglass is probably the cheaper way
to go.  Go ahead and get some estimates on your current fenders, they're
usually free.  Another possibility is calling up junkyards and seeing if
you can get original fenders in better condition.  Here are some places to
try online:

"http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://all-parts.net/ (Find The Parts For Every Vehicle Ever Made)
"http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.autop.com/" (Auto and Parts - used auto parts locating system)
"http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.dvap.com/" ADD_DATE="942202290" (Desert Valley Auto Parts)
"http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.classicpickups.com/parts/ford_parts.htm" (Ford Parts Sources)

=====jeffh icon-stl.net=====http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.icon-stl.net/~jeffh======
Another fine message brought to you by the Screaming Penguins:
Unnoficial site of the "John Madden for President" campaign!


------------------------------

From: "Greg Mullins" <gmullins naxs.net>
Subject: wireing harness for 51 F1
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 22:09:24 -0600

Hello all....


Well my project is nearing completion.  All I really need to find now is a
wireing harness.  I am useing the original 6 volt positive ground system.
Does anyone know where I can get a harness for the 6 volt positive ground
with front and rear signal lights made?  Any help will be appreciated.

thanks in advance

Greg


------------------------------

From: DEADOAK aol.com
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 08:43:28 EST
Subject: Re: Fenders


Is there a RustBusters near you?  I recently used one to repair doors on a 46
truck and was very pleased.   They filled in the rusted out places with zinc
so it will never rust again and all I had to do was put a skin of bondo to
smooth the surface.  The cost was very reasonable compared to new panels or
new fenders.

CW



------------------------------

From: "Roy Maul" <roymaul open.org>
Subject: Re: Fenders
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 09:18:12 -0800

My experience with RustBusters was also very good.  I had the front fenders
done on my '50 F2.  Good job and rasonable price.  The RustBusters I used
was located in Oregon City, Oregon.

Roy

----- Original Message -----
From: <DEADOAK aol.com>
To: <pre61-list ford-trucks.com>
Sent: Tuesday, November 14, 2000 5:43 AM
Subject: [pre61-list] Re: Fenders


>
> Is there a RustBusters near you?  I recently used one to repair doors on a
46
> truck and was very pleased.   They filled in the rusted out places with
zinc
> so it will never rust again and all I had to do was put a skin of bondo to
> smooth the surface.  The cost was very reasonable compared to new panels
or
> new fenders.
>
> CW
>
>
> =============================================================
> To  unsubscribe:   www.ford-trucks.com/mailinglist.html#item3
> Please remove this footer when replying.
>
>


------------------------------

From: "Jack Wart" <jack circleburners.com>
Subject: Re: wireing harness for 51 F1
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 23:38:15 -0500

Try Affordable Street Rods. I got my wiring from them. I converted to 12
volts but his system will work for 6 Volt.
-----Original Message-----
From: Greg Mullins <gmullins naxs.net>
To: pre61-list ford-trucks.com <pre61-list ford-trucks.com>
Date: Monday, November 13, 2000 10:18 PM
Subject: [pre61-list] wireing harness for 51 F1


>Hello all....
>
>
>Well my project is nearing completion.  All I really need to find now is a
>wireing harness.  I am useing the original 6 volt positive ground system.
>Does anyone know where I can get a harness for the 6 volt positive ground
>with front and rear signal lights made?  Any help will be appreciated.
>
>thanks in advance
>
>Greg
>
>=============================================================
>To  unsubscribe:   www.ford-trucks.com/mailinglist.html#item3
>Please remove this footer when replying.


------------------------------

End of pre61-list Digest V2000 #218
***********************************
----------------------------------------------------------
<><><><><><> Serious Help Finding That Part! <><><><><><>
Ford Truck Enthusiasts now has "Ford Products Interchange"
manuals in its online store.  Two editions: 1950-1965 and
1963-1974.  Cross references thousands of Ford parts.
<a href="http://www.motorhaven.com/">
http://www.motorhaven.com/</a>
----------------------------------------------------------
Ford Truck Enthusiasts 1948-1960 Truck List

Send posts to pre61-list ford-trucks.com ....


To access the rest of this feature you must be a logged in Registered User Of Ford Truck Enthusiasts

Registration is free, easy and gives you access to more features.
If you are not registered, click here to register.
If you are already registered, you can login here.

If you are already logged in and are seeing this message, your web browser is blocking session cookies. Change your browser cookie settings to allow session cookies.




Advertising - Terms of Use - Privacy Policy - Jobs

This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. Ford is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company.