From: owner-pre61-list-digest ford-trucks.com (pre61-list-digest)
To: pre61-list-digest ford-trucks.com
Subject: pre61-list-digest V3 #241
Reply-To: pre61-list ford-trucks.com
Sender: owner-pre61-list-digest ford-trucks.com
Errors-To: owner-pre61-list-digest ford-trucks.com
Precedence: bulk


pre61-list-digest Wednesday, August 25 1999 Volume 03 : Number 241



=======================================================================
Ford Truck Enthusiasts - 1948 - 1948 truck and vans
Visit our web site: http://www.ford-trucks.com/
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
To unsubscribe, send email to:
majordomo ford-trucks.com
with the words "unsubscribe pre61-list-digest" in the body of the
message.
=======================================================================
In this issue:

FTE Pre61 - volare clips
FTE Pre61 - bench seat for a mid 50 truck
FTE Pre61 - dropped axle
RE: FTE Pre61 - dropped axle
FTE Pre61 - emergency brake cables
RE: FTE Pre61 - dropped axle
FTE Pre61 - AOD linkage/47Fred
FTE Pre61 - Re: fte pre61 door locks
FTE Pre61 - Wiring Harness
Re: FTE Pre61 - Re: fte pre61 door locks
Re: FTE Pre61 - Re: fte pre61 door locks

=======================================================================

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 06:31:43 -0500
From: jniolon uss.com
Subject: FTE Pre61 - volare clips

roger,

go to the FTE home page and look under member contributions... there is a
index of all
past 'ford' related articles from Custom&Classic Trucks and Classic Trucks
mags. They are sorted by topic and date. There are several articles on
the Volare install and one on rebuilding the Volare. I did one on my '53
and it was not difficult
I've got the magazines if you can't locate the articles and I could dig
them out and copy the articles if you need. There are also templates avail
for the more popular models.

Hope this helps

john


== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 06:38:10 -0500
From: jniolon uss.com
Subject: FTE Pre61 - bench seat for a mid 50 truck

Shawn,

just finished putting a mid-80's Chevy bench seat in my 53. The width is
perfect and the 'fit' to me is very comfortable.
Standard slide rails and back tilts forward for access to rear cab. Found
mine at a Van/Truck conversion shop here in B'ham for $50.00... could
never locate one in a junkyard that was worth having. Used 2" tubing to
raise the seat to the proper height (where your arm hangs comfortably out
the window) and drilled the 4 necessary holes in the floor. Took about an
hour working by myself. Had to notch the tubing to allow for the raised
rib in the floorboard (old seat mounts), but that is just hacksaw
technology. Saw several guys using these seats at P.F. this year and it
turned me away from the big Caddy split bench I had already purchased.
(Need some 60/40 split bench Caddy seats anyone...cheap???)

later

john


== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 12:21:20 -0700 (PDT)
From: shane san miguel
Subject: FTE Pre61 - dropped axle

Where do you find these 3" dropped axles? i wish to
lower my 54
approx 3 - 4"s as well front and rear but do not
really wish to go the
clip route. and how are you lowering the back end. i
wish to keep thestock
spring suspension but "somehow" want get her lower to
the ground.


Shawn,

I can only help you out a little. You can contact
Mid-Fifty's F100's in southern cali for a catalog,
it's free. I don't remember the phone number and
can't find the catalog but I got the number from this
list so someone here can help you out. They sell the
dropped axles in 2.5" - 4" drops. There was another
supplier but I can't seem to recall the name. Again,
I heard it here so someone should be able to help. As
for where I got my axle from.... I was having a
friend weld up my rear axle tubes after returning the
center section from 55degrees vertical (second gear at
the track) and he had one laying around. So I got it
for the price of 900lbs to the dump, or roughly
fifteen dollars and an hour's work. It allready has
new king pins and tie rod ends installed.

A few observations. I am told, don't know yet but
purchase them anyway, that you need camber shims to go
with the dropped axle. Mid-Fifty's has them too.
Also, a tie-rod drop kit is mandatory, this I doo
know.

Shane
55 F100 5.0
15.51 87
289 pinto waiting patiently

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?

== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 15:49:58 -0500
From: Mike Morton
Subject: RE: FTE Pre61 - dropped axle

You could also try Bob's F100 Parts, Dennis Carpenter Reproductions, F100
Connection, or SoCal Pickups. I have tried all at different times and they
have all been
helpful with any questions and no problems. You can get their address and
phone numbers at http://www.ford-trucks.com/misc/suppliers.txt. Mid 50s is
there also.
Good-Luck
Mike,
55 F100 w/460

> -----Original Message-----
> From: shane san miguel [SMTP:v8pinto yahoo.com]
> Sent: Tuesday, August 24, 1999 2:21 PM
> To: pre61-list ford-trucks.com
> Subject: FTE Pre61 - dropped axle
>
> Where do you find these 3" dropped axles? i wish to
> lower my 54
> approx 3 - 4"s as well front and rear but do not
> really wish to go the
> clip route. and how are you lowering the back end. i
> wish to keep thestock
> spring suspension but "somehow" want get her lower to
> the ground.
>
>
> Shawn,
>
> I can only help you out a little. You can contact
> Mid-Fifty's F100's in southern cali for a catalog,
> it's free. I don't remember the phone number and
> can't find the catalog but I got the number from this
> list so someone here can help you out.
== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 15:47:28 -0500
From: "Charlie Powell"
Subject: FTE Pre61 - emergency brake cables

I am putting a 9" rear end under my 55 and I want to use Lokar stainless
emergency brake cables. My old cables ran from the backing plates on
each side up to a bracket on both sides of the rear cross member where
they were attached with a clip. I don't see anyway to connect the Lokar
cables to the brackets on the crossmember. I would be interested in
hearing from anyone who has installed these type of cables on their
truck.

Thanks, Charlie
cpowell american-trouser.com

== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 15:01:41 -0600
From: "Kitchen, Ken"
Subject: RE: FTE Pre61 - dropped axle

You could also try Sacramento Vintage Ford. They have the best catalog that
I have seen so far and good service too.

Ken Kitchen
Colorado Springs, CO


----------
From: Mike Morton [SMTP:mmorto woodward.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 24, 1999 2:50 PM
To: 'pre61-list ford-trucks.com'
Subject: RE: FTE Pre61 - dropped axle

You could also try Bob's F100 Parts, Dennis Carpenter Reproductions,
F100
Connection, or SoCal Pickups. I have tried all at different times
and they
have all been
helpful with any questions and no problems. You can get their
address and
phone numbers at http://www.ford-trucks.com/misc/suppliers.txt. Mid
50s is
there also.
Good-Luck
Mike,
55 F100 w/460

> -----Original Message-----
> From: shane san miguel [SMTP:v8pinto yahoo.com]
> Sent: Tuesday, August 24, 1999 2:21 PM
> To: pre61-list ford-trucks.com
> Subject: FTE Pre61 - dropped axle
>
> Where do you find these 3" dropped axles? i wish to
> lower my 54
> approx 3 - 4"s as well front and rear but do not
> really wish to go the
> clip route. and how are you lowering the back end. i
> wish to keep thestock
> spring suspension but "somehow" want get her lower to
> the ground.
>
>
> Shawn,
>
> I can only help you out a little. You can contact
> Mid-Fifty's F100's in southern cali for a catalog,
> it's free. I don't remember the phone number and
> can't find the catalog but I got the number from this
> list so someone here can help you out.
== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info
http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html
== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 16:48:01 -0700
From: "The Clark's"
Subject: FTE Pre61 - AOD linkage/47Fred

Thanks Fred. You confirmed what I had heard elsewhere. I'll get it as close
as I can and drive it to the tranny shop. I have a different intake and
carb than the throttle body FI that was on there originally. /Dan-56Panel.

== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 20:46:55 EDT
From: MilFam3 aol.com
Subject: FTE Pre61 - Re: fte pre61 door locks

i'm the proud new owner of a 56 f100 . after buying it i noticed there was no
key door
lock on drivers door.the only one is on the passenger side. i can't lock
truck with out
sliding out passenger side and locking that door. is this the way some came?
anyone wanting to reply please do so to dan m. at milfam3 aol.com
== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 19:38:44 -0500
From: "Randy Selby"
Subject: FTE Pre61 - Wiring Harness

I'm about ready to put the cab back on my '50 F-1 and will soon need a
wiring harness. The old one was already removed when I bought the truck, so
I'm starting from scratch. I want to do the following modifications:
12 volt conversion ( will have the generator rewired )
addition of second tail lamp
addition of turn signals front and rear
I plan on using the original guages with a voltage reducer
My question is, where is the best place to get the entire harness at a good
price? I would like to have an original style harness not a
1-size-fits-all.

Thanks for everybody's help.

Randy Selby
1950 F-1
== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 18:10:58 -0700
From: "cc"
Subject: Re: FTE Pre61 - Re: fte pre61 door locks

That's the way they came. I have a 56 that my Dad bought new and I restored
it all original. It is a little bother but you learn to live with it if you
enjoy original looks.
David
56 f-100 1/2 T longbed
- -----Original Message-----
From: MilFam3 aol.com
To: pre61-list ford-trucks.com
Date: Tuesday, August 24, 1999 5:54 PM
Subject: FTE Pre61 - Re: fte pre61 door locks


>i'm the proud new owner of a 56 f100 . after buying it i noticed there was
no
>key door
>lock on drivers door.the only one is on the passenger side. i can't lock
>truck with out
>sliding out passenger side and locking that door. is this the way some
came?
>anyone wanting to reply please do so to dan m. at milfam3 aol.com
>== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html
>

== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 21:16:54 EDT
From: FISHROT1 aol.com
Subject: Re: FTE Pre61 - Re: fte pre61 door locks

That was common on standard models, only the custom cab as far as I am aware....


To access the rest of this feature you must be a logged in Registered User Of Ford Truck Enthusiasts

Registration is free, easy and gives you access to more features.
If you are not registered, click here to register.
If you are already registered, you can login here.

If you are already logged in and are seeing this message, your web browser is blocking session cookies. Change your browser cookie settings to allow session cookies.




Advertising - Terms of Use - Privacy Policy - Jobs

This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. Ford is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company.