pre61-list-digest Saturday, February 6 1999 Volume 03 : Number 036



=======================================================================
Ford Truck Enthusiasts - 1948 - 1948 truck and vans
Visit our web site: http://www.ford-trucks.com/
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
To unsubscribe, send email to:
majordomo ford-trucks.com
with the words "unsubscribe pre61-list-digest" in the body of the
message.
=======================================================================
In this issue:

Re: FTE Pre61 - flat head conversion
FTE Pre61 - flat head conversion
FTE Pre61 - flatomatic
FTE Pre61 - auto show
FTE Pre61 - ADMIN: Spring nominations
Re: FTE Pre61 - auto show
Re: FTE Pre61 - flatomatic

=======================================================================

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Fri, 5 Feb 1999 07:33:14 -0500
From: "Sam Fugate"
Subject: Re: FTE Pre61 - flat head conversion

Thanks Gary,
I'd like to find one of those myself(Merc)
Sam
- -----Original Message-----
From: Mcat
To: pre61-list ford-trucks.com
Date: Thursday, February 04, 1999 7:27 PM
Subject: RE: FTE Pre61 - flat head conversion


>sam, the number for speedway is 1-800-736-3733. I`m in the process of
>changing my fordomatic to a c4 in my 53 vicky. In the process I`m changing
>to a full tilt merc flatty instead of the 239 ford. Garry
>
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: owner-pre61-list ford-trucks.com
>> [mailto:owner-pre61-list ford-trucks.com]On Behalf Of Sam Fugate
>> Sent: Thursday, February 04, 1999 7:39 AM
>> To: ford truck
>> Subject: FTE Pre61 - flat head conversion
>>
>>
>> Anyone know the phone number for a company named Flat Products,
>> or Speedway
>> Motors ? I am thinking of converting the 3 speed tranny(239
>> flathead) to an
>> automatic.
>> I retieved these names from the FTE list
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Sam In Mt. Sterling, KY.
>>
>> == FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html
>>
>
>== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html
>

== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 5 Feb 1999 10:04:53 -0600
From: "Stephen W. Hansen"
Subject: FTE Pre61 - flat head conversion

Here is the flyer that I have from Flat-O Products
"2195 Commercial N.E.
Salem Or. 97303
503-364-6194

Y-block to a C-4
Flat-O Products now offers an adapter kit to install the popular C-4 ford
transmission to the Ford Y-block engine family.
The kit contains: Custom Flywheel
Crankshaft bushing
Pilot Bushing
Custom bellhouse
All nuts, bolts, spacers
Instructions

Options: Custom fill tube
Custom Kick down system

The kit fits 272-292-312 engines. Use an original starter from a 360 or 390
engine. Can be used with a floor or column shifter.
No Air cooled.
price 395.00
Please call it you have questions.
Gene Benson
503-364-6194"


(I did call and asked him about the column shifter option. He said there was
a way to use the original column shifter lever with the kit. I never did
order the kit, and have no opinion about the service or quality of this
company. this flyer is several years old and may not be accurate anymore.)

== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 05 Feb 1999 09:25:59 -0800
From: Marilyn Boese
Subject: FTE Pre61 - flatomatic

>
> Date: Thu, 4 Feb 1999 07:38:32 -0500
> From: "Sam Fugate"
> Subject: FTE Pre61 - flat head conversion
>
> Anyone know the phone number for a company named Flat Products, or Speedway
> Motors ? I am thinking of converting the 3 speed tranny(239 flathead) to an
> automatic.
> I retieved these names from the FTE list
>
> Thanks,
> Sam In Mt. Sterling, KY.
>
> == FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info h
>
> ------------------------------
Sam, there is a company making these in Oregon I believe. The name is
Flatomatic. Keep checking and you'll find a phone number. Maybe all of
Oregon still has only one area code! Sometimes better to buy at the
source. Good luck. Are you putting headers and built engine in your
project?

Marilyn
red reds-headers.com

> > Anyone know the phone number for a company named Flat Products,
> > or Speedway
> > Motors ? I am thinking of converting the 3 speed tranny(239
> > flathead) to an
> > automatic.
> > I retieved these names from the FTE list
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Sam In Mt. Sterling, KY.

== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 05 Feb 1999 17:42:02 -0800
From: Mig
Subject: FTE Pre61 - auto show

I'm going to the autorama hot rod show at cobo hall in detroit feb. 20.
I was just wondering if any else was going.

Mig

== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 05 Feb 1999 16:59:47 -0500
From: Ken Payne
Subject: FTE Pre61 - ADMIN: Spring nominations

Fellow FTEs:

Once again, Car Lounge is taking nominations for their
top ten automotive sites awards. FTE has, thanks to
its members, consistantly won a top 10 award.

Last quarter something shameful happened: FTE won second
place... Chevy's corporate site won first place.

If you like FTE's site and services, please take a
couple of moments to nominate us.

The nomination form can be found at:

http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://carlounge.com/nominate.htm

Thanks,
Ken Payne
FTE Admin


== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 05 Feb 1999 17:04:27 +0000
From: Fred g 454
Subject: Re: FTE Pre61 - auto show

Mig,
I plan on going. Two members of my truck club (Klassic Haulers) have
vehicles on display there.

Mig wrote:

> I'm going to the autorama hot rod show at cobo hall in detroit feb. 20.
> I was just wondering if any else was going.
>
> Mig
>
> == FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 5 Feb 1999 19:46:38 -0800
From: "Dennis R. Fischer"
Subject: Re: FTE Pre61 - flatomatic

Nope, not anymore. Oregon has 2 area codes. 503 & 541. The 503 covers
Portland/Salem and that might be your best bet.

- -----Original Message-----
From: Marilyn Boese
To: pre61-list ford-trucks.com
Date: Friday, February 05, 1999 8:25 AM
Subject: FTE Pre61 - flatomatic


>>
>> Date: Thu, 4 Feb 1999 07:38:32 -0500
>> From: "Sam Fugate"
>> Subject: FTE Pre61 - flat head conversion
>>
>> Anyone know the phone number for a company named Flat Products, or
Speedway
>> Motors ? I am thinking of converting the 3 speed tranny(239 flathead) to
an
>> automatic.
>> I retieved these names from the FTE list
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Sam In Mt. Sterling, KY.
>>
>> == FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info h
>>
>> ------------------------------
>Sam, there is a company making these in Oregon I believe. The name is
>Flatomatic. Keep checking and you'll find a phone number. Maybe all of
>Oregon still has only one area code! Sometimes better to buy at the
>source. Good luck. Are you putting headers and built engine in your
>project?
>
>Marilyn
>red reds-headers.com
>
>> > Anyone know the phone number for a company named Flat Products,
>> > or Speedway
>> > Motors ? I am thinking of converting the 3 speed tranny(239
>> > flathead) to an
>> > automatic.
>> > I retieved these names from the FTE list
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> > Sam In Mt. Sterling, KY.
>
>== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html

== FTE: Uns*bscribe and posting info http://www.ford-trucks.com/faq.html....


To access the rest of this feature you must be a logged in Registered User Of Ford Truck Enthusiasts

Registration is free, easy and gives you access to more features.
If you are not registered, click here to register.
If you are already registered, you can login here.

If you are already logged in and are seeing this message, your web browser is blocking session cookies. Change your browser cookie settings to allow session cookies.




Advertising - Terms of Use - Privacy Policy - Jobs

This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. Ford is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company.