Please do not repost, forward or otherwise publish messages
contained in these archives without consent from the respective
author(s). These archives may not, in whole or part, be stored on
any public retrieval system (FTP, web, gopher, newsgroup, etc.) by
individuals or companies, without consent of the respective authors.

Received: with LISTAR (v0.128a; list pre61-list); Mon, 28 Feb 2000 09:21:30 -0500 (EST)
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 09:21:30 -0500 (EST)
From: Ford Truck Enthusiasts List Server ford-trucks.com>
To: pre61-list digest users ford-trucks.com>
Reply-to: pre61-list ford-trucks.com
Subject: pre61-list Digest V2000 #16
Precedence: bulk

==========================================================
Ford Truck Enthusiasts 1948-1960 Truck Mailing List

Visit our web site: http://www.ford-trucks.com

To unsubscribe, send email to: listar ford-trucks.com with
the words "unsubscribe pre61-list" in the subject of the
message.
==========================================================

------------------------------------
pre61-list Digest Sun, 27 Feb 2000 Volume: 2000 Issue: 016

In This Issue:
Wiring
ADMIN: Ford press releases
Re: Wiring
Re: Wiring
Re: Wiring
Re: Wiring
Old AM radios
Re: Radio Conversion
Paint codes

----------------------------------------------------------------------

From: "Steve Schnitz" ldr.coolsky.com>
Subject: Wiring
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2000 10:01:46 -0500

Hello, Hope this finds everyone in good health. Taking my F-1 1948 truck to
have the engine redone today. Can't wait till I get it back. Next project is
to redo the wiring. I know this has been asked before but can't find notes.
where is the best place to buy the wiring kits at? I need to do the whole
truck since it still has the original wiring. Needs to look original if
possible. Can't spend alot of money. I just bought a new trailer to haul it
to Pigeon Forge this summer and having engine done so money will be tight.
Can't wait to get to Pigeon Forge. Thanks for any help offered. you can
e-mail me at cocacolakid ldr.coolsky.com. Thanks again Steve


------------------------------

Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2000 09:59:16 -0500
From: Ken Payne ford-trucks.com>
Subject: ADMIN: Ford press releases

Five press releases from Ford have been added to the
news section of the site (linked off the main page of
the site, www.ford-trucks.com).

Included is information on the 2001 Ranger Edge, the
2000 Escape and F150 Harley-Davidson pricing.

Ken Payne
Admin, Ford Truck Enthusiasts



------------------------------

Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2000 11:30:37 -0500
From: David Russow globalbiz.net>
Subject: Re: Wiring



Steve Schnitz wrote:

> Hello, Hope this finds everyone in good health. Taking my F-1 1948 truck to
> have the engine redone today. Can't wait till I get it back. Next project is
> to redo the wiring. I know this has been asked before but can't find notes.
> where is the best place to buy the wiring kits at? I need to do the whole
> truck since it still has the original wiring. Needs to look original if
> possible. Can't spend alot of money. I just bought a new trailer to haul it
> to Pigeon Forge this summer and having engine done so money will be tight.
> Can't wait to get to Pigeon Forge. Thanks for any help offered. you can
> e-mail me at cocacolakid ldr.coolsky.com. Thanks again Steve

Steve

I have'nt done it but from what I have heard, Painless is just about the best
aftermarket wiring kit available.

FWIW

Dave
FIFT4FE

>
>
> ==========================================================
> To unsubscribe, send email to: listar ford-trucks.com with
> the words "unsubscribe pre61-list" in the body of the
> message.


------------------------------

From: "Steve Schnitz" ldr.coolsky.com>
Subject: Re: Wiring
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2000 12:18:48 -0500

Do you have their address? Thanks
-----Original Message-----
From: David Russow globalbiz.net>
To: pre61-list ford-trucks.com ford-trucks.com>
Date: Sunday, February 27, 2000 11:27 AM
Subject: [pre61-list] Re: Wiring


>
>
>Steve Schnitz wrote:
>
>> Hello, Hope this finds everyone in good health. Taking my F-1 1948 truck
to
>> have the engine redone today. Can't wait till I get it back. Next project
is
>> to redo the wiring. I know this has been asked before but can't find
notes.
>> where is the best place to buy the wiring kits at? I need to do the whole
>> truck since it still has the original wiring. Needs to look original if
>> possible. Can't spend alot of money. I just bought a new trailer to haul
it
>> to Pigeon Forge this summer and having engine done so money will be
tight.
>> Can't wait to get to Pigeon Forge. Thanks for any help offered. you can
>> e-mail me at cocacolakid ldr.coolsky.com. Thanks again Steve
>
>Steve
>
>I have'nt done it but from what I have heard, Painless is just about the
best
>aftermarket wiring kit available.
>
>FWIW
>
>Dave
>FIFT4FE
>
>>
>>
>> ==========================================================
>> To unsubscribe, send email to: listar ford-trucks.com with
>> the words "unsubscribe pre61-list" in the body of the
>> message.
>
>==========================================================
>To unsubscribe, send email to: listar ford-trucks.com with
>the words "unsubscribe pre61-list" in the body of the
>message.
>
>


------------------------------

Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2000 12:32:21 -0500
From: Fred g 454 concentric.net>
Subject: Re: Wiring

Check out ez wire too, I used it and it a great unit for less money.

Steve Schnitz wrote:

> Do you have their address? Thanks
> -----Original Message-----
> From: David Russow globalbiz.net>
> To: pre61-list ford-trucks.com ford-trucks.com>
> Date: Sunday, February 27, 2000 11:27 AM
> Subject: [pre61-list] Re: Wiring
>
> >
> >
> >Steve Schnitz wrote:
> >
> >> Hello, Hope this finds everyone in good health. Taking my F-1 1948 truck
> to
> >> have the engine redone today. Can't wait till I get it back. Next project
> is
> >> to redo the wiring. I know this has been asked before but can't find
> notes.
> >> where is the best place to buy the wiring kits at? I need to do the whole
> >> truck since it still has the original wiring. Needs to look original if
> >> possible. Can't spend alot of money. I just bought a new trailer to haul
> it
> >> to Pigeon Forge this summer and having engine done so money will be
> tight.
> >> Can't wait to get to Pigeon Forge. Thanks for any help offered. you can
> >> e-mail me at cocacolakid ldr.coolsky.com. Thanks again Steve
> >
> >Steve
> >
> >I have'nt done it but from what I have heard, Painless is just about the
> best
> >aftermarket wiring kit available.
> >
> >FWIW
> >
> >Dave
> >FIFT4FE
> >
> >>
> >>
> >> ==========================================================
> >> To unsubscribe, send email to: listar ford-trucks.com with
> >> the words "unsubscribe pre61-list" in the body of the
> >> message.
> >
> >==========================================================
> >To unsubscribe, send email to: listar ford-trucks.com with
> >the words "unsubscribe pre61-list" in the body of the
> >message.
> >
> >
>
> ==========================================================
> To unsubscribe, send email to: listar ford-trucks.com with
> the words "unsubscribe pre61-list" in the body of the
> message.


------------------------------

Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2000 14:01:29 -0500
From: David Russow globalbiz.net>
Subject: Re: Wiring



Steve Schnitz wrote:

> Hello, Hope this finds everyone in good health. Taking my F-1 1948 truck to
> have the engine redone today. Can't wait till I get it back. Next project is
> to redo the wiring. I know this has been asked before but can't find notes.
> where is the best place to buy the wiring kits at? I need to do the whole
> truck since it still has the original wiring. Needs to look original if
> possible. Can't spend alot of money. I just bought a new trailer to haul it
> to Pigeon Forge this summer and having engine done so money will be tight.
> Can't wait to get to Pigeon Forge. Thanks for any help offered. you can
> e-mail me at cocacolakid ldr.coolsky.com. Thanks again Steve

Steve

Centech Wiring
7 Colonial Drive
Perkiomenville, PA. 18074
610-287-5730
www.centechwire.com

Painless Wiring
9505 Santa Paula Dr.
Fort Worth, TX 76116
817-244-6898
www.painlesswiring.com

EZ wiring harness is cheaper but all wires are black with wires marked as to
use. Above harnesses are color coded and marked, but a little more expensive.

Hope this helps. Good Luck

Dave
FIFT4FE

>
> ==========================================================
> To unsubscribe, send email to: listar ford-trucks.com with
> the words "unsubscribe pre61-list" in the body of the
> message.


------------------------------

From: Tstyskal aol.com
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2000 19:58:02 EST
Subject: Old AM radios


Terry and Mike

You may want to try this site. He seems to have good pricing and even has
radios for sale. He also converts them to FM - www.bobsradio.com -


------------------------------

From: lwblumjr juno.com
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2000 20:43:31 -0600
Subject: Re: Radio Conversion

> From: "Terry" ticnet.com>
> Subject: factory radio
> Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2000 22:37:01 -0600
>
> I went to the swap meet in Decatur Tx today. It was as big as I have
> ever
> seen. Found two original 56-60 radios. One cost me $5 and the other
> was $20.
> I bought the cheaper one just to have extra parts. . .
> I am a happy camper with a complete working original
> radio for
> my ole truck. Its real cool to turn on an old radio and hear old
> music. Now
> if I just get it converted to FM.......hmmmmm.
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2000 20:54:05 -0800
> From: Mike Pacheco uswest.net>
> Subject: Re: factory radio
>
> I also have a 56' radio that just humms.... what type of place these
> days will
> repair a radio of this age?
> Mike in Burien or Seattle
> And just happen to have a spare in the trunk... opppsss this is a
> 56' fairlane..
>
> From: "Howard H. Tarnoff" qnci.net>
> Subject: Re: factory radio
> Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2000 08:16:01 -0500
>
> Terry,
>
> There is a gent in the North Shore area of Massachusetts who
> advertises in
> Hemmings who can convert that radio to FM for you.

Terry,

Here is a link to a guy in Florida that can either add FM to your
original radio or convert to new radio with original housing and
face and looks like original with plug in for CD player.
"http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.gate.net/~gtayman/"

Larry W. Blum, Jr.
FCA#09509
Pensacola, Fl.
"mailto:lwblumjr juno.com"
"http://www.ford-trucks.com//lc/lc.php?action=do&link=http://www.students.uwf.edu/lwb1/homepage.html"

________________________________________________________________





------------------------------

From: "Steve Schnitz" ldr.coolsky.com>
Subject: Paint codes
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 09:29:05 -0500

Hello. Could anyone tell me where i can find paint code for 1948 F-1 Ford
truck?
They color is suppose to be Birch Gray. Thanks Steve
cocacolakid ldr.coolsky.com
....


To access the rest of this feature you must be a logged in Registered User Of Ford Truck Enthusiasts

Registration is free, easy and gives you access to more features.
If you are not registered, click here to register.
If you are already registered, you can login here.

If you are already logged in and are seeing this message, your web browser is blocking session cookies. Change your browser cookie settings to allow session cookies.




Advertising - Terms of Use - Privacy Policy - Jobs

This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. Ford is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company.